flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    bikini-body1.jpg

That's funny!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Staying at a hotel next week and I'll be wearing a two piece suit. When I first transitioned into maintenance it was a big deal to wear a swimsuit at all but now a few years into it, swimsuits aren't not even a thing I think about (I just need to find the darn thing before we leave lol). I don't really exercise either but I'm happy with how I look, and my husband didn't like it when I had pronounced ab/back definition back when I did strength training, so it's all good :)

I will admit that I hate wearing bathing suits, period. I go swimming maybe once every other year and I always start crying while trying on suits. That's with a pretty conservative Lands' End type of suit. Trying on a bikini might do me in.

I have a halter style top (Old Navy), that I wear with a skirted bottom (Target). Before I lost the weight I wore t-shirts and shorts, so when I hit my first goal weight I made myself get a swimsuit. And then I wore it under a cover up the entire summer :p It was hard to get over that hurdle mentally, but I'm now to the point in my life where I'm finally comfortable in my 37 year old/mom of 3 kids/lost a lot of weight skin :)

Two falls ago was the first I'd tried on suits since I lost my big chunk of weight. I thought I'd do a lot better but I still had fitting room tears. There's definitely a mental hurdle still. I still have abdominal fat/skin issues, which I hope that losing a bit more weight will help with, so maybe there's hope for me yet? :blush:
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    After 2 skin cancers, and at my age (59), here is my bathing suit. Add a sunhat and I am ready to go. :D

p9qq4omwsmqp.jpg

Note: I also do not have a figure like this!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Currently need to buy one that fits better.

I think this year I might go for a higher waist cut on the bottoms. Just wanting it to be high enough to cover my lower abdomen (which the look of has been bothering me recently).
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    After 2 skin cancers, and at my age (59), here is my bathing suit. Add a sunhat and I am ready to go. :D

p9qq4omwsmqp.jpg

Note: I also do not have a figure like this!

Heh, I thought you were saying this was you, at first, and was amazed that you were 59.

Anyway, I'm more of a one-piece person, and really fair-skinned/prone to burning/used to northern climates so I also cover up when not in the water.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    bikini-body1.jpg

Yes, I am.
  • HollandOats
    HollandOats Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm more focused on getting ready for a big week long cycling event in July... hopefully the training for which will also help me feel a little more confident in my bikinis I bought from Vicky's during the annual sale... I'll wear em either way though.
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Hah, not even close! But I burn so badly anyway, so going out in public in anything less than a full body suit and a wide brimmed hat usually ends fairly poorly for me.
  • AnthonyThrashD_
    AnthonyThrashD_ Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately for the folks around me, ready or not, I will be at the pool & beach :(
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    I avoid direct ab work because I have an umbilical hernia that didn't get fixed properly. But I have definition in my stomach area.

I do:
    Run 10k-15k per week interval or tempo
    Cycle 60-100k pw
    Swim...some
    Squat
    Hip thrust and glute bridge
    Walking lunges
    Deadlift
    Chest fly
    Anything I can think of that fits 45 minutes!
    Glute activation and yoga
    Walking.

To be honest though, it's mostly the calorie counting, I've kept myself under 20% body fat for a while.
  • Mike02209
    Mike02209 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    If I could just decide on what color bikini to get, and where the tan lines will be.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    flippy1234 wrote: »
    Am I ready? Hell no.
    Just started with a personal trainer. Cut out wine, well, mostly...and eating well. We shall see what happens!?!?!

Absolutely ! Im not bikini ready yet either so we can all work together and post our progress along the way !

Yeah, the first thing I was going to say is that you're definitely not bikini ready. Work on that, please...

Aaaaaaaaaand that was sarcasm.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Hey all ! So i started out here back in February at 217. I am now down to 192.5 and am so proud of myself. However, i am NOT ready for bikini season. I would like to get down to about 160 by the end of June as i am going to the waterpark capital of the world. I am working on loosing the extra pounds and tonight up my body !!! I hope all of you would like to join me on getting bikini season ready by shaping our glutes, and toning our tummy, thighs, and arms!!! Ill start by posting my favourite tummy exercises and i hope all of you can post your exercises that you enjoy as well !!

