Easter Dinner

Options
fishshark
fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
What is everyone having tomorrow? We are having Pot roast, mashed potatoes, gravy, roasted brussels and green beans, mac and cheese, rolls, and pumpkin pie. We are starting the morning/afternoon with a 14 mile hike to a water fall so luckily we will be eating at about maintenance if not a bit under.

Replies

• Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,136 Member
    Options
    I asked my husband to grill a tri-tip; it is a large piece so I will have left overs for the week (yeah!). But I don't know about the side dish yet. I am going to market in the morning and I will get a bunch of fresh veggies for tomorrow and for the rest of the week. It is only the two of us so nothing big, just a regular day.
  • fishshark
    Options
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    I asked my husband to grill a tri-tip; it is a large piece so I will have left overs for the week (yeah!). But I don't know about the side dish yet. I am going to market in the morning and I will get a bunch of fresh veggies for tomorrow and for the rest of the week. It is only the two of us so nothing big, just a regular day.

it is usually just the two of us, but SURPRISE 13 family members came in for the weekend.
  • Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Southwest chicken pasta, not really an Easter dinner. One cadbury creme egg for me!
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,136 Member
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »

it is usually just the two of us, but SURPRISE 13 family members came in for the weekend.

I doubt it, I don't have that many family members, at least not above ground... My kids and their families don't live near by and I am not traveling these time.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Turkey, tofurkey, mashed potatoes, mushrooms, carrots ...wine
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Ham, mac & cheese, deviled eggs, salad, strawberry rolls
  • fishshark
    Options

I doubt it, I don't have that many family members, at least not above ground... My kids and their families don't live near by and I am not traveling these time.

oh i was saying we had 13 family members unexpectedly show up this weekend haha.
  • fishshark
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    Ham, mac & cheese, deviled eggs, salad, strawberry rolls

strawberry rolls? sounds so good!
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    These dinners sound delicious. We are having pork chops, asparagus, and leftover rice. It's going to be more Sunday than Easter at my house.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Ham, scalloped potatoes, broccoli, biscuits, and whatever dessert I decide on when I get off from work
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Lamb, garlic & rosemary roast potatoes, loads of veg. CHOCOLATE.
  • rsleighty
    rsleighty Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Mother in law is cooking so I have no control of the menu. Ham, candied sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, homemade ham gravy, corn, tapioca pudding and birthday cake for my son's 16th birthday! I will eat a small bit of everything (I live for her ham gravy!), log as accurately as I can manage and drink lots of water to help combat the sodium. Happy Easter!!!
  • Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    rack of lamb, homemade noodles, asparagus and lemon cake
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Ham for all except me (Chicken Breast as I don't like ham). Also having; baked potatoes, Broccoli & Cauliflower, creamed spinach, dinner rolls, homemade fruit salad, and Cake (Bunny shaped). :)
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    mjwarbeck wrote: »
    Turkey, tofurkey, mashed potatoes, mushrooms, carrots ...wine

I haven't tried the tofurkey loaf yet but I hear it's delicious. I'll have to get my hands on it one of these days.

My family is having ham with tons of veg. Sweet potato, turnip, potatoes, broccoli, cabbage, corn, something else I think I'm forgetting too,

And vegan carrot cake cookies for dessert.
  • fishshark
    Options
    all the food sounds deeeelish! happy easter everyone.. starting the day off with mimosas and eggs Benedict
  • indigrrl
    indigrrl Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    OMG I love all of you. I was just trying to decide how to log my church Easter potluck lunch, and on a whim typed "potluck" into the database search. If you've never done that, you need to. It's a great reminder not to take ourselves too seriously.
  • Ellemarie72
    Ellemarie72 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    all the food sounds deeeelish! happy easter everyone.. starting the day off with mimosas and eggs Benedict

Ah jealous! My favorites! I love having this for Mother's Day and my Bday! Enjoy! Happy Easter!

We had spiral ham, asparagus with hollandaise, cauliflower/garlic mash. Kids got to eat mashed potatoes. And I didn't do any bread! We're also going to make some different variations of deviled eggs later.

• fishshark
    Options

Ah jealous! My favorites! I love having this for Mother's Day and my Bday! Enjoy! Happy Easter!

We had spiral ham, asparagus with hollandaise, cauliflower/garlic mash. Kids got to eat mashed potatoes. And I didn't do any bread! We're also going to make some different variations of deviled eggs later.

yumm sounds good.. i love anything with hollandaise.. i love just plain ol hollandaise haha! i love deviled eggs too.. always the best part of easter food! happy easter!
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    We had cod, potatoes, and vegetables.