Replies

• Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    try weed.. Its legal in some states
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    But that makes you even hungrier...........
  • chewyxrage
    chewyxrage Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I 2nd the hard liquor suggestion. Most hard alcohol is right around 60 cals/ounce. A typical shot is 1.5 ounces so you are looking at around 90-100 cals/drink if you mix it with diet soda or Mio/Crystal Light & water. Pretty easy to fit in a least a couple drinks with that method.

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I drink every weekend, I just work it off, and try to burn 1000 calories a day, easy.
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Options

try weed.. Its legal in some states

Not legal in the uk and Ireland.

• mobogogo
    mobogogo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    chewyxrage wrote: »
    I 2nd the hard liquor suggestion. Most hard alcohol is right around 60 cals/ounce. A typical shot is 1.5 ounces so you are looking at around 90-100 cals/drink if you mix it with diet soda or Mio/Crystal Light & water. Pretty easy to fit in a least a couple drinks with that method.

Yah, i think i'll try that! But wouldn't the water make it taste awful, but who cares i guess, im not drinking alcohol for the taste in college
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Substitute crystal light with sugar free koolaid. Orrrrr you can just drink it straight up.
  • chewyxrage
    chewyxrage Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    mobogogo wrote: »
    chewyxrage wrote: »

Yah, i think i'll try that! But wouldn't the water make it taste awful, but who cares i guess, im not drinking alcohol for the taste in college

No, the water doesn't really make it taste awful. That's what the Crystal Light or Mio is for. These have very few calories and you can pick whichever flavor you prefer. Lemonade flavor Crystal Light w/ Vodka is delicious, for example.
  • esnider211
    esnider211 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have a steeper calorie deficit Sunday-Thursday to account for partying on the weekend. Still losing consistently even though Fridays may include numerous adult beverages.
  • WilsonFilson
    WilsonFilson Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! Alcohol stops lipolysis. So anyone trying to cut fat is just kicking themselves by drinking. And if you follow it up with fatty food, you are putting yourself into the best possible position to gain fat.

That said, I feel the same. I'm much less social when I'm cutting. Not only because of the alcohol but because social situations generally include food.

However, I have my goals, and they're important to me.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Well look at this way, you might be boring now, but you won't be hungover on the shame walk home after the night's before bender.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    There's 2 kinds of college students. The one kind has a lot of fun and drops out with debt. The other kind gets a lot of education and graduates with several job offer. Everyone else studies Anthropology.

weird i partied my *kitten* off in college, traveled, had the best time ever and maintained a 3.7 gpa. Almost done with my masters and will continue to my phd. No there are not two kinds of students. you can live an awesome life and be resonsible.
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Try not to drink often...Limit it to once a week or every couple weeks if you can.
    Don't get so drunk that you make poor eating decisions.
    I agree with everyone who said mix hard alcohol and soda or with a bit of mio. My fave drink when trying to watch my calories is flavoured vodka and soda.
    If you're going to go party and you know you'll be drinking a lot, keep a decent deficit during the week so you don't blow it out of the water with drinking.
    Enjoy your time at college!