What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    For the first time ever my driver's license has my accurate weight on it. Bam!!!!
  • hotasfire36
    hotasfire36 Posts: 235 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Oh my gosh I wore a pretty size 12 Easter dress to church. I have not worn that size in years. Everybody told me how pretty i looked. A lady ask me how im losing weight. I said simply counting calories and working out 4 times a week.
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I try on clothes from my closet every week to try and monitor my progress. I tried on my favorite pair of skinny jeans, and the difference from last week to this week was staggering! My skinny jeans are officially no longer skinny jeans, more like boyfriend cut.,,can pull them up & down without unbuttoning.

They're size 16; I'm trying to hold out and not purchase new jeans until I'm at least able to get in a 12 in the same brand/fit...so had to put on a belt that I bought awhile back and could never use because it wouldn't fasten. Tried on the belt yesterday and it fit!

I think it's time to go try on jeans at the mall, and see where I am.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    I went rummaging in the closet for new "goal jeans", since I can now fit into the two pairs I set aside for that purpose. I did find a couple more pairs to aim for, but I also discovered four more pairs that I can wear now and had forgotten about! No need to go and spend money yet! :smile:

Also, I'm sure some of the ladies can relate to how expensive plus-sized bras can be. I needed more and was reluctant to go and buy some, but I found a few buried in my closet that will keep me going. My wallet is happy!
  • TheLittleFangs
    TheLittleFangs Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Water intake. I hate it, hate it but this last two weeks I've been chugging back my 2litres! Does that count as an NSV?
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    swim777 wrote: »
    Went shopping for spring clothes because even the "thin clothes" I'd held on to are too big. Especially pants! I bought size 4's in a regular size. Last spring I had finally gotten into 16's.

This is so inspiring

I don't think I'll ever be in 4's, I think 6 is the lowest I'll ever go with being 5'9" and with my goal weight, but the idea in itself of that transformation is amazing. And who knows, maybe I'm wrong. Can I ask how tall you are?

5'3
    I think sizes have really changed over the years. Even in my twenties at 115 and below, I never wore a six. And of course it's how they are cut too. These are straight compared to others that are more fitted. I'm just happy to finally wear clothes that look better on me again!!
  • SueSueDio
    Options
    Water intake. I hate it, hate it but this last two weeks I've been chugging back my 2litres! Does that count as an NSV?

Absolutely! :smile: Well done for sticking with it!
  • MindyBruno
    MindyBruno Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Went shopping for spring clothes because even the "thin clothes" I'd held on to are too big. Especially pants! I bought size 4's in a regular size. Last spring I had finally gotten into 16's.

This is so inspiring

I don't think I'll ever be in 4's, I think 6 is the lowest I'll ever go with being 5'9" and with my goal weight, but the idea in itself of that transformation is amazing. And who knows, maybe I'm wrong. Can I ask how tall you are?

5'3
    I think sizes have really changed over the years. Even in my twenties at 115 and below, I never wore a six. And of course it's how they are cut too. These are straight compared to others that are more fitted. I'm just happy to finally wear clothes that look better on me again!!

I agree, in college I was a size 10 weighing about 130. Now, I am in a 12 weighing 167. Sizing has definitely changed.
  • NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    My NSV is that I have made a handful of good friends in a mfp group, and they help me get back on track every time I run into a trouble spot. With their motivation, I will one day reach my goals.
  • brant710
    brant710 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I am always so stoked when I see pictures of where I am now. It's easy to not feel like things have changed but the photos don't lie.
  • SnazzIT
    SnazzIT Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I no longer just wear black to work
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    McCloud33 wrote: »
    Came in second in a 5k obstacle course...only got beat by a HS kid.

Well done!

• Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I live 2,500 miles away from our family and normally for holidays, I will prepare a giant feast for the two of us. Yesterday, we decided to not cook a single thing for Easter. Instead we chose to hike the cliffs in Half Moon Bay, which is something we've both been itching to do since we've moved to California. Such a great feeling!

Great reward! That part of California Coast line is so beautiful!

• SueSueDio
    edited March 2016
    Options
    MindyBruno wrote: »
    I agree, in college I was a size 10 weighing about 130. Now, I am in a 12 weighing 167. Sizing has definitely changed.

Apparently this phenomenon is called vanity sizing

Edit: There's also this post that has a different take on it.
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    NewOR2015 wrote: »
    My NSV is that I have made a handful of good friends in a mfp group, and they help me get back on track every time I run into a trouble spot. With their motivation, I will one day reach my goals.
    I love this and I can emphatically say, me too! It would have been way easier to give up without the support of my MFP pals.
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    May I suggest a water bottle with infuser? You can add yummy tea or even fresh berries, which make that daily chug more pleasing. :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!