Vent/rant-so mad and frustrated with myself

Options
124»

Replies

• Quinn_Baker
    Quinn_Baker Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I started my journey at 246, and lost down to 194. I went on a vacation to visit my family in Florida and never recovered after that.. here I was again last month at 240.
    I totally get it! It sucks, but it isn't over until it's over!!
    If you did it once, you can do it again!!
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I think it is rare for someone to just lose weight once and never gain some back and have to make a bit of a recovery. We learn about ourselves and we learn about what works for us every time we do. Eventually we just say enough is enough and change our lifestyle forever and accept that we may have to keep what we have to stay cognizant of our weight the rest of our lives, but it really isn't that big a deal. It is better than gaining the weight back.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I can relate. My boyfriend just moved in a month ago. I had already quit logging my food but feel like I need to start doing all that again. I don't have a computer at home.. he brought one but likes to carry it with him when he is gone and.doesn't leave it set up.. I don't wanna ask to use it so not getting back into tracking like I need to. I will have a computer again soon though.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Weighing food is for some people very normal.
    Think of professions like a chef.

But also i noticed that in Holland a lot of people find it totally normal to weigh their food and also not eyeball their recipes. Not all dont get me wrong. But it seems to be more "normal" to watch/count/weigh their food.

And dont feel weird... Don't care what others think even. It is your health. You have to carry the excess weight around. That you want to lose the weight is your choice and life. Nobodies elses.

And you didn't fail, you stopped doing what your doing so you know how to get back on track

Good luck and just ...DOT IT!!!!!
  • valeriebelle2
    valeriebelle2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Your not 260!!! You accomplished 30 pounds. Be happy.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Your not 260!!! You accomplished 30 pounds. Be happy.

Except I can't think of it like that for some reason.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    You should be proud you are starting NOW. Boy do I wish I had restarted in the middle of my regain in the past...

In 2013 I lost about 20 lbs from 180 to 160. Then 2014 and 2015 I shot up to 210. The heaviest I'd ever been in my life. No major stressing events or life changing anything, just me getting lazy. I stopped running but kept eating like I still was, maybe even worse. If only I had stopped at 180. I became one of those people that gains more than they lost to begin with.

So yeah, get back on the horse, get your sh- together again, but also aknowledge that you DID start to work on this before it wiped out ALL your progress. And next time, you won't let it get this far. Next time maybe it will be 5 lbs and you'll readjust and get back on the horse, you know? Every time is a learning experience. Feel proud you are taking control now, I sure wish I had done so sooner last time.
  • MikeAV8s
    MikeAV8s Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    size102b wrote: »
    Everyone should weigh and measure food and drink how could you possibly know how much your eating by looking lol
    Blanket statements like "everyone", "no one", "always", "never" etc. aren't very helpful and are generally just wrong. Just like this instance. There are many, many people who don't need to do it. Many who "need" to in the beginning learn what a portion looks like and no longer "need" to.
  • vmsolko
    vmsolko Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have to disagree with the fact that anyone who loves you will not judge the things it takes to keep the weight off.

I have a couple of people in my life that love me, but they aren't okay with their own health/looks/etc, so they judge what I do to keep the weight off and stay healthy. I've gotten eye rolls aplenty when weighing my food or checking the calories on something or saying something isn't worth the calories to me when pushed to eat something. It happens. Do I wish those people could/would be more supportive? Yes. But do I let it sidetrack me or feel bad about it? No. That is more about them than it is about me.

