Reducing sugar

Options
Is anyone else having trouble reducing the amount of sugar they eat in a day? I can reach my daily goal and can go over it so easily. Im finding it really hard giving up chocolate and other sweet things!!

Replies

• tlynnweb
    tlynnweb Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    YES! Especially since one apple has a ton of sugar!!!
  • Romba
    Romba Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    yes I do too. Try eating fruit when you crave something sweet. Yes, it does have sugar but it's better for you than chocolate treats.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    It's probably the fruit. Shouldn't really be a problem unless you have diabetic issues. Try to eat berries and even apples, because they take longer to digest. Bananas, oranges etc. can hit you hard with the sugars.
  • texakin20
    texakin20 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I was about to post this SAME topic. I ate grapes and strawberries this morning. BLAM I am over my sugar.. HUH!?! Is that really bad, or is fruits OK sugar? I am confused. Do I eat the fruits and veggies that are natural, or do I eat other crap that does not have sugar but may be processed?
  • valleanna
    valleanna Posts: 9
    Options
    are blue berries high in sugar? how about activia yogurt?
  • texakin20
    texakin20 Posts: 98 Member
    Options

I added blueberries to my daily list to compare.. all 3 fruits are about the same sugar in 1 cup... Grapes 15, Strawberries 13 and Blueberries 14. Blueberries have a tad less calories though. But this is still bad when my daily was 24 g's.

Breakfast Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sugar
    Small Bunch - Grapes - Red or Green, Seedless, 1 cup 110 16 0 1 2 15
    Strawberries - Raw, 2 cup, whole 92 22 1 2 3 13
    Blueberries - Raw, 1 cup 83 21 0 1 1 14
  • dawnmichelea
    dawnmichelea Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on that! I am SO over on my sugar intake every single day!!!! It's from all the fruit I eat. Who knows if it's good or bad, but how can fresh fruit be bad?! I'm gonna keep on eating!
  • melhort
    melhort Posts: 31
    Options
    I eat activia light yogurt and fruit a lot for breakfast or a snack and yes there is sugar but better for you than sweets!
  • melhort
    melhort Posts: 31
    Options