Lost 17 pounds in 11 days.

Options
Booyahh. Started a liquid diet last monday and Im down 17 pounds and counting! It consists for 800 calerios in protein shakes and fl oz of water a day. The first few days I'll admit I cried lol. But yesterday I had one shake and water all day and didn't even realize. Grant it Im 100 lbs over what dr says i should weigh but I'm 79 lbs from my personal goal weight. I feel great too. Today I ran from my car back to my house. Sounds stupid but before i would have died lol. And I walked to work today like 2 miles wasn't breathing hard ot anything. It feels amazing. God bless thanks for reading

Replies

• juststr8classe
    juststr8classe Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This is so great!! Can u share what the liquid diet consists of? I'm 100 lbs over what my doctor says I should be too and although I never want to get as small as what they say I should be, I still need to lose like 70lbs so if I could detox or drop at least 15 lbs real quick, I'd be super happy. I'm prepared to cry and be cranky but I know it's for the best!!

And good for you!! Keep it up!!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You're only consuming 800 calories? Unless your doctor is monitoring what you're doing, this is not a good idea.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Yeah you! Now remember, that's a temporary way of living and losing weight, so pretty soon you'll have to raise your calories to your maintenance level, just don't overshoot it.
  • sharielaylay95
    sharielaylay95 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey. Its just 800 cals in protein shakes a day. And 64 fl oz of water a day. I'll admit though i don't intake 800 cals a day. I usually just have 2 shakes (I use coco protein drinks -pinacolada flavor, cause I Cant stand regular protein drinks ughhh. ) they are about 130 cals each and drink water. With that being said I am on a medication that suppresses that appetiate (not its job but it does that too) so u probally will want to do all 800 cals a day cause u might be starving. The meds Im on just make me not feel hungry at all sometimes idk why. But i know u can do it.
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Part of this journey is learning how to maintain for a lifetime. Dropping an large amount of weight in such a short period doesn't give you the opportunity to learn about calorie counting and making good food choices. What happens when you start eating? Even on the biggest loser there's a medical staff (that you never see) monitoring what those folks are doing. It's for a reason
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that anyone suffering from the symptoms of Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia, or Compulsive eating make use of the resources offered by the National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders. You may reach the ANAD hotline by phone in the US: 847-831-3438 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, Central Time) or on the web at http://www.anad.org/site/anadweb/

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

Thanks for your understanding,
    USMCMP
    MyFitnessPal Moderator
This discussion has been closed.