Bowel Movement, yes.. pooping!

Options

Replies

• ch178
    ch178 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I had that problem too, I started making these bran muffins and holy do they work. They taste good too , I love them.

1 1/2 cups wheat bran ( i also add 1/4 cup ground flax seed )
    1 cup buttermilk ( I make my own with 1 cup 1% milk and 1 tsp vinegar)
    1/3 cup vegetable oil
    1 egg
    2/3 cup brown sugar
    1/2 tsp vanilla
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350 F. grease muffin tins or line with papers

Mix wheat bran and buttermilk and let stand for 10 min

Beat together oil, egg , sugar and vanilla. Add to buttermilk mixture

Sift together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda

Stir into wet mixture till just blended.

Bake 15 - 20 mins until toothpick comes out clean

They work so great, my husband said he was going a few times a day. They each have 137 cals 23 carbs 3 g fat 3g protein 137 sodium
  • slimothy89
    slimothy89 Posts: 61
    Options
    I've never heard about the flax seed or oil, castor oil, but I am going to try it. I have been taking metamucil its' not all what they try to make it! I'm having trouble as well, so I am going to do a salt water flush tonight.
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Just eat a tablespoon of coarse grind black pepper. Trust me on this.

I think this would make me THROW UP! ish!

It won't. The explosion will be out the other end. No worries.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I used to get really constipated, but since I started eating a lot more whole fruits, veggies, and whole grains, I go twice a day like clockwork. It's so much nicer.

Fiber pills never worked for me.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    what goes in must come out...at least 2 BM's a day is healthy if you eat 5 times a day...I recommend having a beer, it helps
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    WARNING: TMI - No matter what your issue....constipation or diarrhea....GROUND psyllium fibre does the trick. Gels and makes everything soft yet formed. I have IBS and I swear by it. I won't lie though. It's nasty stuff. I mix a heaping tablespoon into some whey protein powder, add COLD water and mix quickly and drink quickly. If you wait too long, it gels into a glop. I gag it back every morning to the tune of 140 calories. When you have IBS or other BM 'issues' it's totally worth it.

I've suffered with chronic diarrhea for years and after having my gallbladder removed in Dec. it's worse than ever and nothing helps, even while on a low fat diet. I may have to give ground psyllium fiber a try. Thanks!
  • carolynmittens
    Options
    how in the world do you even get a tablespoon of pepper down??? do you just swallow it in water?
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    how in the world do you even get a tablespoon of pepper down??? do you just swallow it in water?

Put it on your food or whatever lol.
  • danialicious17
    Options
    Try the flax oil or castor oil--flax being better for you of course -- I have IBS so I am either constipated to the max or have diarrhea. Another option is to take Docusate (its a stool softener) It doesnt aggrevate like fiber or exlax or laxatives etc --even psyllium and casca sagardia irritate my bowels so I find the stool softener to be the best and non addicting for your bowel.
    As well you might want to try lemon water that really gets things moving.
    good luck
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Not everyone needs a BM everyday. After having my gall bladder removed I used to have 3-5 per day. Over the last 2 months since I started eating healthy and exercising I am 1 a day and sometimes every other day. Put it this way. If your body is using what you consume and what you consume is all natural without all the fillers and processed junk your body just doesn't make as much waste. Your body has a limit to how much it will hold and then it must evacuate, BM. Until it creates enough to reach that limit, no BM.

As long as you feel good and the BM that you do have is fairly normal your ok.

Completely not true. EVERYONE needs at least 1 bm a day. Doctors will tell you its more optimum to have 2-3 a day.
    Think of it this way, whatever goes in MUST come out. If it isn't,then its sitting in your intestines and/or colon and rotting there. This can bring on health problems so you need to get it out.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    ohh and a friend of mine swears by sunflower seeds WITH the shell (I don't think you're supposed to eat the shell... but apparently that works for her)

A friend of mine used to do this, and ended up tearing up the inside of his colon because the shells are not easily digestable....
  • cwojo
    cwojo Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I am not normal as what I see from all these posts but I don't see an issue as long as you are feeling good and are not constipated. I am a 3 times a week person but I eat string cheese for protein and that can be the problem. I feel great and my doctor told me not to worry about it.
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I go once a day, usually first thing in the morning. While I was off the wagon I was maybe going every other day... if even!
  • laurad1406
    laurad1406 Posts: 341
    Options
    Wow I was thinking I was "normal" (if there is such a thing haha) going a couple of times a day....but it seems like most people are once a day or every other!!
  • HoLLyZ82
    HoLLyZ82 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    well, crap! (no pun intended;) i want to poop. im either having chocolate chip spray paint or nothing at all. boooooooooo. ive gone 9 days before with nothing...besides a huge uncomfortable gut.
  • christinathompson1
    christinathompson1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    flaxseed, fish oil, and KELP pills! helps a lot! :)
  • twistyBee
    twistyBee Posts: 63
    Options
    You all are making me envious! I am lucky to go once a week!!! I have been like this for years and my doctor has had me try all kinds of things from adding more fiber rich foods to Miralax, Milk of Magnesia, Flax Seed...you name it I've tried it. I am currently eating an activia a day and drink as much water as I can stomach as well as fruits and veggies but still no luck. I guess I am just meant to go rarely...and yes it does get uncomfortable, I can always tell when its been a while as my belly is hard as a rock!
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Fruits help me out a lot!! also veggies, green and red peppers mostly. Its almost like clock work, if i dont eat my fruit i dont have normal occuring BM's
  • jpeterburs88
    jpeterburs88 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    ACTIVIAAAAAAAAAAA! lol, i have a super sensitive stomach so if i eat one of those in the AM, its "working" by noon. :embarassed:
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I usually go shortly after I drink coffee.... Drink coffee?