What's your biggest regret? Fitness or otherwise...

Options

Replies

• hamlet1222
    hamlet1222 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Let's not be too hard on ourselves, we're only human, and only by getting things wrong can we learn to get them right. Happiness is a state of mind, not a destination that can only be reached on achieving some goal.
  • Shyness40
    Shyness40 Posts: 3,430 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I sometimes wish in would have never gotten married. Also I wish I would invest in myself more to gain more confidence and learn to love myself.

I feel the same way about getting married.
  • butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    For not listening to my inner voice about my ex. There were red flags. But I'm moving on. Working on my weight loss goals.
  • Mentali
    Mentali Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I regret all the times I wanted to do something or say something or reach out to someone but was too shy and anxious to actually do it. Missed out on a lot of cool things and people because I was too self-conscious.

Of course, that hasn't really changed much so... :D
  • cedgarsmith
    cedgarsmith Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The biggest regret that I have is being treated for clinical depression at 15 when I first became diagnosed. It's been years of self abuse , Suicide attempts, and drug abuse and now at 35 I can say that I am finally coming to terms with how mental illness has affected my last 20 years. Aat 35 I am now taking medication but I'm unfortunately, I lost a great man who loved me despite my flaws...One person can only take so much.... He was the love of my life. I've learned that until I love myself and do right by me I can't compliment and respect the people who love inspire of it all.. The next time I fall in love I hold him a little bit closer and little bit tighter. I'll be full of self love !
  • shaken2010
    shaken2010 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I have a couple. 1 is not following opportunities that came up when I was younger. 2, wasting my life away in a bad situation
  • lindz4ever
    lindz4ever Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Fitness wise, I wish i could have been more in ti fitness and cared more about being healthy, nonfitness wise I wish wasnt as wild as I use to be when I was younger.
  • saraAmcd
    saraAmcd Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Screwing over a friend many years ago. Still sorry. Still irreversible.

Secondly, not finishing college.
  • KayTeeOne
    KayTeeOne Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I don't know if its biggest or not but seriously seems like one . Whenever I eat a desert and it doesn't even turn out to be tasty .
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    My divorce. We could've worked it out, but I was hurt and angry.
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Mine would have been not changing how I eat a long time ago. I miss my gallbladder and not having stomach problems. I miss having energy and feeling healthy.
  • LouLouStBijou
    LouLouStBijou Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Not having made better education choices. I squandered a university education by becoming an administrative "professional" when what I have always wanted to do is to be a counsellor. I should have worked harder and made different choices when I had the chance. Now I am tied up in family and financial obligations and going back to school isn't really an option (oh yeah, and I am old...)
  • GrooveMerchant
    GrooveMerchant Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Wish I wouldn't have taken so much *kitten* from bullies.
    Wish I would have made my fitness a high priority sooner in life.
    Wish I had been able to see the Beastie Boys live.
  • alikuhn
    alikuhn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Getting married young!! I wish I would have spent my 20's figuring out who I was.
  • Countryboy_83
    Countryboy_83 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Letting holidays seriously derail my diet
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I wished I would have worked out when I was pregnant 24 and 21 yrs ago
  • tcarp8
    tcarp8 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Regrets...I've had a few, but then again too few to mention.
  • andymack84
    andymack84 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    No regrets. That being said there are a few things in my past that I look back on and think "wow! What was I thinking?". But everything that has happened to me, good or bad, has led me to where I am today.