TMI post - Females only please!

Options
2»

Replies

• IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    tbh I've never really noticed an eating change during TOM,
    but since I just joined MFP & read this post, I will definitely pay more attention.
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    MUST READ: (yes, she did an experiment & research. You need at least an extra 100 calories/day in your luteal phase. Don't know when that starts? Look up Billings method and pay attention to what men lewdly refer to as your "snail trail" aka EWCM or egg white cervical mucus. When that disappears, start working in an extra low-cal snack!)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/246100-tom-experiment-preliminary-results
  • KPaden1221
    KPaden1221 Posts: 433
    Options
    i could stuff my face for the 3 days before my period.. like this last time.. i wnted pizza and wings soooo bad only to be followed by chocolate chip cookies! so i had pizza and a few wings and one chocolate chip cookie. it fit into my calories for the day though.. eat what ya want.. just use lots of PORTION CONTROL!! I try to limit my carbs, but that's bc my body reacts to carbs in a CRAZY WAY! One piece of bread = 10lbs (not really but ya get the picture)..
  • LadyKT
    LadyKT Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Don't know if you're opposed to it but I've started using a birth control that stops the TOM all-together where I don't have to worry about it. It's especially convenient since I'm in the military and I don't have to worry about that weigh me down in so many other ways.

Just saying, it may be an option looking into.

Good luck, though. I remember the TOM and was no fun - especially with eating.

I've tried that route. For some reason, birth control turns me into a NASTY B**** and I'm really one of the nicest people ever. So unfortunately, I have to pass :sad:
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Oh God, yes! Try to eat a lot of protein/iron rich foods. Lots of potassium (to combat bloat!). Think bananas, sweet potatoes, kiwis etc.

Drink more water than usual and TRY TRY TRY to get some good exercise in. Don't over do it!

I hate it as much as the next girl, believe me, but I REFUSE to not live my life the way I want to because of it!
  • Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I have the cravings and the water retention weight gain to go with it:sad: I don't deprive myself if I want some chips then I will eat a 100 calorie pack pringles or I may have nutella with banana and vanilla almond milk for the chocolate-sweet cravings. I am always hungry around that time so I may have a little more of dinner later in the evening etc. I work out during that time so I always have calories alloted for the extra sweets and extra servings. Sweet thing is after all is said and done I usually have a big loss (water weight plus 1-2 lbs) so I would not worry. My body obviously needs something around that time and I usually give in-just in moderation. Make sure to drink LOTS OF WATER. I drink 16 cups a day and that seems to help a tons!!!!!
  • LadyKT
    LadyKT Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I probably get 96 oz+ on a given day. So water isn't a problem for me. Bad planning I think is. I had no fruit packed today :(
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Don't know if you're opposed to it but I've started using a birth control that stops the TOM all-together where I don't have to worry about it. It's especially convenient since I'm in the military and I don't have to worry about that weigh me down in so many other ways.

Just saying, it may be an option looking into.

Good luck, though. I remember the TOM and was no fun - especially with eating.

I've tried that route. For some reason, birth control turns me into a NASTY B**** and I'm really one of the nicest people ever. So unfortunately, I have to pass :sad:

this is my 4th type of BC, I'm still a b!tch, just a differenty type of one...some make me bawl my face off, some make me want to stab you in the eyeballs, some make me frustrated (the one I'm on now...no patience...at all...I'm a snap show) so it doesn't matter if you're on BC, you still may have the symptoms...what kind of BC are you on? I think i'm going to have to get mine changed again before I get a divorce
  • Jillyrabbit
    Options
    I don't change anything...but...I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE POLE DANCING BUNNY....LOL