Pizza???

Options
13»

Replies

• NYRhockey00
    NYRhockey00 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    i no longer eat carbs as of today so idk what this "pizza" thing is you speak of

I think its I-talian for deodorant.
  • BroScience83
    BroScience83 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i no longer eat carbs as of today so idk what this "pizza" thing is you speak of

I think its I-talian for deodorant.

THATS how you get ants
  • BroScience83
    BroScience83 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    lol
  • MissMonicaC4
    MissMonicaC4 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    owfy6nqc5r91.jpeg

Vegetarian flat bread bbq "chicken" pizza I made tonight 342 calories.... It's totally possible to have pizza save up calories or make lower calorie alternatives

Recipe?? Looks yum!!!

I used a flat bread (fit and active from Aldis) put a little bbq sauce on it then sautéed onions, mushrooms, spring mix and red pepper. Then added Quorn Chikn cutlet. Put it all on flat bread with some low fat mozzarella and threw it in the oven for about 5 minutes it's super easy to make

Thanks do much!
  • colors_fade
    colors_fade Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    sawyeram wrote: »
    Why cut it out? Pizza hut personal pan pizza, light cheese, crushed tomato pizza sauce, and grilled chicken. Each slice is 130 calories, that 520 calories for the entire thing. Check out Pizza Hut's nutritional calculator and play around with the toppings you like. You might be surprised what you can fit into your plan. :smile:

@sawyeram I think I :heart: you!
    OMG! I'm having a NON CAULIFLOWER PIZZA TONIGHT!!!!

Yep. No reason to give it up. Like anything else, just count the calories.

I just switched to a *mostly vegan* diet about five weeks ago as a way to help reduce my unbelievably high cholesterol levels. I have two things I haven't cut out: cheese (only on pizza) and shrimp. I go veggie pizza now, and limit to two slices. It's pretty good motivation to get get some extra pedometer steps so I can have a slice.
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I'm also among those who haven't cut it out. But I do appreciate that it can be tempting to eat more than I should.

For me, I usually follow one of three plans:

1) Buy a single small, personal-sized pizza at the grocery store and heat it up at home.

2) Get a bigger pizza on Friday night and spread it out through the weekend.

3) Back when I was near a Papa Johns (although this may work for any kind of pizza place with online ordering), I would customize my order with thin crust, light cheese, extra sauce, and then tailor the toppings to my desires. Thin crust means fewer calories from the bread. Light cheese means fewer calories from that. More sauce means more lycopene (helpful for things like avoiding prostate cancer and protecting against sunburn). Then the toppings are where I can choose what additional calories I'm willing to accept.

If you take some time, you can probably make it a pretty healthy meal.
  • howekaren
    howekaren Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm also a fan of the Flat-out Flatbreads, in particular the Protein-up/Carb-down version and the Italian Herb. I also use Butterball Turkey Pepperoni (pretty low cal), and skim mozzarella to save on calories. Throw on some veggies a favourite sauce and bake. That and a salad makes a really satisfying meal for me.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I haven't made those flat out pizzas in a while. Thanks for the reminder! It's on the grocery list now. I love making these for lunch for me and my kids.
  • fenharels
    fenharels Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Boiling around five potatoes, then mashing them up, forming them into pizza base and baking that in the oven before adding your toppings is something I've seen a lot. I definitely want to try that out soon.
  • jaynee7283
    jaynee7283 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My husband made his homemade double-layer deep dish all-the-meats pizza this weekend (he hasn't made it in a couple years, so this was a special occasion!). I went to the gym early in the day and burned many, many calories, and also saved nearly ALL my daily calories so that I could enjoy that pizza without a worry in the world.

It was amazing and well worth being my only meal of the day other than an english muffin for breakfast.

No reason to cut out pizza at all if you work it into your daily limit and/or plan for it.
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Papa Murphy's vegetarian thin crust FTW!

For the occasional treat, I go for a slice (maybe two, if I've had a big run that day) of Costco's combo or pepperoni.
  • kyleliermann
    kyleliermann Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I miss pizza! Have any of you found any yummy healthy, low cal alternatives to satisfy that pizza craving? Please and thank you!

Yea use ground cauliflower as crust
  • sbl1881
    sbl1881 Posts: 213 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Not sure if you have a Papa Romano's locally, but I will either splurge if I have a "real" pizza craving and get a mini bambino 4 slice (720 calories total), or for regular pizza cravings, I'll just get an Amy's frozen cheese pizza. Sometimes you just need good pizza and I'm never satisfied making my own.
  • Becca_250
    Becca_250 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    We get takeaway pizza once a fortnight, we get a BOGOF deal or similar, other half not counting calories gets what he wants on his. I'll get a thin base, light cheese, some veggies like pepper or mushroom and either some chicken or ham. Preferably skip the dip/sides/desserts entirely.

This part might sound a bit controversial but aside from swapping the toppings I found the thing that helps me the most is using a knife and fork to eat it... Before I could scoff the whole pizza with my hands before I've even realised. If I use a knife and fork I can only eat a third of the pizza before I feel satisfied enough to stop, just by taking the time to slow down and enjoy each mouthful I find it really helps. Even more so if I put some salad on a plate and eat it with that too. I realise this is mostly in my head and if I just took the time to eat slower with my hands it would probably be the same but it works for me! And it means I can get three meals out of one pizza that was already free with the deal (though to be honest OH usually finishes it off the next day)!
  • Sheri2016
    Sheri2016 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I've found that the sandwich thins make awesome pizza if you would like a bit thicker crust than a tortilla.