Why she being like that

Options
geeta81
geeta81 Posts: 36 Member
edited April 2016 in Motivation and Support
Hey. So...
My best friend and I have been on many diets before trying to lose weight one way or another.
We both started this calorie counting one, but now shes lost motivation and I am determined to lose weight no matter what.
As she's my best friend I thought she would be happy that I occasionally mention my weight loss and how am doing, but now she says i have become obsessed, I'm like WTF!?!
I'm just serious about losing weight for me.

I think she's either jealous that I've lost 13lb up to now or she's being selfish coz the attention isn't about her.

Replies

• abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    your interpretation might be right or maybe you have become annoying and self centred only talking about yourself?!
  • NA1979
    NA1979 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    People who lose weight are right to be proud, but there is nothing quite more annoying than going on about how much you've lost, I've done it before and have been told to shut up lol. Anyway if your friend doesn't seem to want to know just talk about something else!
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Who knows...
  • Tum22
    Tum22 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I must admit I love talking about dieting, weight loss etc and I do have a friend who is the same but not so much lately as someone once said to her people were bored of hearing about it but not me! I guess you'll just have to talk to other fitness pals on here! Good luck to you :smile:
  • Mirasaki
    Mirasaki Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    When you mention your success, you're highlighting her failure. You can still mention how well you're doing, just remember other people can feel bad about themselves when others are doing better than they are/doing what they can't.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Stop telling her about your success. It highlights her failure and makes her feel bad about herself. Friends don't do that to one another.

Thing is you just don't need to tell people you are losing weight. It is pretty easy to see after a while. If people really want to know let them ask. Meanwhile discuss your diet here with other people who are interested in talking about the subject.
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    A lesson learned quickly.....only mention if asked .
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    geeta81 wrote: »
    Hey. So...
    My best friend and I have been on many diets before trying to lose weight one way or another.
    We both started this calorie counting one, but now shes lost motivation and I am determined to lose weight no matter what.
    As she's my best friend I thought she would be happy that I occasionally mention my weight loss and how am doing, but now she says i have become obsessed, I'm like WTF!?!
    I'm just serious about losing weight for me.

I think she's either jealous that I've lost 13lb up to now or she's being selfish coz the attention isn't about her.

Obvious solution, don't talk to her about weight loss, she doesn't want to hear it. If you're losing weight just for you, then no need to mention it to anyone else.
  • geeta81
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Stop telling her about your success. It highlights her failure and makes her feel bad about herself. Friends don't do that to one another.

Great, but there is going to become a point where just looking at her highlights the other one's failure. Is her getting or becoming a healthy weight period going to end the relationship at that point because of resentment?

• geeta81
    Options
    Much appreciated advice!! Thank you
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    My friend and I started this together almost two years ago. She lost like 5 pounds total and gained it back. She has told me that I sound a little obsessive and I know she doesn't want to hear about my losses and macros constantly. But you know what I've learned...NOBODY does. That's why I have an instrgram account now lol.
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Quick tip: People who are "trying a diet" tend to fail; people who adopt a healthy lifestyle succeed. Forever.

Sorry about your friend.
  • geeta81
    Options
    Lesson learned Now! I am really excited that I have managed to lose so much weight and wanted to share with my best friend, I know for a fact she would have done the same, if it were the other way round.
    I hadn't realised it can be annoying and no one really cares......Lesson Learned...Keep My Gob Shut...
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Lesson learned Now! I am really excited that I have managed to lose so much weight and wanted to share with my best friend, I know for a fact she would have done the same, if it were the other way round.
    I hadn't realised it can be annoying and no one really cares......Lesson Learned...Keep My Gob Shut...

lol. I still share sometimes if I reach a big milestone or something. I mean, we should be able to share things we are excited about with our friends. But I try to hold my tongue sometimes as well for balance. Having friends on here really helps.
  • geeta81
    Options
    xmichaelyx wrote: »
    Quick tip: People who are "trying a diet" tend to fail; people who adopt a healthy lifestyle succeed. Forever.

Sorry about your friend.

Thank you..... I just wanted to shout from the roof top that I've managed to do something I thought was impossible for me...

• geeta81
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

lol. I still share sometimes if I reach a big milestone or something. I mean, we should be able to share things we are excited about with our friends. But I try to hold my tongue sometimes as well for balance. Having friends on here really helps.

Thanks for the advice ! ☺
  • geeta81
    Options
    Tum22 wrote: »
    I must admit I love talking about dieting, weight loss etc and I do have a friend who is the same but not so much lately as someone once said to her people were bored of hearing about it but not me! I guess you'll just have to talk to other fitness pals on here! Good luck to you :smile:

Thanks for that....good luck to u too!☺
  • geeta81
    Options
    abadvat wrote: »
    your interpretation might be right or maybe you have become annoying and self centred only talking about yourself?!

Hmm!?!.... thanks for that point to ponder...
  • geeta81
    Options
    NA1979 wrote: »
    People who lose weight are right to be proud, but there is nothing quite more annoying than going on about how much you've lost, I've done it before and have been told to shut up lol. Anyway if your friend doesn't seem to want to know just talk about something else!

Thanx and point noted..☺