Diamond Dolls Week 1- Closed Group

Options

Replies

• skylar1907
    skylar1907 Posts: 156
    Options
    i'm a saver - have a HARD and fast rule of setting aside 10% of my paycheck into an account I don't touch. its for a house... or retirement... or those BIG things.

When I do spend 'fun money' I either spend it on something long-lasting like a piece of tack for my horse that I've been thinking about for ages or... I spend it on memories. And by that I mean vacations, time with friends, etc. But all that stuff gets saved for... before I 'splurge'.
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Question of the Day: 6/22

Payday! When there's money in the bank, are you a better saver or spender? What's your splurge of choice?

UGH - I'm totally a spender. All good things, I am actually judicious about what I spend on, but I've got an ever growing list of "needs". Or - I spend it on family/friends. I love giving surprises!
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options

Payday! When there's money in the bank, are you a better saver or spender? What's your splurge of choice?

Money in the bank?? As in, with nowhere to go??? lol
    I'm a spender :( I'm good at saving if I HAVE to be, but I never want to be. Luckily though, if I spend on myself, I buy something fitness related. A new DVD, workout clothes, etc
  • Fergieberg
    Fergieberg Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm neither a saver nor a spender, its bills and then just a little left over to do daily activities. I don't even know what a spurge item would be since I don't have a tendency to splurge.
  • partonsara
    partonsara Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I use to be a spender but now we're moving back across the country to MD so we are saving. Once we are back on the east coast we will definitely be savers for a new house and hopefully another baby :) If I can talk my husband in to it!
  • mona24523
    mona24523 Posts: 100
    Options
    I hate to say it im a spender. I dont spend much if any on myself it all goes on my kuds. I really do try to save some but seems like evertyime i do something always comes up and I have to spebd it. Im wirking on putting a little from each check in the bank.
  • lustris
    lustris Posts: 152
    Options
    I wish I had the willpower to save, but unless we have something big coming up I splurge. I start every morning with a visit to Hautelook and Beyond The Rack (if you don't know what these are I suggest you check them out). I will buy things just because they are on sale. I'm not a hoarder by any means but I just like....things.....and I LOVE nice things.
  • JJtexasgirl
    JJtexasgirl Posts: 106 Member
    Options

I'm a way better spender, but I try to be a saver. The only way I can save for my son's college is to have his account in a different bank. And the only way to take money out of that account is to actually go to the bank.

Lately, my splurge of choice is travel. :)
  • julieannebyrom
    julieannebyrom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    When is weigh in day again? Is it Fri or Sunday?

J

It's any day you choose as long as it's BEFORE 12pm PST on Sunday.

Ok I'll weigh in on Saturday morning to make sure as I'm in the UK
  • mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm definately a spender. I spend on anything. Stuff for the kids, stuff for me, food... anything! I think I might Have a problem!:blushing:
  • chasekilgannon
    Options
    Question of the Day 6/23:
    Have you set a reward for a mini-weight loss goal? What is it?
  • BethanieK
    BethanieK Posts: 201
    Options

I like to splurge!! But since the things I want usually are relatively big purchases, vacations, etc...I have to save for a bit, before I can get the splurge satisfaction!!
  • BethanieK
    BethanieK Posts: 201
    Options

My mini goal is my halfway point actually....and for that I want to get a mini makeover. Especially since I am hoping to hit my halfway point right before I take a quick trip to California to visit my friends.
  • mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    Options

My next mini goal is 222 which will be half way to my goal. I really haven't decided yet. I really wanted a new cell phone but I want to wait until the new iphone comes out. Not the 4g but the next and God only knows when that will be.
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options

Nope... for me, I'd probably buy/do whatever it is anyways :wink: - so my reward is the weight loss itself!
  • Karmiene
    Karmiene Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Nope... for me, I'd probably buy/do whatever it is anyways :wink: - so my reward is the weight loss itself!

Same here. I'm already pretty generous with myself. However, there are things I either avoid or simply can’t do being so overweight so my reward will be the freedom my mind and body receives from being healthy again.
  • Tacita123
    Tacita123 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Think I missed a question yesterday! Sorry :( bad week in the lab, had lots of extremely late nights, no excuse really but sorrry!

My rewards are a new pair of jeans when the ones I am wearing get too loose!

:o)
  • defygravity531
    defygravity531 Posts: 289 Member
    Options

Mine is completely un-weightloss related, but the only mini-goal I could think of was getting a plant for my new apartment. :) I moved in a month ago and have wanted a plant the whole time but it just hasn't been practical to buy one. So, when I hit my first 5 pounds (in the next week or two, hopefully!) I will buy myself a plant. :) Maybe some lucky bamboo or something.

Most other things - mani/pedi, date night, shopping - I do those things or get them as gifts anyway, so they're not appropriate "rewards" for me.

--Samantha
  • skylar1907
    skylar1907 Posts: 156
    Options
    So... I didn't give myself a reward for the first 30lbs I lost. But I told myself if my formal dresses didn't fit... and my suits didn't fit... etc, etc, you get the point right? I would get a new formal dress for my fraternity conference in August. My brothers only see my in black-tie formal once every two years - you gotta make that moment count! So that's what I'm getting in early August for my weight loss so far.

In addition, because I think these two things are going to coincide... when I hit ONEderland I want to get a new saddle pad and boots for Cody (sport boots for those horse lovers out there). Every day I see that new saddle pad on her or put her new boots on, I'll be reminded of how far I've come - I'll be 45lbs down when I hit ONEderland. I think that deserves a treat! =)

And because I'm a poor grad student, I am forever thankful that I have an AMAZING grandmother who said she would go dress shopping with me so I'll actually have something to wear to the conference banquet that won't fall off! LOL
  • laceylovespink
    Options

not really because I treat myself too much anyway...the better I feel the more clothes and makeup and jewelry I want....my big reward will be implants and a cruise :)