Why do you keep your diary private?

Options
124»

Replies

• RozeGod
    RozeGod Posts: 118
    Options
    Nothing to hide here- just dont really know any of the "friends" here so I like my privacy....you really shouldnt assume.
  • tremendacooke
    tremendacooke Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Mine is public and the reason is I got good menus and idea from very sucees people so i look at their menu and when Im doing bad its a motivation to follow my friends and get in touch with reality
    Thanks for all my friends that let me peek in their life(journal) when i look in their journal some very good decisions I made was because you inspire me
  • joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    My diary is public. I'm doing this for me and I don't care who sees my diary as I've got nothing to be ashamed about.
  • staclo
    staclo Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Mine is private because I like to write personal messages to myself about my day and how I'm feeling. It's called a diary and I choose to keep it private for just that reason.

I do the exact same thing. I write notes about what to watch for, what I did well, etc. I have thought about making my diary public, but I think I'd be less inclined to be as open and honest.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Everyone has a right to keep it public or private as they choose.
    Why do you have yours set for friends only? Why not public?
    (Mine is public, I don't care who sees it.)
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Mine is only open to friends..i guess if i chose to have it private, i can be ashamed of my eating choices sometimes and can feel afraid of judgements..I know theres people that can be like that..
  • Crystal_Rudolph
    Crystal_Rudolph Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Mine is public and many of my friends' is too. It doed help with the accountability aspect (which i personally need). But it also helps generate new ideas for meals. It is like looking at a recipe book with the needed info (cals, carbs, sodium, etc) already there for you!
  • LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to friends only. (Right now there is nothing to see becasue I've fallen off the logging wagon and am running to catch up with it.)

I like to peek at my sucessful friends diaries to see how they are doing it. Get inspired. Also, it is interesting to see what is available in other parts of the country. Or in other countries.

I've added Chia seeds to my hot cereal becasue it really does add a lot of fiber for the amount of calories.

One of my friends didn't know what pierogis were and I was able to explain. But the time I opened it to all, some one took me to task for eating some Newman's Own frozen pizza. It felt unpleasent.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    It's because I eat people. I don't want to be judged.
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    The only person I am accountable is me (and it's about time...LOL!). To be honest I don't find looking at anyone else's food diary all that helpful. Everyone is at a different stage in their weight loss/gain/maintenance journey, people are from all walks of life, from different countries all of which affects their choices/availability of food.

Same here. I don't find looking at other people's diary helpful and everyone's calorie intake is slightly different so I can't compare either. I never intended to have any mfp friends when I signed up but have met some lovely people anyway. Seeing their comments, motivation and exercise logs are more inspirational to me than what they're eating. Plus some of them are so nice, funny and entertaining which makes mfp a lot more fun when logging.
  • djkymba
    djkymba Posts: 174
    Options
    Mine is viewable to my friends, I think. But I'm new and I don't get very many comments so I guess it wouldn't matter if it was open. I always just assume nobody pays much attention to me anyway. :)
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options

ROFL. How do you log that? As the other white meat?
  • FunRun08
    FunRun08 Posts: 203 Member
    Options

LMAO This is a judgment free zone!
  • ltcampbell
    ltcampbell Posts: 19
    Options
    Mine is private because I like to write personal messages to myself about my day and how I'm feeling. It's called a diary and I choose to keep it private for just that reason.

I never really paid attention to the notes section. I think I might start using it. Remind myself what I was thinking or feeling when I ate what I did. Yeah, I think being a diary- its something for myself.
  • CatClark
    CatClark Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Would someone mind checking to see if my diary is public?

I changed the settings so that it would be, but I'm not sure it's worked?

I'm less tempted to eat naughty things when I think someone might be looking! (Ps - if it is public, don't judge me! The last couple of days have been atypical as I've been off work with a virus!) :)
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is pulbic
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Would someone mind checking to see if my diary is public?

I changed the settings so that it would be, but I'm not sure it's worked?

I'm less tempted to eat naughty things when I think someone might be looking! (Ps - if it is public, don't judge me! The last couple of days have been atypical as I've been off work with a virus!) :)

Yes it works. I hope you feel better soon.
  • CatClark
    CatClark Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much :)
  • diverdi
    diverdi Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I used to have mine fully public and it never got commented on. As I've had a bit of a rocky few months and been on and off here a few times I started to get self conscious about it so made everything private.
    The only way I am going to succeed in this journey is if I am doing it for me, so I'm planning on keeping it this way.