And the sister that judged my food scale and daily logging? Well we started at the same time. I lost 30 pounds in 6 months and kept it off for 18 months now. She lost 20, then gained it back plus another 10. Do what works for you and stick with it, because someone is ALWAYS going to have a differing opinion.
  • kaittx13
    kaittx13 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Welcome to be a woman living with a man. It sucks. Big time. I gained weight when my SO moved, but realized that I can't eat like him. I talked to him about it and he is super supportive. He still has his Pringles and crackers in the house, but I put my food on a separate shelf away from his snack food. So I don't have to see it. I also got healthy things for myself to curb the cravings, like flavored water and single serving sunchips or popcorn. I have also experimented with healthier breads -- cauliflower pizza crust, zoodles. They both taste great, but are way healthier. My SO is always up for trying new foods too. We work out together which i really think helped get me back into shape. It is a fun and productive way to spend time together and push either in a fun competitive way. Slips up happen! You got this. You totally learned that you can not eat "whatever" like he can, which sucks, but gaining weight again sucks too. Good luck and I know you can do it!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Hugs Elphie!
  • elphie754
    Options
    kaittx13 wrote: »
    Welcome to be a woman living with a man. It sucks. Big time. I gained weight when my SO moved, but realized that I can't eat like him. I talked to him about it and he is super supportive. He still has his Pringles and crackers in the house, but I put my food on a separate shelf away from his snack food. So I don't have to see it. I also got healthy things for myself to curb the cravings, like flavored water and single serving sunchips or popcorn. I have also experimented with healthier breads -- cauliflower pizza crust, zoodles. They both taste great, but are way healthier. My SO is always up for trying new foods too. We work out together which i really think helped get me back into shape. It is a fun and productive way to spend time together and push either in a fun competitive way. Slips up happen! You got this. You totally learned that you can not eat "whatever" like he can, which sucks, but gaining weight again sucks too. Good luck and I know you can do it!

I actually got a huge chuckle out of this statement. It is so true!!! When my one significant other moved in two years ago, I actually started losing weight because she portioned her food as well (not weighed but then again she wasn't as big as I was). He moves in and things hit the fan for me (and not her which makes me even more frustrated that her will power is better than mine).

On a positive note today-felt absolutely lousy (between headache and jaw pain) but still went to the gym and swam for 30minutes. It felt great.
  • elphie754
    Options
    Wanted to say thank you to everyone for the support last week. I am happy to say despite all the wrenches I have been thrown this week (persistent jaw pain from the fracture, a migraine and jury duty-not really a wrench but felt like it to me) I have lost 2.6 lbs. I know it will slow down but it just felt great to see a lower number this morning.

Thank you all for your awesome support! I know people aren't always receptive to advice and can get snotty/call people mean, so definitely wanted to take a moment and recognize the awesome support!
  • elphie754
    Options
    So I am once again frustrated with my self. I had lost 10 lbs and felt amazing that I making progress. Once again I ended up gaining some back (7 out of the 10) because of a lot of stress in my home lately. I lost sight of my goals and furious at myself for doing that.

I guess it could have been worse (gaining more than 7 lbs) but it still annoys me (especially since I have 90 lbs left to goal.

Now that the stressor is gone, it should hopefully be easier to stay in a calorie deficit.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    So I am once again frustrated with my self. I had lost 10 lbs and felt amazing that I making progress. Once again I ended up gaining some back (7 out of the 10) because of a lot of stress in my home lately. I lost sight of my goals and furious at myself for doing that.

I guess it could have been worse (gaining more than 7 lbs) but it still annoys me (especially since I have 90 lbs left to goal.

Now that the stressor is gone, it should hopefully be easier to stay in a calorie deficit.

You got to try to find another way to deal with stress. Can you go for a walk instead when it happens? Buy a punching bag? There will ALWAYS be stress. If you always end up eating too much when it happens, you'll never reach your goal.

You need to figure out what happens when you start stressing out, and make yourself change that. Do you stop logging? Then don't stop. Weigh yourself every day no matter what.

The main question though is what is your plan that it's so easy for you to get off track? Clearly it's not sustainable for you. Reduce your goal. Don't restrict yourself too much. Stop buying trigger foods. You got to figure it out.
  • elphie754
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    elphie754 wrote: »

You got to try to find another way to deal with stress. Can you go for a walk instead when it happens? Buy a punching bag? There will ALWAYS be stress. If you always end up eating too much when it happens, you'll never reach your goal.

You need to figure out what happens when you start stressing out, and make yourself change that. Do you stop logging? Then don't stop. Weigh yourself every day no matter what.

The main question though is what is your plan that it's so easy for you to get off track? Clearly it's not sustainable for you. Reduce your goal. Don't restrict yourself too much. Stop buying trigger foods. You got to figure it out[b/].

I still log but I had stopped weighing food. I don't eat out of stress, it's more like I eat and stop caring about weighing food.

My plan is 1300 calories, plus 50% of exercise calories. It not so much that I get off track easily, I was just focused on other things and weightloss got put on back burner.

I don't really have any trigger foods.