30 day Shred

Options

Replies

• deedee3732
    deedee3732 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Okay, just finished L1 of 30 day shred. All I can say is WOW. The sweat was dripping in my eyes, burning them. I am really out of shape. The good news is I think it is doable for me. 20 minutes isn't really all that much, and she really packs the intensity into it. Add this to my Leslie Sansone walk at home dvd, and I will have about 40 minutes in today, which is a great day for me!
  • deedee3732
    Options
    How do you guys log this under exercise, cardiovascular?
  • AngieMMc
    AngieMMc Posts: 152 Member
    Options

I log it as Calisthenics since that's pretty much what it is. I've seen people log it as the 30 Day Shred but I haven't figured out if they just added it on "My Exercise" or if they found something I didn't.
  • deedee3732
    Options
    I found circuit training under cardiovascular. maybe that will work...:smile:
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    Options

I created my own exercise and named it 30 Day Shred Level 1. For the calories burned I cut the calories in half from what I burn up through some of my other workouts that are longer.
  • ParisPenguin
    ParisPenguin Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I just finished day one...then some water and a cool shower. It is oppressive in my house at 85 degrees and no A/C.

This is going to be difficult for me...I think the hardest part will be dealing with the way my body feels afterwards, and the way my mind immediately goes to a panic / anxiety attack where I am convinced I am dying...

I know this will get better...this was a hard step for me to take in the first place.

Good luck with it...I know you can do it!
  • deedee3732
    Options
    Day 2 of 30 Day Shred. It felt good to get it done! Also walked a mile this morning, and did 50 crunches. I NEED to find my tape measure, or just go buy a new one, I guess! I am anxious to "measure" in as well as weigh in!
  • nicnak1981
    nicnak1981 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    i just started the 30 day shread today. got the dreaded last 10lb to lose so hoping this does the trick!
  • martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    just finished day 3 and omg my knees hurt butI did notice some of the cardio felt a little easier...just need a more supportive bra though as doing jumpin jacks one handed at the moment....lol

martyxxx
  • ParisPenguin
    Options
    Day 2 went much better for me!

I was more intent on holding my core than relying on my legs like yesterday...which is probably why my legs hurt so badly today; I was using more legs than core! Not only did I almost fall down the steps this morning...but every time I would get up from my chair my thighs burned very badly!

Does anyone else have this much pain? Am I doing something incorrectly, or do I just have to work through it?
  • sarablackstock
    Options
    Just finished Day 3 level 1 and it was good. Getting easier and easier but I feel like I need to do more than just 20 minutes...any suggestions out there?
  • nicnak1981
    nicnak1981 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    i don't feel half as bad as i thought i would today. must push a bit harder today ( day 2). don't really know what to suggest for burning thighs! no pain no gain !!

sara, could you maybe rewind one of the sections and do it twice, so your getting 26 mins?
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 3 level 1 and it was good. Getting easier and easier but I feel like I need to do more than just 20 minutes...any suggestions out there?

I have been doing Jillian's Yoga Meltdown every other day. Yesterday after day 2 I did a dance workout, just for something fun.
  • deedee3732
    Options
    I did day three last night late because I was running errands and in the car all day. I wasn't going to do it, but forced myself, and I am glad I did. Now I am just going to wait till this afternoon to do day 4. I did notice the cardio part is getting a bit easier! I did get two miles in this morning, so that is good!
  • ParisPenguin
    Options
    I wasn't able to do day 3 yesterday due to a pain in my knee (not just muscle soreness). I did it first thing this morning, and am considering doing day 4 tonight...good or bad plan?

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • mehs04
    mehs04 Posts: 184
    Options
    I started doing the Shred on 6/23 so today (6/25) was day 3 of it. I started doing the Shred a few months ago, but hurt my knee and quit. I really want to stick with it this time!
  • deedee3732
    Options
    One more day done. Ready for bed. :)
  • rsking2
    rsking2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You all inspire me. I ordered the 30 day Shred today.:flowerforyou:
  • rsking2
    rsking2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You all inspire me! I ordered the 30 day shred today. Looking forward to starting and being part of this group.

8751900.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • queenofdisney
    Options
    i JUST did my first day at level 1 and i am surprised at how much my *kitten* has been kicked! this is going to be much tougher than i thought!