Green Tea for weight loss

Options
2»

Replies

• Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Good grief there are any amount of flavours of green tea to try! Where do you usually shop? My current favourite is a salted caramel flavour one (though it's just the smell rather than the taste).

i saw this flavour in tesco the other day but somehow i suspected it might be unpleasant so didnt bother.
  • gurlshome
    gurlshome Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try x50 green tea it's not bad can drink it hot or cold prefer cold come in many different flavours mango tropical ect
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    i like peppermint tea and lemon and ginger,. green tea is not nice
    regardless of flavor they aren't going to miraculously make the weight drop off
  • assetrecoverygroupllc1
    Options
    I've always used green tea right up until contest time . Great stimulant and mild diuretic to keep subcutaneous water off.
  • ajsawrie
    ajsawrie Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    eve0602 wrote: »
    Green tea is meant to be linked to weight loss but there are so many others that also claim this. Maybe go to Holland and Barrets and see if a different tea can help aid your weight loss more than green tea.

No teas aid weight loss. A lot of clever marketing on their part (which people obviously believe, judging by the number of threads here about tea and weight loss), but it's all woo.

It depends on how you look at it. I drink about a gallon a day of unsweetened green tea. I love it. It's a healthy, natural source of caffeine to keep me focused, and it helps aid metabolism in the same way that water does - by keeping you hydrated. So, in a way, sure. It can help metabolism.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Slimisin66
    Green tea is awful but I have 1 cup a day.

Perhaps you are over brewing it. Green tea is more delicate than black - boiling water is too hot for it. I use the lowest setting on my electric hot water kettle and steep for exactly three minutes, setting the timer to make sure I get it right.

The hot water dispenser at my former office was also the perfect temperature.
  • kandisn7
    kandisn7 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I love Celestial Seasonings blueberry tea hot. It's wonderful. I don't even sweeten it.
  • MADgical72
    MADgical72 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Try using actual tea leaves. I think it's much better.
  • squirtychookgirl
    squirtychookgirl Posts: 9 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    https://authoritynutrition.com/green-tea-and-weight-loss/

Green tea is supposed to aid in weight loss, Even if it is minimal, there's also the benefits of anti oxidants.
  • MelMaria9009
    MelMaria9009 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Add some cinnamon and honey to it that's how I drink it...its delicious
  • __butterfly
    __butterfly Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yogi blueberry green tea. I drink it to curb cravings.
  • WizWil
    WizWil Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Kirkland Brand Green Tea - it's on Amazon & I love the flavor ❤️
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Slimisin66
    Green tea isawful but I have 1 cup a day.

WHY?! I never consume things I don't like. Green tea being one of them.