I need to shed about 30 pounds in about a month!

Options
Any tips? Please share! I have hit a plateau! Thanks

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Why the rush? That's next to impossible to do.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Uh...yeah. Good luck with that.
  • vnieves605
    vnieves605 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sorry just realized I posted wrong number! Meant to post 20.. Lol! Going on a cruise!
  • sourcandies
    sourcandies Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    A slower loss would be much healthier and sustainable.
    Even 20 pounds in 30 days isn't realistic.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Still not a healthy goal.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    20 pounds still isn't a good idea. 8 is about the most you should aim for, and that's only if you have a lot to lose. What are your stats?
  • Rit1603
    Rit1603 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    So you want to loose 20 pounds cos you are going on a cruise? I always avoided cruises cos everybody who went told me " all you do is eat, all the time" (!!) ?? Is it true? I can't say cos i've never been ! Good luck anyway hope you succeed!
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    A calorie is 3500 calories. To burn one a day, you would need to be at a deficit of 3500 calories every day. Most people don't get that regularly, so you would have to add a lot of exercise to raise it so you earned 3500 in a day. And then you would have to not eat. That is the math of it.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Factoring in the initial big water whoosh you get when starting a diet, I suggest starting out somewhere in the 300-400 pound range.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    4-8 lbs is a realistic goal for 1 month.
    Put your height, weight, age and activity level in MFP. Select a weight loss goal. Eat the calories you are told to eat. Log as accurately as you can. A food scale is helpful for accuracy.
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Why do you NEED to lose 20lb to go on the cruise? Are you afraid the boat will sink? :D

• djspacecaptain
    djspacecaptain Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    20 in a month is a bit much. on my journey the most i lost in a single month was 14 and man was i hardly eating and working out tons.... Good luck though, id like to hear how much you lose!
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    vnieves605 wrote: »
    Sorry just realized I posted wrong number! Meant to post 20.. Lol! Going on a cruise!

Still not realistic unless you're huge to begin with, as people above have said.

Why the big rush, just for a holiday - are you going to be completely miserable and hate your cruise if you don't lose the weight? Why would you even book it if you weren't going to enjoy it, in that case?

If you're worried about having a "bikini body" for the trip, then you should read this (which was linked to in a similar thread where someone was panicking over losing weight for a holiday):

http://mic.com/articles/89705/there-s-a-new-chart-on-getting-a-bikini-body-that-every-woman-needs-to-see

• vnieves605
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »

Still not realistic unless you're huge to begin with, as people above have said.

Why the big rush, just for a holiday - are you going to be completely miserable and hate your cruise if you don't lose the weight? Why would you even book it if you weren't going to enjoy it, in that case?

If you're worried about having a "bikini body" for the trip, then you should read this (which was linked to in a similar thread where someone was panicking over losing weight for a holiday):

http://mic.com/articles/89705/there-s-a-new-chart-on-getting-a-bikini-body-that-every-woman-needs-to-see
    SueSueDio wrote: »

• vnieves605
    Options
    Def not looking for a bikini body! Just want to get at a comfortable weight!
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Def not looking for a bikini body! Just want to get at a comfortable weight!

You didn't look at the link did you?
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    Me thinks you should have began in January :o Be good to yourself!! The only way you'd lose that type of weight that fast is by torturing yourself, starving, depriving yourself, so why bother? Even then, if you did accomplish this, it would all pile back on the first two days on your cruise, as soon as you eat and drink again!!
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    30 lbs in a month? Aint happening.
  • Abbie918
    Abbie918 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Unrealistic goals set you up for disappointment. Focus on exercise and eating well and you will lose 4-8 pounds before your cruise.