Snacking

Options
What's some favorite snacks from those of you who have successfully lost weight using MFP?

Replies

• rainwater467
    rainwater467 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Humus, cheese,fruit, raw veggies, yogurt,
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Apples and peanut butter
    Hummus and veggies
    Greek yogurt and berries
    Oatmeal
    Granola/fibre 1 bar/protein bar
    Almonds
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    My philosophy is as long as I am logging honestly and staying under my calorie goal, then that works for me, so my snacks/meals aren't always the healthiest... but I need to know that I can have certain foods or I'm not going to be able to sustain my dieting for very long. I have been on MFP for a number of years, but it wasn't until Dec 2014 that I have been able to stick with it and has paid off... 56 lbs lost and counting... :)

All to say, Peanut Butter is my 1 major temptation, so my favorite snack at work is celery sticks or an apple that I eat with some Jif Whips. I don't go overboard, but it eases my cravings (both with hunger and peanut butter).
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    For snacks I really like string cheese, tablespoon of chocolate chips, sugar free popsicles and fudgsicles, toast (with or without jam or cinnamon sugar), a fried egg (not a fan of boiled eggs), oranges/mandarin oranges, apples with PB, small smoothies, fruits...
    really anything that will fit into my calorie goal. I had a chocolate frosted donut yesterday as a snack just because I wanted it and it fit in my calories.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    When I need something to hold me over, some things I like to go with are baby carrots, Greek yogurt, sugar snap peas, wheat thins (Mmm sundries tomato & basil), dark chocolate covered cherries, almonds...
  • ___jnolsson
    ___jnolsson Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • noon1200
    noon1200 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I don't usually eat between meals, but when I do I like ice cream, candy bars, or herbal tea w/ sugar.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    almonds. some great flavors with the same calories as regs, perhaps more sodium or something, but i don't watch that really. the salt and vinegar pretty much taste like the chips. Honey Dijon are good too. :)
  • gainwait
    gainwait Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Boiled eggs. Cabanossi and cheese. Macadamia nuts. Beef jerky. Pork rinds. Dark chocolate. Bacon.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I don't always snack, but when I do, I eat peanut butter mixed with honey or date syrup, or raisins or dates.

No really, I try to stick to meals and instead incorporate typical "snack foods" into my meals - banana smoothies, yoghurt, nuts, fruit, hot cocoa, pancakes, wraps, dessert cheese. ETA beef jerky and bacon :p Unplanned treats are as mentioned above.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Some fruit and fat/protein. So typically Greek yogurt/cheese/nuts/cottage cheese with whatever fruit I have on hand. It's usually around 200 calories.
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Bread and hummus. String cheese. Chocolate. Almonds.
  • bezza666
    bezza666 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Flavoured chicken breast and water and black coffee x
  • nuttynanners
    nuttynanners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Yogurt cups, nut butter packets, string cheese, single portions of crackers, berries, jerky stick, pepperoni, energy bar, protein bar :)
  • ashleyjongepier
    ashleyjongepier Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    string cheese, triskets, greek yogurt, banana and PB, baby carrots and humus, chicken breast cubes, mozza + grape tomatoes, chocolate, pop corn
  • forruths
    forruths Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Fruit, nuts, hummus and veggies, crispy kale, Greek yogurt.....and the occasional malteaser bunny!!
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Fruit, Greek yogurt, almonds, cheese, avocado, hummus and veggies, guacamole and veggies, cottage cheese and pineapple, two eggs w/ salsa, dark chocolate, etc.... There's so many.