Sixers Love Yourself Challenge - Week 2

Options

Replies

• amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    Hi ladies! Weighed in this morning but a later post!!

RHIANNON ----SW 172.6 lbs / GW 165lbs / CW 171.6lbs / PROGRESS - 1lbs
    SHANELL
    SW 212.5 lbs/ GW 199 lbs/ CW 209/ PROGRESS - 3.5lbs
    Robin
    SW 193 lbs / GW 185 lbs / CW 191.5 lbs / PROGRESS -1.5
    Katy
    SW 172.8/ GW 164.8/ CW 175.0/ PROGRESS +2.2 lbs
    CATHY
    SW 209 lbs/ GW 199 lbs/ CW 209.4/ PROGRESS +.4 lbs
    KRISTIN
    Connie
    SW 264 lbs / GW 258/ CW 262/ PROGRESS -2 lbs
    EM
    SW 151.2 lbs / GW 140 lbs / CW 150.2 lbs / Progress -1 lb
    Deb
    SW202.4/GW 194.4 lbs/CW 203.8/Progress +1.4lbs.
    Amy
    SW 198lbs/GW 188lbs/CW 200 /Progress+/- +2.0lbs
    Tammara
    SW 220lbs/GW 213lbs/CW 219 /Progress - 1.0 lbs
    Lauryn
    SW 159 / GW 155 / CW 157.5 / PROGRESS -1.5lbs
    Katie
    SW 179 lbs/GW 169 lbs/CW 179 lbs/Progress 0 lbs
    AmyLou
    SW 153.4/GW 147lbs/CW151.4/Progress - 2 lbs.

Heidi
    SW165lbs / GW 155 lbs / CW 165 / Progress +/- 0lbs
    Becky
    SW146.2lbs/GW 140lbs/CW 146.4/Progress+/- .2lbs

Yay 2 lb. loss!!! I don't know how it happened but I'll take it!

Lauryn - love the lyrics, exactly the song we need to be thinking about!
    Tammara - thanks for the encouragement. My mom is feeling much better and the root canal went okay. Still pretty numb though so hopefully when that wears off there isn't too much pain! nice to know I have a dentist around to prep me for these kinds of things!! :happy:

Hi Newbies!!! I'm Amy but I'm AmyLou on the list since there are two of us! Glad you all could join us this go around!!

Just got home from the dentist so probably won't eat a whole lot of dinner nor will I probably exercise but will rest up tonight and be ready for a new day tomorrow!!

Robyn-thanks for keeping me honest, i forgot to post my love for the day last time!!
    Today I LOVE that I had enough will power not to go to dairy queen after my root canal because I totally wanted to milk it and get ice cream!! haha.

Have a good evening all!
    :heart:
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    AmyLou, having the willpower not to go to DQ is definitely something to applaud. WTG!!!
  • DebLaf
    DebLaf Posts: 248
    Options

:heart: :heart: Today I love about myself that I was super happy when I went into work. I shoveled snow for about 10 minutes this morning and was still happy ;).

Congrats to all for working hard this week, regardless of what the numbers say!!!

Hi Katie, Welcome again. We have two Katies now; your name is spelled different, so that will help us. I had to laugh that you were still happy after shoveling snow. I shoveled today too. What state do you live in?

Good luck with your goal.:happy:
  • KatieEppers
    Options
    I live in Iowa. I moved here from Tennessee a little over a year ago because of my husband's job. Yeah, this girl didn't even know what a snow shovel was before I moved here and now, I am shoveling A LOT! So did you have lots of snow as well?
  • amylou24
    Options
    AHHH!!! So I was sitting here after watching the premiere of Season 8 American Idol and realized that silly me I completely forgot Biggest Loser was on tonight too!!! Drat!!!

I really need to get DVR when I get home. :frown:

sorry, random comment on my absent-mindedness!!!

Good Night!!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies! Great to see some more losses today!! :drinker:

My day was okay... I forgot my HRM for my work out tonight so I don't know where I actually stand, but I stayed on track for food other than finishing a 2" piece of my son's almond butter & honey sandwich and two big bites of his whole wheat pasta. Great work out and we went for a family swim after although with them being so young it's really just us lying in the little pool while they splash around :tongue: I actually drank a decent amount of water today but still not enough. I've got a LOT on my plate the next while and I'm feeling a little overwhelmed but we all know that staying on point with our nutrition and exercise make the other things EASIER to manage so I need to disallow myself seeing any aspect of my health as burdensome. Even if it's just water.

