Greek Yogurt

Options
2»

Replies

• brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Fage and Chobani are my faves. I've been leaning toward Fage's 2% versions lately. I have a harder time finding their 0% ones.
  • marklee99
    marklee99 Posts: 7
    Options
    Real Greek yoghurt is a strained yoghurt, made from cow's milk and yoghurt culture. The difference is the way it's made – it's strained through a cloth/filter to remove the whey giving a much thicker consistency. It's rich, thick, slighty tangy, velvety in texture and exceptionally delicious.

Greek yoghurt is usually found in its plain state, not sweetened or flavored. However, flavored varieties are more common these days.
  • RosieGB33nz
    RosieGB33nz Posts: 142
    Options
    I have looked in the super market for this stuff and im confused once again..... It says greek style yoghurt, is this the same??
  • Catzwitch
    Catzwitch Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I am in love with the Chobani 0% fat. Sometimes I add half a Splenda packet to it, but most of the time I just love it plain (but then again I'm a natural sour puss, lol)
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Next time I'm at the store I'll pick up a single one to try it out. I was eyeing one that had honey in it the other day. Can't do plain yogurt unfortunately.
  • nisharae
    nisharae Posts: 204
    Options
    loooove greek yogurt... so much better for you than the yoplait stuff... atleast in my mind b/c most of it is all natural and doesnt have all the chemicals yoplait does, anyway I loooove the athenos strained with honey, or i was thinking buying the plain and addding some low sugar fruit preserves? But also the oikos carmel/ chocolate on the bottom is good, but is a much thinner texture than the other greek yogurts.... ;)
  • jody0912
    jody0912 Posts: 33
    Options
    I hated plain greek yogurt when I first tried it (so bitter!) but didn't want the added sugar in the fruit/honey ones.

Sooo best solution ever = 0% plain Fage with one packet of splenda.

no fat, only 7g of sugar (the 0% honey has 29g!) and 18g protein. can't beat it. I like to add trader joes ground flaxseed w/ blueberries.
  • KBrenOH
    Options
    Wow, 29g of sugar?! Ugh.. I hate plain yogurt though =(

I've seen a few of you say you add splenda, but I keep being told that's not really good for you either.

Decisions Decisions lol.
  • KBrenOH
    Options
    So I finally was able to try Greek Yogurt. Krogers had a buy 2 get one free so I got the Athenos blueberry for my first, strawberry for my second and honey for my third.
    I just ate the blueberry and as a poster above said, it was bitter and definitely not something I could eat plain. I liked that the blueberry was in a seperate compartment but in the end it didn't matter because I ended up all out mixing them together and adding half a packet of Splenda (I generally have been trying to avoid artificial sweeteners due to all the bad press they get).

I'm hoping the strawberry one will be better.