ABS ON FIRE:
    -12 russian twists
    -12 bicycle crunches
    -12 plank jacks
    -12 regular crunch
    -12 leg raises
    -12 bosu ball crunches
    Repeat 3-4 times

I usually do this at the end of my workout! So if i am doing arms that day, i will start out with my entire arm workout. Then do my abs, then hit some kind of cardio. Either a 20 minute jog , bicycle, cybex, or elliptical !!! Please comment with your favourite workouts!!!

Not there yet! Everyone says that I am, but in my mind, I still have a way to go (which is unfortunate because this weekend is my first beach weekend of the season). My ultimate goal is to build my booty a little more, focus more on back instead of just arms/shoulders and continue my ab circuit (similar to yours, actually + roller, ball-knee ups and 25 lb. plate double crunch) on upper body days in order to get in ideal shape. I have 84 days until I go to Croatia (on a boat for 9-days, needless to say I HAVE to be bikini ready) so I'm really hoping that with the addition of strict daily cardio and not eating back exercise calories (what I'm counting as a "cut") I get a lot more definition by then!
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I am! Kind of...I never, ever thought I would be happy enough with my weight or comfortable enough in my own skin to wear a bikini so now I'm close to my goal weight I can't weight to wear one. In fact I've bought two!
    I burn really easily so I'll probably wear it for about ten minutes and then cover up in a neck-to-ankle size kaftan.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Hey all ! So i started out here back in February at 217. I am now down to 192.5 and am so proud of myself. However, i am NOT ready for bikini season. I would like to get down to about 160 by the end of June as i am going to the waterpark capital of the world. I am working on loosing the extra pounds and tonight up my body !!! I hope all of you would like to join me on getting bikini season ready by shaping our glutes, and toning our tummy, thighs, and arms!!! Ill start by posting my favourite tummy exercises and i hope all of you can post your exercises that you enjoy as well !!

ABS ON FIRE:
    -12 russian twists
    -12 bicycle crunches
    -12 plank jacks
    -12 regular crunch
    -12 leg raises
    -12 bosu ball crunches
    Repeat 3-4 times

I usually do this at the end of my workout! So if i am doing arms that day, i will start out with my entire arm workout. Then do my abs, then hit some kind of cardio. Either a 20 minute jog , bicycle, cybex, or elliptical !!! Please comment with your favourite workouts!!!

Not there yet! Everyone says that I am, but in my mind, I still have a way to go (which is unfortunate because this weekend is my first beach weekend of the season). My ultimate goal is to build my booty a little more, focus more on back instead of just arms/shoulders and continue my ab circuit (similar to yours, actually + roller, ball-knee ups and 25 lb. plate double crunch) on upper body days in order to get in ideal shape. I have 84 days until I go to Croatia (on a boat for 9-days, needless to say I HAVE to be bikini ready) so I'm really hoping that with the addition of strict daily cardio and not eating back exercise calories (what I'm counting as a "cut") I get a lot more definition by then!

That's basically not how to gain definition......
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm not remotely ready because my bikini bottoms are too baggy in the butt and I haven't had time for swimsuit shopping yet. Looking forward to sharing my stretch marks and floppy extra stomach skin with the world, though!
  • AmandaJuneFit
    AmandaJuneFit Posts: 134 Member
    Options

ABS ON FIRE:
    -12 russian twists
    -12 bicycle crunches
    -12 plank jacks
    -12 regular crunch
    -12 leg raises
    -12 bosu ball crunches
    Repeat 3-4 times

You Go girl !!!
  • marylemay
    marylemay Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    No, i have my 'vanity' weight to take off. Ive got a half marathon to train for and an aerial show so im hoping theyll come off with extra effort on the food front... What are plank jacks? I like your line up, I think I should integrate them in with my routine.
  • AmandaJuneFit
    AmandaJuneFit Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    marylemay wrote: »
    No, i have my 'vanity' weight to take off. Ive got a half marathon to train for and an aerial show so im hoping theyll come off with extra effort on the food front... What are plank jacks? I like your line up, I think I should integrate them in with my routine.

Plank jacks are like jumping jack except you are planking - only your feet are moving in a jumping jack motion! You tube it ! Kills your abs !! try to do the workout at the end of your regular workout routine and you will start to see results !!!
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    :D:D I'm surprised at how many really gorgeous bodies I'm seeing on the profile pics in this post stating that they are nowhere near ready for bikinis. :( I would kill just to have the body you all have now.