My "Bisquick" 45 minute circuit exercise

Options
2»

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Most intense workouts? Hmmm, riding 50 miles on my bike at a 20mph pace. Running a 10k in 45 minutes. Benching 50lbs over my body weight multiple times. Heavy Squats. Did I mention deadlifts? Pulling 350lbs off the ground feels pretty intense. Lifting 150lbs over my head. Oh, and long walks in the park...
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    If you've been doing the same workout for "a few years," even with variations, I would think that it is no longer stretching your physical capacity.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    nosajjao wrote: »
    Hornsby wrote: »
    What is the point and goal of this program? Seems like overkill on a pretty high level...

It's not a program, it's one workout that I use to diversify my weekly exercise routine. The point is that I can capably finish it, the faster I go the harder it is. The slower I go the easier it is. My ultimate goal is to increase practical strength and endurance. What is your most intense workout? I can't be the only one doing something other than light walking for a workout.

When not injured, I focus on a progressive lifting program that utilizes compound lifts so that I can optimize my limited time in the gym.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Um...huh. well...ok
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    Doesn't seem like fun to have to consult the list every 45 seconds to see what the next exercise is.

And wrist curls?

I memorized the workout having done it with slight variations for the last few years.

Wrist curls:

Palm flat face up. Arm bent 90 degrees, elbow tucked into side, forearm level with ground. Kettlebell handle resting on fingers, around the 2nd knuckle area. Keeping fingers grouped together, bend at the wrist and lower kettle bell while curling fingers slightly to avoid dropping the kettlebell. Once you reach the lowest position, maintaining a level forearm position, raise the kettle bell bending only at the wrist. Keep the fingers together and lift the kettlebell as high as your wrist allows without the kettlebell sliding into your palm. Doing 20 repetitions properly you will feel how effective it is for your grip strength and forearm muscles, all the way from the wrist to the elbow. It's helped me with improving pushup count, rowing endurance, and other endurances with my hobbies (playing drums, woodworking).

Heh. You thought my question was because I didn't know what wrist curls were?

Dude, you may need to get into another line of business if you don't know what wrist curls are. I am disappoint.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    ZoeLifts wrote: »
    Doesn't seem like fun to have to consult the list every 45 seconds to see what the next exercise is.

And wrist curls?

I memorized the workout having done it with slight variations for the last few years.

Wrist curls:

Palm flat face up. Arm bent 90 degrees, elbow tucked into side, forearm level with ground. Kettlebell handle resting on fingers, around the 2nd knuckle area. Keeping fingers grouped together, bend at the wrist and lower kettle bell while curling fingers slightly to avoid dropping the kettlebell. Once you reach the lowest position, maintaining a level forearm position, raise the kettle bell bending only at the wrist. Keep the fingers together and lift the kettlebell as high as your wrist allows without the kettlebell sliding into your palm. Doing 20 repetitions properly you will feel how effective it is for your grip strength and forearm muscles, all the way from the wrist to the elbow. It's helped me with improving pushup count, rowing endurance, and other endurances with my hobbies (playing drums, woodworking).

Dude, you may need to get into another line of business if you don't know what wrist curls are. I am disappoint.

Sarcasm detection fail
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    rybo wrote: »

And wrist curls?

Wrist curls:

Sarcasm detection fail

Yes. Yes it was.

But we might not be on the same page as to who was the culprit in this instance
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    55633943.jpg
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    So basically a metabolic conditioning circuit?

No, I don't do this type of workout.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    rybo wrote: »

And wrist curls?

Wrist curls:

Sarcasm detection fail

Yes. Yes it was.

But we might not be on the same page as to who was the culprit in this instance

*nods*
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    How long does it take to set up the equipment?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

And how many towels do you hang to keep it all reserved?
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

And how many towels do you hang to keep it all reserved?

+1