What workout do you hate?

Replies

• blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    yesimpson wrote: »
    valente347 wrote: »
    I hate playing team sports. My hand-eye coordination is so bad I feel pity for any team I play on.

Sometimes people who don't know me too well make the mistake of inviting me to play something like badminton or netball, thinking because I like running this means I am a generally sporty person.

5 mins in they know better and never ask me to play on their team again.

This is how I got invited to a company sports team. "Oh hey, you run!" I don't think I will get invited back next year and I am okay with that :D
  • Rdsgoal16
    Rdsgoal16 Posts: 302 Member
    The squat portion of my Les Mills Body pump class. Squats I can handle, I like to do them at my own pace..not the instructor's (super fit, never seem to sweat, body that's rock hard, fitness queen on crank speed).

After one bazillion lunges with a weight resting on my shoulders I feel like I am in some torture chamber of hell getting my quads drilled with a rusty, dull, drill bit.....but I love the feeling of finishing the class, sure my arms hurts so bad the next day I contemplate wearing sweats to work because buttoning my pants is painful (but I never do!)
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    I hate heavy weight lifting. Does it work? Yes. Is it good for me? Yes. Will I continue to do it? Yes.

I realized the other day that I hate it because it reminds me of moving - you know, lifting heavy boxes, furniture, etc and putting them down? And I hate moving. It's just so repetitive and completely bores me. I'd way rather be out running by the water or out in nature. :)
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Oh man... I hate endurance running. Long-distance at a slow pace? No thanks. I'd rather sprint my butt off in intervals. That whole "is this over yet?" comment is absolutely correct.

As a distance runner, I can't do hard intervals UNLESS I've got a base of long, slow miles. Otherwise, I risk getting injured (I've BTDT)! A track day usually ends up being 6-8 miles for me with proper warm-up and cool-down. ;)

• ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    I hate not working out. I love running. Especially hour long tempo runs where you are about to die it gets so intense. Love the challenge and LOVE running up big mtns.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    I'm not a fan of running. I did it long enough to be able to do a relay marathon with coworkers, got my medal, and checked it off of my bucket list, lol.

I don't really like swimming b/c I used to get ear infections whenever I looked at a pool as a child. Legit swimming, you know this type of stroke for this many laps, just reminds me of childhood pain.

But other than that, there's no exercise I just hate. Burpees while not my favorite, aren't something I hate. I'm also not the biggest fan of lunges, but again, I don't hate them.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Oh man... I hate endurance running. Long-distance at a slow pace? No thanks. I'd rather sprint my butt off in intervals. That whole "is this over yet?" comment is absolutely correct.

As a distance runner, I can't do hard intervals UNLESS I've got a base of long, slow miles. Otherwise, I risk getting injured (I've BTDT)! A track day usually ends up being 6-8 miles for me with proper warm-up and cool-down. ;)

Yeah I don't "hate" intervals, but I love long, slow days. Pushing myself to go fast while running is challenging to me. I could do slow and easy forever.

And totally get the frustration with weight lifting. Actually the part I hate is setting up the bar properly, then waiting to recover between intervals, etc. I just want it to be over with. Feels like so much set-up/recovery for very little actually doing something time. But I know it's good for me so I keep trying to make it a habit. One of these days.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    The only types of workouts I CAN NOT abide are any group dance based classes like Zumba.
    Can't stand it. Joined one single session because a friend wanted me to join her. Hated every single second of it.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Running.
    I don't like to run.
  • Quinn_Baker
    Quinn_Baker Posts: 292 Member
    Just for fun, vent about a workout that you hate that many others seem to love?

Me: Spin class. One hour of "is this over yet? No? Now is it over? How long have I been doing this? Can I just stop pedaling for a second? Am I done yet? What time is it? Has it really only been 20 minutes...." haha.

No matter how much an instructor tries to mix it up, to me it's really one hour of the same damn thing, looking at the same view of nothing, to a soundtrack of music that I'd probably choose differently. If I'm going to ride a stationary bike, I'd much rather just do it on my own.

I don't like spin that much either. For me, it's mainly the painful seats.
  • mdrichardsons
    mdrichardsons Posts: 83 Member
    Running,.. Thanks I'll just slit my wrist now. I actually love spin class just got a bike and yeah the real thing is better. Now treadmill stationary bikes with no instructor or ellipticals. No no no I just stare at the little dots going around the track and want to bash my head I because they don't move fast enough.
  • AMAW13
    AMAW13 Posts: 1 Member
    Running,.. Thanks I'll just slit my wrist now. I actually love spin class just got a bike and yeah the real thing is better. Now treadmill stationary bikes with no instructor or ellipticals. No no no I just stare at the little dots going around the track and want to bash my head I because they don't move fast enough.

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Running, circuit training, calisthenics, anything on an elliptical...and leg curls.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    not so much a workout but burpees can go suck a fat one. Oh and star jumps/jumping jacks
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    IzzyBooNZ1 wrote: »
    not so much a workout but burpees can go suck a fat one. Oh and star jumps/jumping jacks

burpees CAN go suck a fat one
  • DearestWinter
    DearestWinter Posts: 595 Member
    I hate spin. I also hate any fitness class/routine that requires quick coordinated movements. So basically every fitness class except barre, Pilates and yoga since those typically have slower movements. I'm uncoordinated so I can never keep up or just end up falling over.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    I hate doing legs, but I still give it 100%
  • psamin88
    psamin88 Posts: 19 Member
    Push-ups for sure
  • cor306
    cor306 Posts: 8 Member
    Lunges and Plyo work. I hate that no matter how good of shape I'm in those darn burpees make me feel out of shape real quick!
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Running for sure. I don't get any enjoyment out of it whatsoever. So I don't do it!

I don't love burpees but I'd rather do burpees than run.