Looking to lose 20lbs!

Options
I'm 34yrs old, 5"7 and weighing in at 170lbs on a skinny day. I live in Southern California where bathing suit season lasts for 9months out of the year, so my goal weight is 150lb, hopefully with a little muscle tone. I've never tried to get accountability from online support, but I'm ready to try because it's easy for me to lose motivation by myself. I just got a Misfit activity tracker and already I've been moving more in trying to reach my daily goals. I'd really like to have some other friends on here that want to be healthy and active.

Replies

• tabcat4
    tabcat4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also have the goal to lose 20lbs by summer time! And I could really use a good motivator to help me on my journey :). What say we motivate each other to reach our goals?
  • davina_sowell
    davina_sowell Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I lost 20 lbs over the last two months need to lose another 20 before my milestone birthday in July. I was in a challenge that just ended need motivation to keep going. Have two weddings in May would like to get another 10 off
  • kathleengee
    kathleengee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey! Add me to your "friend list - we can all support each other. I am 155 - wanting to get to 135.
    what is everyones game plan in terms of food challenges and exercise?
  • maryannbloomquist1
    maryannbloomquist1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi. I just started with this sight again after 3 years. Need to loose 20 lbs as well. Add me to friend list .. I would to have support.
  • maryannbloomquist1
    maryannbloomquist1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    site.. Long day. lol..
  • Mersie1
    Mersie1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Add me if you like! The more the merrier
  • dme0611
    dme0611 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Please add me! I weigh 175 today, would like to be 155!
  • Joniboloney
    Joniboloney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me too. I'm looking to lose 20-25lbs and would love to share this journey.
  • momto2lovelykids
    momto2lovelykids Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hello,I am lyna ,i am looking forward to lose 20 t0 30lbs by summer,need support and motivation :)
  • tsornoza
    tsornoza Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies. I need some motivation. Been working hrs but numero not showing. Add me for support! I'm here to motivate you too!
  • tsornoza
    tsornoza Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I lost 20 lbs over the last two months need to lose another 20 before my milestone birthday in July. I was in a challenge that just ended need motivation to keep going. Have two weddings in May would like to get another 10 off
    How did you lose 20 in two months?? Pls share!
  • taylorwatson1
    taylorwatson1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm exactly the same, wanting to lose around 20lbs for my holiday in June. I'm wanting support as I seem to easily fall off the wagon at the moment, I'll add you guys if that's okay?
  • tia530
    tia530 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    In for 20 as well; I use a garmin tracker that sink with MFP and have been meeting my goals with it fitness wise, problem is; I love wine and chocolate :p I've cut back quite a bit though and eating 1200 calories a day now, so let's go!
  • pbee89
    pbee89 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 36lbs
  • pbee89
    pbee89 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    everyone feel free to add me :)
  • jstew06
    jstew06 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone-- I posted this in another thread, but wanted to post here too. Extra motivation for me is coming from healthy wager. You bet that you can lose weight and you make money if you win the bet! This is not spam, and I am not trying to sell you on anything-- just want to help motivate others in any way I can. Most don't know about this website -- but please feel free to research it. It is legit. If you do decide to sign up, use my link-- it will give you an extra $40 boost to your potential winnings than if you just signed up on your own. I am using MFP to help me in this journey and want to share with other users why I am so dedicated!

http://www.healthywage.com/referral/healthywager/name-your-own-prize/39245490100057
  • rebabee
    rebabee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for replying to my thread! Along with my 10,000 steps goal, I am trying to follow the Wheat Belly diet. I've taken out gluten from my diet and most grains, but it's the sugar that's holding me up. I love sweets and %82 dark chocolate just doesn't cut it. Has anyone else tried Wheat Belly?
  • MarthaReineke1
    MarthaReineke1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried wheat belly but keto/banting is really working for me. I've lost 12lbs so far in 3 weeks. I was losing before i started monitoring so MFP says i haven't lost that much but i started at 166. Hoping to lose 20 more by june 1 :)
  • waitej64
    waitej64 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hiya I'm looking to lose 20Ibs by the summer too. Since losing my first 30Ibs in over 6 months I seem to be at a standstill. Feel free to add me I could do with the support.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    rebabee wrote: »
    I'm 34yrs old, 5"7 and weighing in at 170lbs on a skinny day.

We are in such a similar state! I am 5.7.5", 35, and have been bouncing between 168 and 171 for a while now.

I'm going to send you a friend request and anyone else here can add me too :)