Worried about sagging skin? Here's a way to fix it.

Options
A lot of people worry about sagging skin from losing weight. There are a few things that you can do to help take care of your skin. Your skin is the largest organ on your body. You need to hydrate it and give it what it needs. I would suggest getting a multivitamin to help your body repair itself and keep it healthy. Another thing you need to do is drink A LOT of water. Your body is 70% water so you need to give your body what it needs. Another thing your body needs is a good lotion. A lot of people like to use stretch mark creams and anti cellulite creams. But if you have ever used stretch mark or anti cellulite cream, you may have had an experience like mine. It seems like the cream really works but doesn't last very long. I thought that I might thin it out and make it it last longer. I mixed it with lotion to make it last longer. It may not be as strong but then I could use it for months and have it work on my skin slowly. This is my recipe for lotion.

1. Mederma stretch mark therapy. It costs 35-40 dollars or you can buy the store brand that is the same stuff in a different bottle. You need one bottle of this stuff.

2. You will also need one bottle of Nivea Good-Bye Cellulite Gel-Cream. This will cost about 15-18 dollars, depending on how where you buy it.

3. You will also need 2 or 3 bottles of hypoallergenic lotion, it depends on how much you want to dilute the anti stretch mark and anti cellulite cream. I used Aveeno sensitive skin lotion and Dial NutriSkin Replenishing Lotion Dry Skin. You could use any lotion you want.

Mix the lotions in a bowl and put them back in the bottles. You can store this stuff and use it for months. So far its been a month and I am 2/3rd's of the way through my first bottle of lotion. I still have two more in my closet.

Replies

• GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    that's a cool idea. thanks 4 the heads up :smile:
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Oh nice. I don't have that problem, but it's a common issue on here that people are constantly asking for advice with. Thanks for posting!
  • mandysue1980
    mandysue1980 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    This is such a good idea! I have been using Olay Total Effects body wash and body lotion and even though it's not for stretch marks mine are alot less purple now and I have been using it for about a month. It also make your skin so soft, my 13 yo daughter commented on how soft my skin looked the other day. :)
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    bump
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Nice, I have always had oily skin till being older so I am a newbie when it comes to lotions. Exercise is the other thing for that has worked for me so far.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    BUMP - great advice, thanks!
  • Lauriee2014
    Lauriee2014 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    How does your skin look using the mix of these products? Can you see a significant improvement?

I've heard cocoa butter works and I have to say it has for me. I used to use a stick- pure cocoa butter- on stomach stretch marks. Now I use a thick cocoa butter cream that has Vitamin E. The reddish purple color is gone.. they are mainly white-ish now and fading.

What also works, say for stretch marks under your arms, sides of breasts, etc. is to try and fill that area with muscle. Just the other day I was looking to see what my skin looked like under my arms and to my *delight* [in the fullest sense of the word] they are nearly gone! Yes, gone!

I've always put lotion on at night..and so the cocoa butter has become a nightly ritual.. now that I'm older, I've added a great Mary Kay night cream for my eyes.. and something for my lips. It becomes second nature and one day you'll notice..it's changed without you even realizing it! :)
  • dvusk
    dvusk Posts: 21
    Options
    Awesome, thanks! My wife has been dying for a solution to her post pregnancy tummy stretch. I'll get her to try this and we'll see if it works!
  • kirianna55
    kirianna55 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Before I started using this mix, my skin was really dry and my stretch marks were really noticeable. I also have eczema and really bad acne. I haven't had a break out since I started using this stuff. My skin is starting to smooth out a little bit. My boyfriend has also been commenting on how soft my skin has been getting. My stretch marks are also slowly fading away. Using Cocoa butter might be another thing you could use in your lotion.
  • jenneyd
    jenneyd Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    *like*
  • CommittohealthCHANGED
    CommittohealthCHANGED Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • bbush18
    bbush18 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    good to know...thanks for sharing!
  • Melimonkey
    Melimonkey Posts: 34
    Options
    bump great idea
  • kirianna55
    kirianna55 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Another thing I forget to mention is Exfoliation. You should buy some sort of scrubby to for the shower. According to multiple sources, Expatiating your skin pulls of the dead skin and helps your skin be healthier.
  • RubyRed1999
    RubyRed1999 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Sounds good.
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I wonder what would happen if you mix one of those gradual self tanning lotions in also.
  • LJV1031
    LJV1031 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Awesome post. I will share with a friend who's been complaining about her post-pregnancy marks!!! =D
  • PhoenixRising17
    PhoenixRising17 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I will def have to try this out because that is something I am definitely concerned about once I lose all this weight!
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    i will have to say to be honest in the end i have lost up to almost 200 pounds and one thing people ask is where is my loose skin and the thing i tell them there is truly nothing in a bottle. waste of money. It just time. your fat cells are going to be shifting a lot an that just a natural part of losing weight so a lot of time and waiting is really what going to get you the best results. Fat or not yous skin should always stay moisturize that just a thing to keep beautiful in my opinion. but genes genetics, age and all that stuff will be the real deal when it comes to loose skin no matter how much cream you use. each passing year my body just started to look better and better and lifting weights helps. i do use coconut oil and cocoa cream and exfoliate just mostly because it keeps me looking smooth and supply it way cheaper and women been using it in my family for years and i have aunts well over in age and look just stunning.