What's your best little tip that has helped you?

Options

Replies

• Officially_Rosey
    Officially_Rosey Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    famousmel wrote: »
    I stopped 'bargaining' with myself. If I say I'm going to do something, I do it. No sleeping 10 more minutes or only working out 30 minutes instead of 40 b/c of the weather. I could talk myself out of anything. That means I should be able to talk myself INTO anything, right? :)

Hmmm, I need to use this tip in other aspects of my life. It would be a good approach in putting an end to my bad habit of procrastination :smiley:
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I love cooking so one of the tricks was; Try out new recipes, but then ones with a low calorie count and lots of veggies. It is how we discovered the spiralizer but also a vegetable mainly dish which started it life as throw left overs together with chickpeas. Since the calorie count is very low we eat it very often now.
  • TexasPaige
    TexasPaige Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I put a different fruit in my water every day (rotating through). I try different combos. Today is strawberries. I also like strawberries and oranges. I cut up the fruit and put it in mason jars in my fridge, ready to go at any time.
  • travelgirl77
    travelgirl77 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    What a fun thread! Through some trial and error I found that when I ate breakfast, I generally wanted to eat more throughout the day. So, I usually fast until about noon each day and when I break that fast, I do it with a piece or pieces of some type of chocolate candy (some m&ms, a miniature bar, etc). I look forward to this every single day and I exercise fasted so I don't get this treat until after that is complete. I go on with my normal meal type eating after this. I don't know why it works, but it does.

My second tip is that I have to drink at least 48 ounces of water before I can have my coffee or any other drinks. I feel like it flushes me out
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    These are all great!
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I find I saw 'today is just one day' or Tomorrow is another day' ... especially if I have not worked out or if I am even slightly over my cals for the day. This really helps me keep a good perspective on this.

Before one bad day and I would sabotage for a week. No more of that!!

Edited to add: Just checked a report and every time I have exceeded my net calories it has only been for one day and it does not happen a lot !
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I do that too!
    valente347 wrote: »
    When I don't feel like working out I'll tell myself it's ok just to go easy or finish early. Once I get started though, I usually do the whole routine. :)

• eman460
    eman460 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i try pop corn in evening as i have been told it doesnt count for bad evening eating it fills stomach and counts less goodie
  • HannahInHawaii
    HannahInHawaii Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    famousmel wrote: »
    I stopped 'bargaining' with myself. If I say I'm going to do something, I do it. No sleeping 10 more minutes or only working out 30 minutes instead of 40 b/c of the weather. I could talk myself out of anything. That means I should be able to talk myself INTO anything, right? :)

Love that. I started using a new motto for 2016. "Lose The Lazy." It's helped me a lot!
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I "treat" myself to a Quest bar or ONE bar each day (usually twice a day) to get my protein in and kick that craving for sweet treats.

Another tip that actually helped me a lot was to focus on getting my body weight in protein (i.e. 110 lbs = 110 grams), that's when I saw the most results with building muscle and definition.

Pre-logging is a great thing to do. Helps you stay on track.
  • Miles_to_Go
    Miles_to_Go Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've been going off the rails since last summer with unintended Maintenance. Maybe it will help to remind me what I did early on...

* Chewing sugar free gum seems to help when I'm bored at work on the computer. I have a problems with snacking. Still struggling with it when I'm at home.
    * Also drinking Crystal Light lemonade when it's hot out and I'm craving something sweet.
    * Cut down on the amount of carbohydrates I was eating (pastries, cakes, potato chips, bread, rice, pasta - that was the majority of my food before). Try to increase protein intake to feel fuller.
    * I recently joined a gym to try and break out of my exercise rut. It's too easy to get comfortable with a routine, so this as been a fun way to get re-energized about exercising. Normally I'm not a "joiner" - I don't like signing up for group activities, but this has been pretty fun.
  • Miles_to_Go
    Miles_to_Go Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Also - early on I kept singing the "Just keep swimming" song from Finding Nemo.
    It kept me going when I was really struggling to get started.
  • LillysMomma09
    LillysMomma09 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Love this!

I do my best to never eat all of my workout calories, to always have at least half of them left at the end of the day.

Being kind to myself has been hard to adapt to and I'm still trying. We're gonna have bad days, beating yourself up over it doesn't make it any easier. Just get right back on track the next day.

I plan all my food for the whole day first thing in the morning. This way if something does come up and I'm offered a cookie or whatever I know I have wiggle room and it won't throw me over for the day.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!