I need a fitness buddy....

Options

Replies

• SammyD
    SammyD Posts: 50
    Options
    Hello to those of you who are new(er than me!) and all the rest of you!!

I was just about to ask how you all find ways to work out if you don't have any exercise equipment at home...it is soooo cold here I really dont' want to drive to my workout class (thank goodness they are free!)...and then I read through the recent posts and just got some great ideas!
    Thanks to Jaelle for the running in place idea and nicolet for the squats while doing dishes! I'm going to try both right now!

I am really struggling finding ways to have fun and still get a good workout...dragging myself to cycling 3 times a week by myself and where I am the youngest there by at least 10 years is no fun:ohwell:
    If you have any more ideas, I'd sure appreciate it. Keep up the good work!!
  • nicolet04
    nicolet04 Posts: 830
    Options
    Hello to those of you who are new(er than me!) and all the rest of you!!

I was just about to ask how you all find ways to work out if you don't have any exercise equipment at home...it is soooo cold here I really dont' want to drive to my workout class (thank goodness they are free!)...and then I read through the recent posts and just got some great ideas!
    Thanks to Jaelle for the running in place idea and nicolet for the squats while doing dishes! I'm going to try both right now!

I am really struggling finding ways to have fun and still get a good workout...dragging myself to cycling 3 times a week by myself and where I am the youngest there by at least 10 years is no fun:ohwell:
    If you have any more ideas, I'd sure appreciate it. Keep up the good work!!

renae77 and i did this workout saturday, so good luck...

start with 20 push ups
    20-60 crunches
    20-90 jumping jacks
    40 lunges
    ~~add 40 jumping jacks between each exercise~~
    run in place for 2 minutes
    30 reverse crunches
    one minute of wall sits while doing bicep curls
    30 jumping jacks with weights~~palms down
    run stairs for 2 minutes holding weights~~if no stairs do butt kickbacks
    20 more push ups
    20 bicycle crunches
    ~~don't forget your jumping jacks between each exercise

you could also add jumping squats (go down in a squat position and jump up then landing back in a squat postion)
  • pinkyjane48
    Options
    Well, I was looking for a fitness buddy of my own but it looks like you have a good group going! Any room for one more?

Im coming back *again* and since I'm still getting over a gnarly cold, I'm starting slow- 25 minutes on the elliptical yesterday, plan to do it again today and Pilates tomorrow.

:) Heres hoping! lol
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I missed you all today but I went back to work and I have 2 more 12 hour days to go. I really don't get a lot of exercise in except for what I do at work. I am on my feet all day and pick up heavy stuff most of the time and lots of twisting, blah blah blah. I have been squating to pick things up now instead of bending over and I can feel that for sure! I hope everyone is doing really good. Catch you all later!
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Hello (again) Fitness Buddies!!
    I tried to post earlier today but my daughter had other plans for me! LOL!! I could only get out the Hello part!! Anywho, I decided to keep the girls home today so no step class for me. However, I remembered that I have a Jillian video - The Cardio Kickbox. It was pretty fun! The time really went fast, it was only 25 minutes though & while it was pretty tough, it left me wanting more. So, after that I did my tread mill program for 40 minutes. And, I also did my 100 push up challenge workout. Busy, Busy, Busy!! :drinker:

Great to see everyone here! Keep up the good work!! :bigsmile:
  • chickadee10
    Options
    Hello everyone! I haven't been able to update in a while. Well, Sunday I hurt my feet on the tredmill by putting blisters on them. I'm probably not going to walk on the tredmill until Friday, to let my feet heal. I've been so busy today.
  • sumiemama
    Options
    Hello everyone. I need a little help here. I have been feeling so tired the last few days. I get my 30 min. workout done but the rest of the day I feel so drained. I've been eating my calories and trying to not go too over or too under. Any suggestions? How do you all get over this feeling? Thanks.
  • nicolet04
    Options
    Hello everyone. I need a little help here. I have been feeling so tired the last few days. I get my 30 min. workout done but the rest of the day I feel so drained. I've been eating my calories and trying to not go too over or too under. Any suggestions? How do you all get over this feeling? Thanks.

when i take a multi vitamin it always helps with my energy also drink lots of water!!!

i just got done doing another hour on my stationary bike!! now im going to bed!!! sleep tight everybody!!!:flowerforyou:
  • momtothreebabies
    momtothreebabies Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem! I totally will work out, then be exhausted the rest of the day!!
    I hope that as I keep up the workouts and continue to try and eat healthier, the energy level
    will come up too!!!!
    WIth Love,
    Jaelle
    ps- nicole, i LOVE the exercise idea! Im going to try and do that workout today! see how it goes!!!!
  • Starrotts
    Starrotts Posts: 164
    Options
    :flowerforyou: im in
  • mandersen16
    Options
    I've been feeling really tired too. I am ALWAYS tired right after working out when most people say they are energized. I have had the hardest time getting up in the morning. But I am from Nebraska and it's -14* out so I think it has something to do with that. My body is trying to hibernate!
  • jennibutler1
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to the group! Do we have a weigh in day or anything lik that?
  • sumiemama
    Options
    Thanks for the vitamin tip. I will try it. Hope this feeling goes away. I wish winter weather was a factor for me. Cal. today will be in the 80's. No excuses.
  • pinkyjane48
    Options
    lol sumie, me too! I watched the news before going to the gym this morning, and I was like, "dang. I really dont have a reason NOT to go!" lol :) keep it up!
  • mandersen16
    Options
    Well, then I am COMPLETELY jealous. I'm sure if I lived in Cali though I would still find a reason to skip working out. I just wish it would be a habit already!

I love working out when I finally get there, it's just the getting myself there.
  • SammyD
    SammyD Posts: 50
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to the group! Do we have a weigh in day or anything lik that?

Nope, no weigh in!! Just check in with what you've done exercise-wise: what worked for you, what didn't, what you feel good about, maybe how you've missed a day or two :tongue:

It's whatever you feel like saying and whatever keeps you motivated. Welcome!

And Nicolet...that workout may just kill me, but I'm in!
  • nicolet04
    Options
    i just got finished with my workout today!!! im still feeling sick so i took it easy today and did a 1 hour 45 mins on my stationary bike(light effort)!!! i hope i get over this soon so i can kick it back up!!!
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I had a long 12 hour day today. And to top it all off, I believe I am getting sick too. Nicole did you give me your cooties?? I know you were trying to get rid of them, but to me?? Awww come on now! That's just wrong! Is this the kind of support you wanted? A friend to take anything you offered including your cooties?? LOL!! Hope everyone had a great day!!! No workout for me, work about killed me.
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Just checkin in!! Today was my rest day. It's so hard for me to take a rest day. I guess I'm afraid tp fall into old habits. Does anyone else feel that way?? I really can't wait to get back into it tomorrow!! I'm glad to see all you who are keeping busy! And I must say, Nicole, you are crazy with that bike!! And being sick too!! You go girl!! :bigsmile:
  • nicolet04
    Options
    Hey everyone! I had a long 12 hour day today. And to top it all off, I believe I am getting sick too. Nicole did you give me your cooties?? I know you were trying to get rid of them, but to me?? Awww come on now! That's just wrong! Is this the kind of support you wanted? A friend to take anything you offered including your cooties?? LOL!! Hope everyone had a great day!!! No workout for me, work about killed me.

:laugh: lol...thats funny, u made me laugh!!!