Tell me if I am corresct

Options
I exercised for 45 minutes on the elliptical . I logged this in to MFP with my start time . I was wearing my Fitbit during the exercise. Am I correct in assuming that the Fitbit will adjust and not give me exercise calories during this time?

Replies

• positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Correct. MFP/Fitbit does not double log calories when the calories are logged manually. I'm not sure why you would do this, though. My Fitbit would not log calories in correctly when I was on the elliptical, either, so I wore it around my ankle or threaded through the laces of my shoe. This worked better than wearing it around my wrist when I worked out.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    clark614 wrote: »
    I exercised for 45 minutes on the elliptical . I logged this in to MFP with my start time . I was wearing my Fitbit during the exercise. Am I correct in assuming that the Fitbit will adjust and not give me exercise calories during this time?

Yes, as long as you enter the correct start time and your MFP and Fitbit accounts are set to the same time zone, it should sync properly.

I used to log it separately in MFP, but now I just let the Fitbit sync and track it there. Sometimes there are syncing issues between MFP and Fitbit, usually when one of the companies does a software upgrade, or there is high demand on the servers. In those cases, it is best to wait out the backlog and any issues usually get resolved.
  • clark614
    clark614 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Correct. MFP/Fitbit does not double log calories when the calories are logged manually. I'm not sure why you would do this, though. My Fitbit would not log calories in correctly when I was on the elliptical, either, so I wore it around my ankle or threaded through the laces of my shoe. This worked better than wearing it around my wrist when I worked out.

So i am not sure why either? are you saying that it is not necessary? that my fitbit will pick up the calories on its own?
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I log food on MFP, and workouts on Fitbit and they will sync with each other and everything works out.
  • jennyleeaudus
    jennyleeaudus Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That doesn't happen for me. FB does a calorie adjustment. I ran 3 miles today and it gave me 12 calories for adjustment. I don't understand.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    That doesn't happen for me. FB does a calorie adjustment. I ran 3 miles today and it gave me 12 calories for adjustment. I don't understand.

It could depend on what you have your activity level set as. Mine is set at sedentary b/c I work a desk job.