Robin, thanks for the love aspect of this challenge... it does help! Today I love about myself the fact that I know how to reach out socially and make friends and get to know people. I don't feel at all awkward with it. This is brought to my attention through the fact that I'm getting to know people at my gym these days. At least by name :happy:

Well, early bed time tonight!! I may not be on until later tomorrow but I'll get here!! Oh and Lauryn, HUGS!!

meals:

1. pumpkin apple oatmeal
    2. chocolate strawberry flax protein smoothie
    3. 1/2 sprouted grain bagel w/ hummus & alfalfa sprouts
    4. egg white & vegetable omelet, ezekiel toast w/ almond butter
    5. homemade chicken caesar pita (grilled chicken breast, spinach, red pepper slices, chopped apple & the dressing I gave the recipe for the other day all in 1/2 a whole wheat pita pocket)
    6. homemade blueberry vanilla protein smoothie

work out: advanced step choreography class

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Good morning! It's VERY cold and VERY snowy this morning! But I made it into work!

Rhiannon...I just noticed...WAY TO GO LOSING 50 POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!:drinker: That's AWESOME!!!!

I am very busy this morning so will have to check back later, but today I LOVE that I am a hard worker...I been working a lot lately and love what I do!

BBL!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    morning ladies....
    already went to the gym and did workout. found another cool machine/exercise today. you are up on your forearms and hanging and lift your legs up to your chest. works the abs. i have always seen people do it, i thought i would in no way be able to do it. i did 2 reps of 10 each. surprise. felt it and made me feel good. when i can feel a machine it makes me feel good. don't know why......i am hoping for sore abs in the morning, than i know i did it right and it worked.

went with shanell to a mary kay party last night. thinking about selling it. i don't do the party thing, but, i can do internet and leave books. have to talk to DH about it.

real cold here this morning. car door frozen shut @ 7:45 this morning. surprised, we don't get this cold, suppose to be in the low teens tomorrow night and friday.

i have to have my adrenal gland and cortisol tested tomorrow. it's an hour test. doctor said he would be surprised if it came back abnormal, but, he just wants to rule it out, i am still getting dizzy.i have such bad vains hope they get a good one and can keep it flowing..

well, off to do my daily chores, and take a shower and dress in warm clothes.
    my love for today is i wasn't afraid to try a new exercise at the gym (helps i was the only one in the 24 hrs this morning haha)

later.......
  • strawberryblonde1
    Options
    :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: morning ladies. congrats on a great first week. :bigsmile: :smile: :flowerforyou: (ugh, i got on the scale this morning... and i am up 2lbs, from weigh in yesturday morning... clearly a product of TOM but still i feel like i am 100000000 lbs... i guess i thought the scale would make me feel better... haha:huh: anyways... i am devoted to eating low sodium, low carb this week... as well as drinking a ton of water :bigsmile:

chipper. good luck with your apt. tomorrow! i hope all goes well! :flowerforyou:
    kristin. SNOW is on the way here as well... it is soooo wicked cold (about 17 when i took the pup for a walk this morning) ... and they say friday is going to be even colder :noway:
    pedal. wow! you always have such great meal plans... (so motivated!!!!) keep it up!:bigsmile: :heart:

anyways. i have a TONNN of work the next two days but i will check in... I hope everyone has a great day!!!!:happy:
  • KatieEppers
    Options
    Hello Ladies! What a COLD day it is, it is like 5 below right now, 26 below with windchill. So much SNOW. Well, I thought I would check in and give my :heart: for the day, which is that I got in my water, with no trouble, both yesterday and today and I feel great!!! Also, I thought I would lay out my meals for you.

B-I had a banana and a small cappucino
    L-6" turkey breast sub and one bag baked lays (barbecue)
    I did get the tiniest bit of light mayo and sweet onion sauce. I LOVE that sauce and it is fat free!

No snacks so far and still not sure what we are doing for dinner tonight.

Oh, one more thing.....

I L:heart: VE that there was birthday cake at work today and I SO DID NOT have ANY, not even a lick!!! Yay!!! Have a fabulous evening ladies.
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    OK, confession time. We went to Bojangles for dinner and I did sooooooooo bad.:grumble: I had over 700 calories, but ended up going over by 200 and something. I'm not mad at myself or anything because at least I liked it, ALOT! We haven't been there in a few years, so it was nice, and I forgot how great there biscuits were. I wanted to get som Bo berry biscuits to take homve for later, but DH said NO, you don't need it. He knew I went over already and didn't want me to do any more damage than what was already done. He's so sweet sometimes.

Congrats to everyone that loss this week and everyone who maintained or gained keep up the good work, it'll come to ya. Good luck to everyone for this week.

Love myself, is that I love that I am in a great point of my life. Hoping it will get better in time.

