Trying to Loose Weight AND Conceive...

Options
I am fairly new here and would love some friends that are trying to get pregnant during their weight loss journey (of course any supportive friends are welcome).

I have a one year old after 10 years of trying and I am hoping that #2 is not too far off. I know that safely loosing weight will help me with everything.

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Dskwon
    Dskwon Posts: 17
    Options
    Lose weight. Not "loose".
  • bjenny12345
    bjenny12345 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Luckily the grammar police are in your area. Geeesh! lol
  • morawjo
    morawjo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    OMG...Dskwon...are you for real? Seriously...the grammar police need to chill out.
  • Starleng1
    Starleng1 Posts: 142
    Options

That was rather rude. I bet no one runs to you for any kind of support.
  • Mystic_Potato
    Mystic_Potato Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    :( so sorry it is what I get for trying to type on a phone.
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options

REALLY?!? I mean, really?? You couldn't just comment on the subject...I'm also a grammar fanatic and it bugs me, but I don't correct anyone b/c that's annoying....

Anyway, sorry, suzanne...to post on your topic but not have anything constructive....I hope you are able to find the friends going through the same thing as you are...Good luck on your journey and conceiving...
  • kellymarie619
    Options
    Dskwon has been a member since January and the only two posts were grammar correction. So I don't think his/her heart is in the right place here. Please ignore, and while I don't have any advice on ttc, I wish you good luck on your journey.
  • morawjo
    morawjo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    No need to be sorry Suzanne. Clearly we aren't all as perfect as Dskwon. ;-)
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the boards! I promise you 99.9% of people here are not as rude as the first poster :smile:

I'm not currently trying to conceive, but I do want to lose weight so I'll be able to have a healthy pregnancy in the future.

I remember seeing a TTC group here not long ago, so I hope one of them contacts you.

best of luck in your new try!
  • muffindowd
    muffindowd Posts: 55
    Options
    My husband and I are "not NOT trying" to conceive while I lose weight. We'll be happy whenever we get pregnant, but I would like to lose some more weight first ideally. I am going to friend you!!
  • Terri_74
    Terri_74 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have a little girl who is 10 and I have been trying to conceive since then. Hopefully by getting myself healthy will improve my chances. I would be happy to support you along the way and hope that you get your wish :flowerforyou:
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options

Grow up and get over it.. You knew what she mean't.
    If you don't have ANYTHING nice to say - then DON'T say it at all.....
    That phrase is older than BOTH OF US!
  • sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I am with you 100%! My BMI is 38 and we haven't officially started trying, but pregnancy is my main goal in losing weight!! Feel free to add me!!!:heart:
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Though I am not trying to conceive during my weight loss (unless something changes with my current BF like a wedding lol) my goal is to get to a healthy weight and muscle tone to hopefully have a VBAC with my next pregnancy! FOrtunantly I have my OBGYN uncle to advise me as I go (even when I get annoying) you are definently doing a great thing trying to get healthy while trying to conceive
  • BronzeLady
    BronzeLady Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm also trying to lose weight so that I can conceive my second child. I was trying for years and decided to put it on the back burner until I get close to my goal weight! We're not 'trying' now, but we're also not trying to 'not try', lol! Did that make any sense, haha!

4251389.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • MZGEE1
    MZGEE1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Suzann...I became a member for the same reason. I have been ttc for 6yrs now and I have a 11yr old and a 8yr old. I am sending baby dust your way. Good luck
  • brneydgrlie
    brneydgrlie Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I am fairly new here and would love some friends that are trying to get pregnant during their weight loss journey (of course any supportive friends are welcome).

I have a one year old after 10 years of trying and I am hoping that #2 is not too far off. I know that safely loosing weight will help me with everything.

Feel free to add me as a friend, if you like. :smile: I am also TTC and lose weight. I have PCOS, so losing weight is crucial to both my overall health and fertility. Good luck with your journey!
  • Tinan76
    Tinan76 Posts: 56 Member
    Options

This is a topic I dont believe anyone here is capable of answering. You will find a lot of great support, but this really is something you need to talk about with your OBGYN. Good luck (sorry on phone. Missed previous post)
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options

Best of everything to you..I am not trying ttc but I am looking to drop weight if you like feel free to friend me :)
  • sarahnicole218
    Options
    Welcome to the boards! I promise you 99.9% of people here are not as rude as the first poster :smile:

I'm not currently trying to conceive, but I do want to lose weight so I'll be able to have a healthy pregnancy in the future.

I remember seeing a TTC group here not long ago, so I hope one of them contacts you.

best of luck in your new try!

I am in the same boat as this person! My ultimate "reward" is that my husband and I will stary "trying" or at least not preventing pregnancy, once I am living the healthy lifestyle I think will support the pregnancy. Good luck with everything! I'm sending well wishes :)