Almond milk in coffee

Options
2»

Replies

• Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    And here I thought I was weird because I can't stand almond milk in coffee. Good to know I'm not alone!
    I do enjoy coconut milk in my coffee
  • MinmoInk
    MinmoInk Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    OP isn't asking for opinions lol, op was wondering if almond milk kept in a flask would spoil or go off. Sorry I can't answer that but maybe the ones in a box off the shelf would be better to test out?
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    Why, please tell me why would you put almond milk in a nice, good cup of coffee? :#

I like my coffee black with Splenda and I don"t like almond milk in anything.

Using your logic, why would you spoil a good cup of coffee with Splenda? Just curious.

Splenda doesn't affect the taste of my coffee but any kind of milk does. Did I satisfy your curiosity?

Yes.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    I've been lactose challenged and using almond milk for years, just not in coffee. I stick to half n half (no sweetener) and it's the one concession I make on my paleo plan, other than the very occasional slice of a really good cheese on a burger. To answer your question, almond milk generally keeps better than cow's milk, because it is made from nuts. It will go bad but not in the course of a day. When I was eating cereal, I used to carry a couple of cups of almond milk in a mason jar in my lunch bag and it was fine.
    If you really need to use something in your coffee besides dairy, there are several good coconut cream coffee creamers available as well as numerous recipes online to make your own.

Good luck!
  • SciranBG
    SciranBG Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    drwilseyjr wrote: »
    Almond milk is such a ridiculous waste in the first place.

You can also get almond meal/ almond flour out of the process. Its such a PITA to make home made, but I don't see why it would matter on an industrial scale.

Considering how popular almond milk is i'm surprised how hard it is to find almost flour.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    MinmoInk wrote: »
    OP isn't asking for opinions lol, op was wondering if almond milk kept in a flask would spoil or go off. Sorry I can't answer that but maybe the ones in a box off the shelf would be better to test out?

Once you open a box of shelf-stable milk or non-dairy substitute, you have to refrigerate it. The product inside the box doesn't have any special staying power after it has been opened.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    Why, please tell me why would you put almond milk in a nice, good cup of coffee? :#

I like my coffee black with Splenda and I don"t like almond milk in anything.

Using your logic, why would you spoil a good cup of coffee with Splenda? Just curious.

Splenda doesn't affect the taste of my coffee but any kind of milk does. Did I satisfy your curiosity?

If it doesn't affect the taste of the coffee, what's the point of adding it?
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Vanilla almond milk goes really good with hazelnut flavored coffee. The two nutty flavors compIiment each other great. I switched to almond milk instead of creamer and sugar and fake sweeteners and its helped me save a lot of calories this way. I like the way it tastes. It shouldn't change in a flask.. i put my coffee concoction in a thermos daily and its tastes the same.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Love almond and soy milk in my coffee!
    Yes it will go bad if left un-refrigerated.

However, every single morning I add soy or almond creamer to my coffee at 6am and it sits in my car (not in the sun) and I drink it around 3pm and it's fine.
  • MissMonicaC4
    MissMonicaC4 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    vingogly wrote: »
    I use cream and cream only in my coffee. The few extra calories and grams of fat are worth it to me. I like almond milk and coconut milk to drink or on my oatmeal or in smoothies, but not in my coffee or tea.

Same here!
  • KarlynKeto
    KarlynKeto Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Sorry just to be clear. It works for me in coffee. It was the almond milk in coffee in a flask I was curious about.... I'm guessing as it is clearly sonewhat of an aquired taste I'm probably going to need to experiment for myself....

There is a creamer made from almond milk you can buy, you might enjoy it. (But add me to the long list of folks who doesn't like it, lol)