At home mom

Options
What are some good easy exercise for the stay at home mom with a 2 yr old and who is not an active person

Replies

• hdrj22078
    hdrj22078 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey! I use sworkit. My kids are 10 &13 and I keep my 3 year old nephew and they all enjoy doing it with me. I try to do 30 mins a day but some days it's hard to do.
  • candicevanwinkle4
    candicevanwinkle4 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What is sworkit
  • carolineb81
    carolineb81 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Im also a stay at home mum with a 2 year old!! I currently do insanity but it is hard. I would recommend starting with something like 30day shred dvd (you can buy on amazon) its a good way back into fitness
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Get into a routine of daily walks with your child? Or bike rides?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »
    Get into a routine of daily walks with your child? Or bike rides?

This. Most 2 year olds love playing at the park, running around, going swimming etc etc
  • shelleysykeskeene
    shelleysykeskeene Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have a treadmill so I put on a movie and walk while he watches the movie (this usually give me at least 30 minutes of walking time). After that we do workout videos for toning together (I call it the fun exercise game) - You can get nice ones on Youtube like 'popsugar 10 mintue leggings workout' , 10 minute abs by fitness blender and 10 minute total arm workout by xhiit.

Going for walks with your little one in a pram is great exercise and they get out of the house as well. At 2 years old your child should still be napping - take advantage of that nap time to get some exercise in and when hubby gets home ask him to watch your little one so you can get in a 30 minute workout whether it is walking or doing an exercise video
  • ssweeney99
    ssweeney99 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have a 3 year old and agree that the 30 day shred has been great. it is a quick but very efficient workout! good luck!
  • mike_bold
    mike_bold Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    you can do a lot with a kettlebell, jump rope and body weight exercises at home
  • joujito556
    joujito556 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    What are some good easy exercise for the stay at home mom with a 2 yr old and who is not an active person

Hi, you can download "7minute workout app". There are several apps like this and most of them are free. This focuses on high -low intensity workout that equals 20 minutes of exercise. It is tough but worth it!!!
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    mike_bold wrote: »
    you can do a lot with a kettlebell, jump rope and body weight exercises at home
    Toddlers make great KB's and they love being swung around.
  • briannamaree
    briannamaree Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I do focus t25. It's from the same Shaun t that does insanity but it's only 25 minutes. I also don't think it's as hard as insanity,however I follow the modifier!
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I have a 17 month old and a 6&7 yr old. My older kids like to "lift weights" with me and when they are in school the toddler and I go for walks everywhere. Right now the toddler is obsessed with stairs and really that works in my favour.