Easter Candy

Options
melmelw03
melmelw03 Posts: 5,332 Member
edited March 2016 in Chit-Chat
Why do Reese's eggs taste so much better than regular Reese's peanut butter cups?
Do you have a favorite candy that's only available around holidays or special times of the year?
d6guex2oaxca.jpg

Replies

• tybrummilehigh2016
    tybrummilehigh2016 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    German candy at Christmas time!
  • tybrummilehigh2016
    tybrummilehigh2016 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Gummy Bears
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    starburst jelly beans

took down a bag in 3 days (70% of it on the second day), felt super guilty and now I'm not letting myself buy any more candy this spring.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    Eggies. I love those and will eat them until I'm sick
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    Options
    I like jelly beans

• PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options
    I want a bathtub full of...635929647845345930-1814464208_candy4.jpg
    <3
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    I like Reese's Peanutbutter cups and gummy bears...and that's basically it for me. Not much of a candy guy and I think Easter candy has to be the worse...all that marshmallow...I don't know how people do it...just thinking about marshmallow makes me want to heave.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I want a bathtub full of...635929647845345930-1814464208_candy4.jpg
    <3

THIS^ is my favorite Easter candy.
  • melmelw03
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I like Reese's Peanutbutter cups and gummy bears...and that's basically it for me. Not much of a candy guy and I think Easter candy has to be the worse...all that marshmallow...I don't know how people do it...just thinking about marshmallow makes me want to heave.

My kid made me try a bubble gum flavored Peep.....I literally gagged on that shiz and immediately had to brush my teeth because I could feel the decay setting in.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    All the kids are grown up and out of the house. No more Easter Egg Hunts. No more Easter Candy. There is, however, an Easter Brunch.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Tootsie pops, all day, errrday.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    melmelw03 wrote: »
    Why do Reese's eggs taste so much better than regular Reese's peanut butter cups?
    Do you have a favorite candy that's only available around holidays or special times of the year?

SO much truth. They are like 4,000 times better and my most favorite edible treat on the planet. Why CAN WE NOT have the eggs all year round. Epic fail Reeses... If you don't want to have the egg all year long, just keep making them and call them the Reese's peanut butter ovals. Problem solved.

• Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Reese's [insert any name here] are amazing.
  • melmelw03
    Options
    yeah the cadbury eggs are my favorite. actually the caramel ones i think are best.

plus i like that they've literally been using the same commercial for years now.

I just googled that. Since 1982. Crazy.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options
    Oooooooh kay, I forgot about these. I think the peanut butter ones are the only thing that comes close to rivaling the Reese's version.
    candy1.jpg

What's even better/worse? I can go to the gift shop and get these on "payroll deduction" right now...up to $500 worth...lol.
  • kerryecave
    kerryecave Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My husband loves the black jelly beans (licorice flavored). They only sale them during Easter. So, he buys like 10-15 bags and saves them for the year! Lol
    5rtqz17lbstn.jpg

Of course, they don't last the year
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    kerryecave wrote: »
    My husband loves the black jelly beans (licorice flavored). They only sale them during Easter. So, he buys like 10-15 bags and saves them for the year! Lol
    5rtqz17lbstn.jpg

Of course, they don't last the year

omg i need 100