Spray whipped cream

Options
I just had a 5 calorie orange jello with spray whipped cream. I had done well all day until getting out the can! I hadn't had this for a long time. My question is how is the best way to know what 2 tablespoons would be without smashing the whipped cream down to where it's milk?! What happens is I don't really know so then I just add more even when the jello is all gone

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Whipped cream is meant to be measured fluffy, but you could weigh it for more accuracy.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Yes, you would measure it fluffy....so 2 tablespoons is like a 2 second squirt, lol.

• Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Awesome. That makes sense. Thanks!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    If you counted "one Mississippi, two Mississippi," you'd probably have a lot more than two tablespoons to be honest, but that's just my guess. I'd suggest weighing it! If you already had it maybe get a plate, zero it out on a scale, then squirt about however much you think you had and go from there! Should give you a better idea!
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Great idea! Thanks!! I think for now I will stay away from the whipped cream as it could be a weakness. Who am I kidding! It is a weakness, lol!
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Weigh the can before and after, log the difference
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Whipped cream is made of love and sunshine and puppy kisses and as such, I refuse to log it.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I always assume I have taken 4-5 servings. I mean, take out a tablespoon and fill it with whipped cream. Even 2tbls is absolutely nothing. Maybe it would be appropriate garnish on a 1x1 Jello square...

Occasionally, I've found I can sub thick non-fat Greek yogurt flavored with vanilla and Truvia in the place of whipped cream for something like strawberry shortcake. Not whipped cream, but serves the same basic purpose.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    That's why I use a food scale.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    pbprincess wrote: »
    Whipped cream is made of love and sunshine and puppy kisses and as such, I refuse to log it.

If only it worked that way. :lol:

Put the bowl on the scale, aim and fire, see what the kill count (grams/ounces/whatever) is at. Enjoy.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Afura wrote: »

Put the bowl on the scale, aim and fire, see what the kill count (grams/ounces/whatever) is at. Enjoy.

For me usually 2-3 servings is enough, actually! I always thought I used more calories of whipped cream.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Afura wrote: »

For me usually 2-3 servings is enough, actually! I always thought I used more calories of whipped cream.

I am randomly surprised by the things I thought would be smaller in serving size! Let's not talk about ice cream though...that was not one of those things.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,595 Member
    Options
    Would it work if I weighed myself, sprayed it straight into my mouth, and then weighed myself again?

I'm not sure any spray whipped cream has made it onto a dessert for me. :)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Put bowl on food scale, press tare and squirt away. I find 30g is usually a decent amount.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Food scale - and you need a few servings.
  • cronus70
    cronus70 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Canned spray cream=grim, would rather buy some whipping cream and whisk it up.
  • Francl27
    Options
    cronus70 wrote: »

I actually like the canned stuff better...
  • cronus70
    cronus70 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    cronus70 wrote: »

I actually like the canned stuff better...

Yeah...that's probably the sugar they have added to sweeten it ;)
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Would it work if I weighed myself, sprayed it straight into my mouth, and then weighed myself again?

I'm not sure any spray whipped cream has made it onto a dessert for me. :)

LOL, thanks for the giggle!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    If you do end up weighing it can you post a picture of what 2 tbsp actually looks like? I've never weighed whipped cream and don't have any on hand but am curious how much a serving actually looks like haha.