365 days of logging

Meganthedogmom
Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
Before I came to MFP I had been losing weight for a while. I was down about 50lb, but I seemed to have hit a wall. I just couldn't understand why I was eating the same as I was when is was losing weight, AND exercising, but weight loss had come to a halt. I realized I needed to actually start tracking my food intake better, instead of just eyeballing it, or assuming I'm eating the right amount.
So, I searched for an app on my phone where I could log my food intake, and I found MFP! "Plateau" no more. I am not at my end goal weight yet, but it is a success for me just to be able to say I have logged my food intake consistently over the last year. Here are a few things I have accomplished in that year.

-Lost 32.4 pounds
-Lost 24 inches from my thighs, hips, waist, bust and upper arms
-As of Sunday I ran 4.5 miles straight, and a year ago I didn't run at all.
-Went from a size 14 to a size 10

I haven't reached my end goal, but I'm definitely closer. I am so grateful to have found this app, and then to find these forums where I have learned so much from so many of you. Thank you! I can't wait to see what I accomplish in the next 365 days :)

Replies

• Meganthedogmom
    2g44pyirugpw.jpeg
  • jessica182517
    jessica182517 Posts: 390 Member
    You look great!!!
  • Dana_E
    Dana_E Posts: 158 Member
    Excellent progress! You're doing great!
  • Meganthedogmom
    Thank you! I wish I would have taken before pictures at my heaviest. I only have a few and most of them are not full body because I wouldn't let people take pictures of me when I was that big. :(
  • dedycus
    dedycus Posts: 7 Member
    Awesome job! Keep it up!
  • Nckr66
    Nckr66 Posts: 31 Member
    You look great!!! Nice work
  • Meganthedogmom
    Thank you! ❤️
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Excellent job, you look great!
  • adion5
    adion5 Posts: 2 Member
    Awesome!!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!
  • Rdsgoal16
    Rdsgoal16 Posts: 302 Member
    Wow, hard work shows!
  • ooBombshellBeautyoo
    ooBombshellBeautyoo Posts: 237 Member
    Congrats!! I am about to hit my 2 year mark and I feel the same way you do... can't wait to see what year 3 brings!
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Amazing job keep it up
  • Meganthedogmom
    Congrats!! I am about to hit my 2 year mark and I feel the same way you do... can't wait to see what year 3 brings!

Awesome!

I think I'll do progress reports for myself every 100 days or so. It's nice to see the changes that you miss day to day, or week to week.
  • ooBombshellBeautyoo
    ooBombshellBeautyoo Posts: 237 Member

Awesome!

I think I'll do progress reports for myself every 100 days or so. It's nice to see the changes that you miss day to day, or week to week.

Exactly! You get to a point where you are like, well that is a new line that wasn't there last month :) It's fun and motivating to keep going.
  • charlenelynch
    charlenelynch Posts: 22 Member
    What a beautiful story! You're amazing and you look hot, keep up your new found passion ;)
  • Meganthedogmom
    What a beautiful story! You're amazing and you look hot, keep up your new found passion ;)

Thank you so much :D
  • mikebooker1
    mikebooker1 Posts: 148 Member
    Great job on staying persistent! I'm sure by now this lifestyle is ingrained into you.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Yay, Megan! Great stuff!

I've lost a lot of weight and have my 365 day anniversary coming up soon, plus I started running 6 months ago, so we have lots in common.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Thank you @mikebooker1 it is, but if course I still have my bad days. I just know now to get back up and keep going!

@Orphia that is awesome! September is when I started running but only started taking it seriously a couple months ago! I'll look out for your 1 year anniversary! :)
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Before I came to MFP I had been losing weight for a while. I was down about 50lb, but I seemed to have hit a wall. I just couldn't understand why I was eating the same as I was when is was losing weight, AND exercising, but weight loss had come to a halt. I realized I needed to actually start tracking my food intake better, instead of just eyeballing it, or assuming I'm eating the right amount.
    So, I searched for an app on my phone where I could log my food intake, and I found MFP! "Plateau" no more. I am not at my end goal weight yet, but it is a success for me just to be able to say I have logged my food intake consistently over the last year. Here are a few things I have accomplished in that year.

-Lost 32.4 pounds
    -Lost 24 inches from my thighs, hips, waist, bust and upper arms
    -As of Sunday I ran 4.5 miles straight, and a year ago I didn't run at all.
    -Went from a size 14 to a size 10

I haven't reached my end goal, but I'm definitely closer. I am so grateful to have found this app, and then to find these forums where I have learned so much from so many of you. Thank you! I can't wait to see what I accomplish in the next 365 days :)

Mega Man is awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!