Weight loss comments

Options
13»

Replies

• Chanchka
    Chanchka Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I used to be sensitive about it, but now I'm more open about my weight struggles and I just say to myself -- "hey, the truth is that I am/was fat! And people can clearly see it." If someone makes a comment about my weight-loss, it means my hard work is paying off and it's noticeable. And honestly, most likely the person's saying to himself, "good for her, doing something about her weight and getting healthy!". Nothing wrong with that. I happen to like the feedback and it actually helps motivate me to keep going,
  • jacki865
    jacki865 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I like hearing the comments on it, cause right now I have lost about 25lbs and I still can't notice the difference. It is nice to hear it from somebody who dosent look at me and my body everyday. I am also a pretty open person so I don't mind telling people how much I weigh or how much I have to lose. I just like to know that my handwork is being noticed. Nothing wrong with that.
  • dorisj717
    dorisj717 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    The comments about my weight loss don't bother me, what bothers me is when someone says or she doesn't want that (a cookie, pizza, anything). Don't speak for me maybe I do want a cookie or a slice of pizza but if I want it or not I don't need someone else speaking for me. Usually I do say no but sometimes I do want something, just a taste not a whole meal.
  • Calibrate
    Calibrate Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    "I have no idea, I never used to weigh myself" [/quote]

I am sooo stealing this!
  • joepayer
    joepayer Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    dorisj717 wrote: »
    The comments about my weight loss don't bother me, what bothers me is when someone says or she doesn't want that (a cookie, pizza, anything). Don't speak for me maybe I do want a cookie or a slice of pizza but if I want it or not I don't need someone else speaking for me. Usually I do say no but sometimes I do want something, just a taste not a whole meal.

This^^^
  • LORRIE22
    LORRIE22 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    When someone asks me about my weight...I just tell them I never weigh myself because my weight is always going up and down. And right now it is down...Let's hope it just stays down this time.
  • MultipleHigh5s
    MultipleHigh5s Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I love the comments and I love talking about it. I am probably super annoying
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    People are too moody.. If you don't compliment them the way they see fit or when they're in the mood..they get mad. I say, only comment to a close friend if you know they don't min.d…if it is a coworker..say "you look wonderful" and never mention weight. Even the best shrink in the world couldn't get a good read on what to say to each person.
  • happyscruffy
    happyscruffy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    One particular work colleague was more then happy to discus my post pregnancy weight gain. Since iv lost over 20lb she hasn't even commented!

Generally I like if people notice my weight loss as I can't always see it when I look in the mirror.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!