Replies

• mazziemom
    mazziemom Posts: 21
    Options
    444 done. That was fun!:smile:
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,946 Member
    Options
    I walked up and down the main stairs in my house and put 1 foot on each step and counted each step I took up the stairs and down the stairs. Wasn't sure if the down steps counted.

Anyway, I did a total of 454 up and down steps in 5 minutes and 6 seconds so I am impressed with that as I didn't think I would be able to do it at all, especially after doing no exercise for 4 days.

Should I have only counted the up steps or does going down the stairs count as steps too?

I used a stop watch when I did mine so I logged mine under cardiovascular exercise under "Stair-treadmill ergometer, general".

Think I will go do more stairs incase the down steps didn't count.
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    We don't have any stairs at my house, but I do have the Wii Fit Plus balance board (like a little aerobic step), so I'll do the Free Step game on that. I did it yesterday and did over 1000 steps, so that will be my mini challenge for today.

I'll report back later with my total.

Just finished my 10 minutes of Free Step on the Wii Fit Plus. I did 1146 steps.
  • inshapeCK
    Options
    I am off to do 400 more steps in case the down steps didn't count. My legs are shaky when standing up so we'll see how I do.
  • inshapeCK
    Options
    I just did 484 or 474 more in 5 minutes and 3 seconds. Legs have had enough and so have I! Great accomplisment and burn for me though.

Summary: Did 928 or 938 up and down steps on my stairs in 10 minutes and 9 seconds.

I liked this challenge even though my legs did not but they will like it when they look slim and toned down the road!
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    We have a flight of 13 stairs (mentally I rounded it down to ten), and I did those up and down 15 times. Then I did 250 step up and downs on my stepstool. Now all I have to be able to do is get back up the stairs again for bed tonight! :huh:
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I'll try....but i'm in.
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I did 4 sets of 8 flights (2 for each floor and there were 4 floors) that is 73 steps equaling 292 so far for the day :wink:

I am walking then and it takes me a full minute to go up the 73. So I am logging it with Stair-treadmill ergometer, general.
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Managed to get in 325 steps. Wish I had seen this challange earlier in the day. I didn't think you were doing them any more. I'll have to start looking for your challenges in the mornings again.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    If there's 400 stairs in 35 flights of stairs, then I TOTALLY DID THIS TODAY! I was on the stairmaster and all I could think about was this Mini-Challenge!!!!
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I did 4 sets of 8 flights (2 for each floor and there were 4 floors) that is 73 steps equaling 292 so far for the day :wink:

I am walking then and it takes me a full minute to go up the 73. So I am logging it with Stair-treadmill ergometer, general.

I get to add more for after work activities.... 20 sets of 17 steps and then 30 more sets of those same 17 :wink: that equals 1142 seps if my math is right!
  • luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I did it!! 19 sets on my home stairs - 12 steps - counting going up only :)
  • bubblesburst80
    bubblesburst80 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    i've been up our homes steps over 20 times - i gave up counting, there are 14 steps and i didn't count going down