Does this really happen ??

Options
leighkent
leighkent Posts: 195 Member
I have seen quite a few posts, that after a while, people have started to dislike foods such as KFC, Pizza, Burgers and Chips etcetc.

Is this really going to happen to me??? I could eat pizza 3x per day and although I don't want to stop liking it, pigging out on all the above options, rather than opting for a nice fresh baguette etc would be something I would like to control, but I can never ever see that happening !!!

Is it all about willpower or do you REALLY start getting a dislike for it? I'm nowhere near disliking fat, greasy, fast - food !!! xx

Replies

• titletown
    titletown Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    It happened to me...

Wouldn't say I dislike pizza, but I rarely ever eat it now and certainly don't crave it.
  • jamfan
    jamfan Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    once you get it out of your system for a month & replace w/ veggies or other healthy alternatives when you have something unhealthy you taste the grease 10X more & the artifical crap 10X more. Get off of soda for a mont & drink water & a coke will taste like a super sweet syrup. Weather or not you will dislike it is a different question.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    That happened to me with Mountain Dew. I used to have a 32oz in the morning and a 20oz in the afternoon. My husband had a glass the other day and I took a sip. It was awful!

It could happen =\
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Pizza is the hard one for me, but have managed to avoid so far. No issues with not eating KFC or McD - haven't had anything in years as it is pure trash
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    It think its more of a CRAVING that you lose... and not the "like" of the food.
  • julieannebyrom
    julieannebyrom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    After I stopped eating fried chips and fish for a while I got some from the chip shop and all I could taste was fat - bleurgh. I still like the odd chinese and have a slice of pizza now and then but I can't eat like I used to, I get full up much quicker and I tend to stick to what I know to be healthier choices like veggie thin crusts.
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Mostly fried foods for me. I don't know if it is more of a dislike or that it just ain't worth it.
  • seobstar
    seobstar Posts: 169
    Options
    did NOT happen to me....hahaha, I LOVE pizza, cheesecake, fries, mexican food.....BUT, that being said, I cannot eat it like I used to. Even going out to dinner one night out of the month and "splurging" on something greasy or something that I don't normally eat causes me serious stomach pain and bloating....I usually end up leaving the restaurant saying "ohhhhhh, ick....that was SO not as good as I thought, or that was so not worth it"....I still love those foods and eat them every once in awhile but they don't usually sit well with my stomach!
  • rkonks
    rkonks Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It happened to me as well. Recently on vacation I have eaten chicken wings, pizza and a meal from five guys burgers and fries. After each meal I had felt sick and ended up vomiting. After the first meal I thought I had food poisoning, but after the third meal I realized that my body was not used to the grease and rejected the meals. Don't know if that will happen to anyone else, but it happened to me.
  • wbond
    wbond Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Yup!!! The smell of grease sickens me...I think how did I use to put that in my body.
  • MB1967
    MB1967 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Isn`t pizza one of the main food groups????
  • snowbunnies
    Options
    It will happen! The more sugar you cut out of your diet, the less of it you'll need to satisfy your sweet tooth.

A few days ago I spit out a piece of pie (my FAVORITE dessert) because it was too sweet. As soon as it hit my tongue it was overwhelming and tasted terrible - but everyone around me seemed to be enjoying it.

Keep going! The longer you're at it the easier it gets.
  • trinityj1
    trinityj1 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    It does happen. I still like pizza and chocolate bars right now, but I no longer like pop or coolers and I can't eat super-sweet foods that I used to love. And I never drank pop regularly to begin with (but I liked it, it was a treat).

I don't think you'll stop liking pizza, but you might stop liking fried foods and things like twinkies.
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    pizza is also a hard one for me........everything else (McD's, etc) no problem what-so-ever giving up. It's nasty!
    I have pizza once in a while, but i don't crave it as someone else said.
    also, if i do eat something not so good for you (like Taco Bell) it just tears me up and is not worth it.
    The ground turkey burritos I make at home taste 100 times better than that nasty full fat no good for you crapola!!!! : )
  • Chilliaddict
    Chilliaddict Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Of course i'd love a KFC but i don't crave it anymore like i used to before. And i've stopped craving chocolates and cakes too. I agree it's the cravings you lose rather than the liking ;)
  • kailyamie
    kailyamie Posts: 130
    Options
    Happened for me pretty quickly... though I was never much of a fast/greasy food person - I'm more of a bread and pasta girl! LOL! Now I actually crave yogurt. YOGURT of all things LMAO! It's quite funny. Totally can pass up pasta at this point and not even blink :)
  • YvetteBabich
    Options
    For me it's just the non-pizza fast food that has completely started to taste disgusting. Pizza I could still eat any day, it is delicious.

But stuff like McDonald's and BK...all their food tastes like salt coated garbage to me now, and I used to love that stuff, so yeah I think it really does happen.
  • britachu
    britachu Posts: 157
    Options
    Not to me! I mean, I do tend to make healthier choices when it comes to fast food type stuff when I do it eat, but it's not that I don't like the taste anymore, it's that i realize "this is over half of my daily calorie goal -- is it really worth it?"
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    It happened to me with junk food and chocolate. Chocolate tastes greasy to me now. Coats my mouth and teeth and it doesn' feel good. Junk food--chips and fried things feel the same way. Just leaves a really funky crud in my mouth. Not pleasant. I also have the same issue as rkonks---tummy upset when I eat too much grease--it goes right on through in a hurry. That alone, keeps me from eating much of it.
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    although each person is different, but for me its not that I dont "like" some of those bad foods, its just that I know to avoid most of it like the plague. When I have had it recently, after not having it for a while, it literally has made me ill. My stomach hurt for days afterwards.