Pizza???

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    sawyeram wrote: »
    Why cut it out? Pizza hut personal pan pizza, light cheese, crushed tomato pizza sauce, and grilled chicken. Each slice is 130 calories, that 520 calories for the entire thing. Check out Pizza Hut's nutritional calculator and play around with the toppings you like. You might be surprised what you can fit into your plan. :smile:

They're super tiny though... and I don't like pizza hut anyway, lol.

I didn't care for any of the low carb tortillas I tried as a crust, but flatbreads are pretty decent... there's a brand that is 180 calories and 19g of protein or something (but of course I can't remember the name. Sigh).

But honestly if I crave pizza, I just go and buy a couple slices and make them fit.
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I make little pizzas on pre-made crust using mozzarella and pizza sauce. Every once in a while, my husband and I go and get "real" pizza and I fit it into my calories.
  • Schlackity
    Schlackity Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Pizza = happy. I try to fit it in twice a month, and allow myself two big slices of pepperoni or mushroom (or both) and that helps keep the cravings at bay until the next pizza moment. Does Yankee Candle make a pizza scented candle yet?
  • EddieP50
    EddieP50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
  • Btheodore138
    Btheodore138 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm getting pizza tonight. I get a medium thin crust, light cheese with mushrooms and spinach from Domino's. I/4 of the pizza is only 285 calories. I top it with hot gardiniara so I don't snarf it down so fast, and round out the meal with a garden salad. Yeah yeah, it's Domino's, but whatever. I just don't want to cook tonight.
  • ashleyjongepier
    ashleyjongepier Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Pizza is always worth it. Sometimes I buy these pre made whole grain mini crusts, I think its 160 per, with toppings and a salad comes to 400 cals, good little lunch.
  • gravesmelissa90
    gravesmelissa90 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Such great replies! Thanks everyone!!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Pizza is always worth it. Sometimes I buy these pre made whole grain mini crusts, I think its 160 per, with toppings and a salad comes to 400 cals, good little lunch.

Watch out because a lot of 'mini crusts' are still 2 servings.. so it's about 240-300 calories just for the crust.
  • benimars
    benimars Posts: 1 Member
    Options
  • dksuper
    dksuper Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I make my pizza on pita bread. I split it open and make two slices. I spray the pitas with olive oil spray, add 1/4 cup of fat free shredded mozzarella on each half, 2 oz of diced grape tomatoes split over the pitas, 1 tsp of minced garlic on each half, sprinkle of dried basil on each half then in the oven for 6 minutes at 400 degrees. Makes the crispy and yummy and very satisfying, and under 30 calories for the entire meal!
  • sssgilbe
    sssgilbe Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    I really like Flatout flat breads as a pizza base. The wrap is between 90 and 130 calories depending on the variety you choose. I usually find them in the deli or bakery section of the grocery store. Then add toppings and heat. It's not the real thing, but if you choose your toppings well, it can be a nice substitute. I also like using a tbsp of olive oil and some bread dipping seasoning and parmesan to make garlic sticks. Higher end on the calories because of the olive oil, but you can eat the whole thing for 250 calories or less. Goes great with a nice salad. Hmm. now I want goat cheese and mushroom pizza.....

Thanks for this idea. I used fresh marinara, fresh tomatoes, turkey pepperoni and low-fat cheese. It made a lovely lunch, larger and few calories than the low-calorie frozen pizzas. The bread makes a crust similar to PH thin crust, but tastier.
  • dksuper
    dksuper Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    dksuper wrote: »
    I make my pizza on pita bread. I split it open and make two slices. I spray the pitas with olive oil spray, add 1/4 cup of fat free shredded mozzarella on each half, 2 oz of diced grape tomatoes split over the pitas, 1 tsp of minced garlic on each half, sprinkle of dried basil on each half then in the oven for 6 minutes at 400 degrees. Makes the crispy and yummy and very satisfying, and under 30 calories for the entire meal!

Whoops...meant under 300 calories not 30!!
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I used to make pizza on flatout bread, but discovered alternatives. Jack's pizzas are cheap and about 500 calories for 1/2 of most of their flat crust pizzas. California Kitchens has a personal sized thin crust Hawaiian pizza for 350 calories. Home Run Inn has personal thin crust pizzas for as low as 300 calories each. Why, oh why, would you give up pizza???? I also love the Pizza Hut lunch bar...Did I mention I have lost over 70#?
  • sarahkanzalone
    sarahkanzalone Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    owfy6nqc5r91.jpeg

Vegetarian flat bread bbq "chicken" pizza I made tonight 342 calories.... It's totally possible to have pizza save up calories or make lower calorie alternatives
  • afigirl86
    afigirl86 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I use Trader Joe's Whole Wheat pizza dough. 2oz of dough is 120 calories. I roll that out to a large thin crust. Top with light sauce and cheese and load up on veggies. Also Papa John's gives you a thin crust and light cheese option. It's pretty Good with all veggies. Extreme pizza also a personal size pizza, wheat or gluten free crust and has soy cheese (if that's your thing). We eat pizza once a week in our house so these options work pretty good for us.
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I have pizza every couple of months. Either Cici's personal pan pizza supreme, no crust or a slice of Walmart's Deli supreme with anchovies (yes, I add them). I think a very small crustless or one slice of pizza is not going to break the diet.
  • MissMonicaC4
    MissMonicaC4 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    owfy6nqc5r91.jpeg

Vegetarian flat bread bbq "chicken" pizza I made tonight 342 calories.... It's totally possible to have pizza save up calories or make lower calorie alternatives

Recipe?? Looks yum!!!
  • leahkathleen13
    leahkathleen13 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Soak eggplant in salt water.
    Bake in oven.
    Cover with marinara sauce and Parmesan.
    Return to oven until bubbly.

If you like pizza and eggplant you will love this! It's low calorie so it fits in better than pizza but it tastes just like it. No crust tho. More of a pizza casserole.
  • sarahkanzalone
    sarahkanzalone Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    owfy6nqc5r91.jpeg

Recipe?? Looks yum!!!

I used a flat bread (fit and active from Aldis) put a little bbq sauce on it then sautéed onions, mushrooms, spring mix and red pepper. Then added Quorn Chikn cutlet. Put it all on flat bread with some low fat mozzarella and threw it in the oven for about 5 minutes it's super easy to make

• BroScience83
    BroScience83 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i no longer eat carbs as of today so idk what this "pizza" thing is you speak of