Well, gonna go. Have a good evening everyone.:flowerforyou:
  • rlh0614
    rlh0614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi Katie and welcome... Iowa huh? My BF's family is from a small town right outside of Dubuque and his sister is trying to talk me into the Iowa challenge... I may just do it! It is cold here but nothing like th winter you are having! Sorry about that...
    Tamm.. you lucky dog! Im glad the company is packin ya up!
    Rhiannon!!!! 50lbs that is awesome!!!
    Haven't really been eating well.... not bad either.. just blah.
    chipper - good luck with your tests...
    Well what do I love about me today.. I love that I haven't let anything bring me down today!
    Becky
  • DebLaf
    DebLaf Posts: 248
    Options
    Hi All,

I had a pretty busy day, but got in a good workout. I was very sore from Mondays workout. My classes start again tomorrow, so Thursdays will be a late check-in if at all.

We are about 6 degrees Farenheit and it is supposed to be -5 Friday morning (not including windchill). This kind of weather makes me just want to stay in bed under the covers:grumble:

How many days per week does everyone exercise? My goal is 6 days per week, but I am not back up to that yet.

Good Night All:yawn: Try to stay warm.
  • KatieEppers
    Options
    I will confess, too, Shanell. I took the kiddos to Cancun, a little Mexican restaurant here in town and I had at 625 cals for dinner. It was worth it though. Plus, that only put me over my daily amount by just under 200. I am going to do some crunches tonight to offset a bit. I am still proud, though. I didn't finish my whole plate, I left half of it there and I didn't overdo it on the chips either. So, that to me, was a success. Good night, ladies!
  • chipper15173
    Options
    just a quicky.....DH just got into an accident about 2 blocks from home. his fault. more details tomorrow. need to take him somewhere to do a pee test. his company policy.
    shanell he is fine. the 17 yr kid he hit was take away by ambulance. cop said he would help dad out as much as he could at court. he said the kid was fine. now why would the cop help out the at fault person? he was very nice. fine only $155. truck damage bad. i have my test in the morning. i'll call you on my way to that.
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Wow Cathy, I hope everyone involved is okay!! More soon - getting kiddos to bed! :yawn:
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Shanell, Becky, I find that if you're able to really enjoy the thing you've had and realize it's an indulgence and not a habit then you're less likely to make a pattern of it by feeling guilty and so on. Just be extra careful tomorrow!!

Deb, I work out 5 to 6 days a week and that is a GOOD hard work out. Sorry to hear about the cold!

I have a bunch of cleaning up to do from today but wanted to post quickly about the chicken caesar pitas we had tonight!! First off, that caesar dressing recipe makes more than 6 servings so the nutrition is even better. And it was SO good! I'm glad I thought to add the red pepper and the apple to the chicken as it was a lovely flavour and crunch!

Here are my meals for tomorrow:

1. pumpkin apple oatmeal
    2. chicken caesar salad (left-overs of the chicken/peppers/apple/dressing mixture over lots of red leaf lettuce)
    3. homemade blueberry vanilla protein smoothie :drinker:
    4. 1/2 sprouted grain bagel w/ hummus & alfalfa sprouts (obviously, a personal favourite :tongue: )
    5. yam 7 black bean stew over brown basmati rice
    6. chocolate almond butter protein shake :drinker:

Tomorrow is a rest day :bigsmile:
    What is everyone doing over the weekend??
  • chipper15173
    Options
    each day is a new day. it doesn't matter how hard you worked yesterday or how hard you didn't work yesterday; you have to pick it back up and keep going.
    matt's tip from the biggest loser
  • amylou24
    Options
    Hey all!!

Cathy - Hope everyone is now safe and everything is getting worked out!!! :heart:

It is -15 in my hometown today WITHOUT the windchill. -30 something with the windchill so needless to say I will not be going much of anywhere today I don't think!! Heading back to school in MIssouri sometime Saturday or Sunday, classes start again Tuesday. yay......not really.

Not sure what the plan is today. Poppyseed muffins for breakfast I think and then a quick shred DVD before working on research.

I did a really bad thing yesterday and bought a bag of the Reese's Hearts in the valentine aisle. Reese's are my downfall. bah. I told my mom to hide them from me though and I think she did!!!

So on that note, I love that i have a supportive family around me that will even hide the v-day candy from me!!!! :laugh:

I'll check back later, keep up the good work ladies and for those of you who live in the arctic today like I do, STAY WARM and keep those kiddos bundled up!!
    :heart:
  • rlh0614
    rlh0614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Cathy - I hope everything works out with DH. Everyday brings us a new challenge huh? Hang in there and good luck with your tests today!

OMG it is supposed to be -25 with the wind chill here today... That is insane not fit for man or beast. Work is crazy busy so I'll talk to you soon. Worked out this morning for an hour - thinking of starting the shred dvd this week...

Today I love that I am staying focused on what is important.

Becky