Replies

• IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Edamame!
  • julia0427
    julia0427 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am a huge soup and salad fan. I make a batch of soup and freeze it in portions sizes in Tupperware. I have lunches for the whole week and I often pair them with salad.
  • CherylG1983
    CherylG1983 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I always have turkey breast slices from the deli in the fridge for quick protein to have if I don't have any prepared chicken or Turkey meatballs left. 3 slices. Just be sure to get the low sodium, low nitrates kind.
  • julieistead
    julieistead Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I make up a container of marinated canned chick peas. I rinse the chick peas, add red wine vinegar, just a dash of olive oil, salt, pepper and oregano. Shake it up and portion out a small container each day. It's delicious and high in protein.
  • kristinak48
    kristinak48 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I make up a container of marinated canned chick peas. I rinse the chick peas, add red wine vinegar, just a dash of olive oil, salt, pepper and oregano. Shake it up and portion out a small container each day. It's delicious and high in protein.

Do you roast them then? I'm not sure how to prepare chick peas! LOL I do have a container of them at home though!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

Do you roast them then? I'm not sure how to prepare chick peas! LOL I do have a container of them at home though!

If they are canned they are already cooked for you.
  • kristinak48
    kristinak48 Posts: 110 Member
    Options

If they are canned they are already cooked for you.

Right, I am aware of that. I wanted to know how to make them as a snack with seasonings.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    I just add protein/fat to my salad and it's very filling. Like today I have a Taco Salad for lunch - lettuce, tomato, cheese, hot sauce, hot pepper, taco meat, greek yogurt.
  • smit7633
    smit7633 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Brown rice
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Google "chick peas roasted" lots of easy recipes for snacks .BTW, any cooked/ can bean added to salad is very filling. Drain & rinse canned beans.You can also use chick peas the same way.....super filling.