Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Interesting (single) study linking breast cancer recurrence with length of overnight fasting

Replies

• Pinkylee77Pinkylee77 Posts: 432Member Member Posts: 432Member Member
    I read that "study" it really isn't a study and they conclude that a study needs to be done. It was mostly about hgA1C. The headline is very misleading
  • AnnPT77AnnPT77 Posts: 12,111Member Member Posts: 12,111Member Member
    http://oncology.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=2506710

Not all that meaty, IMO, but interesting.

(I'm a 15-year survivor of stage III BC, FWIW. Purely anecdotally - i.e., from reactions I've heard in support groups - the majority of women who "just wish there was more they could do to make sure it doesn't come back" seem to reject exercise & diet interventions, sadly. I don't know whether they seem just too hard/unrealistic in folks' lifestyles, or are not high tech enough. Enough science behind the value of good nutrition & regular exercise, as ways to minimize recurrence, to make them worth doing, though, IMO.)
  • Pinkylee77Pinkylee77 Posts: 432Member Member Posts: 432Member Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    http://oncology.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=2506710

Not all that meaty, IMO, but interesting.

(I'm a 15-year survivor of stage III BC, FWIW. Purely anecdotally - i.e., from reactions I've heard in support groups - the majority of women who "just wish there was more they could do to make sure it doesn't come back" seem to reject exercise & diet interventions, sadly. I don't know whether they seem just too hard/unrealistic in folks' lifestyles, or are not high tech enough. Enough science behind the value of good nutrition & regular exercise, as ways to minimize recurrence, to make them worth doing, though, IMO.)

20 year survivor here of breast cancer stage 2A. I was thin and fit at the time I was diagnosed. Chemo did a number on my metabolism. I tell my patients at there survivorship visit about the importance of diet and exercise on risk reduction I don't know one person who exercises. I try to stay fit and be a good example not easy with some health issues I have. It seems people often would rather sit and worry rather than be proactive. I live in Appalachia and people then to be more fatalistic.
    Congratulations!