Small Steps Lead to Small Victories

Options
I joined recently and have started slow, but I was thrilled to discover today that I've lost two pounds. That might not sound like a lot, but before I started here, all I was discovering were gains. I'm far from perfect. My eating can still use some work, but I've cut back a lot on eating out and scarfing down sugary snacks. I've also upped my walking, which the dog loves, and my Vivosmart scolds me if I'm too lazy for too long. I need to do even better with the sugar because I recently discovered that I'm pre-diabetic, but it's a big inspiration to me that even small steps so far have made a difference on the scale. Next step is to hit the health club a couple of evenings a week and to up my steps even more. I think the Vivosmart has my goal somewhere in the 8000 steps a day range, but I want to get that to 10,000. Can't wait to see how that adds to the progress.

Replies

• southernmom3
    southernmom3 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    way to go! that is great. Small steps do indeed lead to big changes.
  • smit7633
    smit7633 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Keep it up!
  • RebeccaLansdown
    RebeccaLansdown Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Great start to a new you! Good job.
  • SarahsFitMess
    SarahsFitMess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race good on you for your loss
  • HomeatWDW
    HomeatWDW Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm especially pleased because it gives me ammo to redirect myself when I don't feel like putting in my last steps of the day or I crave a late night snack. I think of the loss and remind myself that I want to lose more, not undo that little progress.