peanut butter

Options
Does anybody else have a problem with eating way to much peanut butter?

Replies

• LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Uh, no. Stop eating it?
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Not since I started counting calories. I was eating a lot of it and that's the one thing I miss most, unlimited consumption. It just seems unnatural to weigh it out, but, sadly, I do.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat more of it now than I did before I really started watching calories. :lol: but I'm careful about weighing it so I don't get crazy.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    It's a pretty common trigger food. I've finally gotten it under control, but it's "one of those" for me.
  • momof4girls48
    momof4girls48 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I eat peanut butter with apple slices once a day. Not with bread because I am trying to eat only one slice of bread or less a day and I prefer rye.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter but rarely eat it. I prefer nuts and my go to the last few months since I've been losing weight are shelled peanuts. I eat around 1/2 ounce to 1 ounce per day and they haven't hurt me yet. :) I am just sure to weigh them and track them.
  • Mike02209
    Mike02209 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I switched to PB2, gets the craving handled, but with WAY fewer calories.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Antd412 wrote: »
    Does anybody else have a problem with eating way to much peanut butter?

Just be sure to weigh it/measure it when you eat it. Try to keep it at 2 tbsp in one sitting (or less if possible). If you arrange the rest of your foods for the day around something high in calories then it can't hurt you every once in a while. Just measure and track it when you do eat it. Just try to get to where you don't go overboard on it but at the same time don't keep yourself from eating something you actually enjoy sometimes. It's actually a good fat to get in.
  • Antd412
    Antd412 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Yes it is a trigger food and I crave at night which is definitely the worst time to eat it. I have a 3 year old daughter so I have to keep it in the house. She can't live without her peanut butter and jelly lol
  • lexykassan
    lexykassan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Mike02209 wrote: »
    I switched to PB2, gets the craving handled, but with WAY fewer calories.

Same. And I use it in shakes and such. I've also added a little bit of extra salt into otherwise-sweet shakes to make them taste more peanut buttery. 45 calories instead of 160. :-)
  • MLouis1
    MLouis1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter. I eat Better than PNB. It's less calories, and satisfies my PB craving. And I try to eat it with an apple not bread or crackers.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    No. I have a problem eating too many peanut butter cups, though. Or right now....peanut butter eggs. :p
  • Antd412
    Antd412 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Whats PB2?????
  • smiles4jo
    smiles4jo Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I eat peanut butter with apple slices once a day. Not with bread because I am trying to eat only one slice of bread or less a day and I prefer rye.

Apple slices with peanut butter is my go-to breakfast :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Antd412 wrote: »
    Yes it is a trigger food and I crave at night which is definitely the worst time to eat it. I have a 3 year old daughter so I have to keep it in the house. She can't live without her peanut butter and jelly lol

Well a craving is just a thought, and thoughts can be changed.

I used to have a problem with peanut butter when I was under-eating in general. Now I can fit it into my goals, but it took quite a while to figure all this out. I stayed away from it completely for a while. It becomes a habit/go-to food.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Not me.
    I have issues with other foods though.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    (Why can't I quote anyone?)

PB2: http://www.amazon.com/Plantation-PB2-Powdered-Peanut-Butter/dp/B00H8YGOMO/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1459436061&sr=8-1&keywords=pb2+peanut

My regular grocery store has it. It's pretty darned good.
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    ✋ Me! I could eat 1/2 a jar in a sitting. Try the Jif to-go. They're 250cal single serving cups. Definitely a calorie saved for me! PB2 is great in its own way-- but such an awful stand in for actual peanut butter.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    No. I have a problem eating too many peanut butter cups, though. Or right now....peanut butter eggs. :p

+1

PB on its own is nothing to me. Combine it with chocolate or toast or cheese, forgedaboudit.
  • LLT38
    LLT38 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    PB2 in vanilla almond milk is delicious. It's one of my favourite snacks. I eat much less peanut butter since I got PB2.