My "Bisquick" 45 minute circuit exercise

Options
I call it "Bisquick" exercise because I usually feel like pancake batter at the end. The only 2 goals are to do all the exercises properly with good form and to complete it within 45 minutes. Anyone else do circuit style exercises like this? I do these more frequently because of the "full body" aspect of it.

(5 minutes dynamic warm-ups, leg/arm swings, etc.)
- Jog 1 lap for continued warm up (.4 miles at the gym I go to)
- 500 meters rowing machine (fast pace)
- 10 even-paced burpees on a 15kg sandbag with a clean & press & upward toss of the sandbag after each burpee
- 15 V-sit crunches center-abs
- 10 V-sit crunches right side abs
- 10 v-sit crunches left side abs
- 10 30lb padded-ball slams (overhead toss optional)
- 10 50lb dumbbell bench press
- 45 seconds side plank right side
- 45 seconds side plank left side
- 45 seconds regular plank
- 5 (each arm) 35lb kettle bell squat/clean & press
- 20 15lb kettlebell wrist curls (forearm parallel with the ground, elbow tucked into side)
- Run 1 lap (race pace)
- 400 meters rowing machine (fast pace)
- 9 even-paced burpees on a 15kg sandbag with a clean & press & upward toss
- 9 30lb padded-ball slams (overhead toss optional)
- 9 50lb dumbbell bench press
- 4 (each arm) 35lb kettle bell squat/clean & press
- 20 15lb kettlebell wrist curls
- Run 1 lap (race pace)
- 300 meters rowing machine (fast pace)
- 8 even-paced burpees on a 15kg sandbag with a clean & press & upward toss
- 8 30lb padded-ball slams (overhead toss optional)
- 8 50lb dumbbell bench press
- 3 (each arm) 35lb kettle bell squat/clean & press
- 20 15lb kettlebell wrist curls
- Run 1 lap (race pace)
- Jog 1 lap (cool down)
- Check the time
- Thorough stretching for 15 minutes

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Doesn't seem like fun to have to consult the list every 45 seconds to see what the next exercise is.

And wrist curls?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,002 Member
    Options
    Whoa. Can't believe you typed that all out.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    So you can complete all the exercises in 20 minutes (given the 5 minute warm up an 15 minute cool down/stretch)? Seems impossible.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    V-sit crunches?
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    It still seems impossible. You list 42 items and I don't know anyone who can run that fast or get everything set up that quickly especially if they are in a public gym. It just seems like there is no rest time for muscle recovery in between each activity. Glad this works for you, but just seems unrealistic for me.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

It's part of the workout.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    nosajjao wrote: »
    DavPul wrote: »
    Doesn't seem like fun to have to consult the list every 45 seconds to see what the next exercise is.

And wrist curls?

I memorized the workout having done it with slight variations for the last few years.

Wrist curls:

Palm flat face up. Arm bent 90 degrees, elbow tucked into side, forearm level with ground. Kettlebell handle resting on fingers, around the 2nd knuckle area. Keeping fingers grouped together, bend at the wrist and lower kettle bell while curling fingers slightly to avoid dropping the kettlebell. Once you reach the lowest position, maintaining a level forearm position, raise the kettle bell bending only at the wrist. Keep the fingers together and lift the kettlebell as high as your wrist allows without the kettlebell sliding into your palm. Doing 20 repetitions properly you will feel how effective it is for your grip strength and forearm muscles, all the way from the wrist to the elbow. It's helped me with improving pushup count, rowing endurance, and other endurances with my hobbies (playing drums, woodworking).

Heh. You thought my question was because I didn't know what wrist curls were?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    There's 7 min of planking, 4 runs, and 3 rows. I don't know how long those take but even at 1 min each, it would be another 7 min for a total 14, plus transition time. Add the 20 min warm up & stretching and that leaves about 10 min for everything else including transitions.

WOW! Must move like lightning. ⚡️
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    nosajjao wrote: »

And wrist curls?

I memorized the workout having done it with slight variations for the last few years.

Wrist curls:

Palm flat face up. Arm bent 90 degrees, elbow tucked into side, forearm level with ground. Kettlebell handle resting on fingers, around the 2nd knuckle area. Keeping fingers grouped together, bend at the wrist and lower kettle bell while curling fingers slightly to avoid dropping the kettlebell. Once you reach the lowest position, maintaining a level forearm position, raise the kettle bell bending only at the wrist. Keep the fingers together and lift the kettlebell as high as your wrist allows without the kettlebell sliding into your palm. Doing 20 repetitions properly you will feel how effective it is for your grip strength and forearm muscles, all the way from the wrist to the elbow. It's helped me with improving pushup count, rowing endurance, and other endurances with my hobbies (playing drums, woodworking).

Heh. You thought my question was because I didn't know what wrist curls were?

Brah.

DYEWC?
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

It's part of the workout.

:lol:
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    I lost a lb reading it.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Seems like serious overkill.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Wow. Way too much equipment and running all over to various parts of the gym. You need a treadmill, rowing machine (what if it's not available the second you want it?), sandbag, padded mat, a bench (what if one isn't available here too?), dumbbells, and two sets of kettlebells?

Unless you're in an area where you have all of these items around you in a circle, it makes no sense.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I guess I am gonna ask the very simple question...

What is the point and goal of this program? Seems like overkill on a pretty high level...