Tattoo free for me

Options
hdatres
hdatres Posts: 635 Member
Anyone ease tattoo free? We are a dying breed. When everyone else is covered in tattoos we will be the unique ones.

Replies

• SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    I have tattoos. They have deep personal meaning to me. I got my first one when I beat thyroid cancer, and the second one to commemorate realizing my dream of becoming a mom despite years of infertility. They're hidden on my body because they're just for me, to remind me of these milestones. So I guess I'm not unique :neutral:

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I have tattoos. They have deep personal meaning to me. I got my first one when I beat thyroid cancer, and the second one to commemorate realizing my dream of becoming a mom despite years of infertility. They're hidden on my body because they're just for me, to remind me of these milestones. So I guess I'm not unique :neutral:

u·nique/yo͞oˈnēk/
    adjective
    being the only one of its kind; unlike anything else.

We're all unique :flowerforyou:
  • hdatres
    Options

I was diagnosed with bone cancer in my knee ,and thank God in heaven and prayers.The tumor was removed.
    I didn't say people that have tattoos are bad .I'm saying it's unique not to have any tattoos, because everyone is getting them.
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    No tattoos here either and not planning on any. Just not my thing.
  • hdatres
    Options

Do you notice tattooed people get offended when you say you don't want any tattoos? Just because everyone else is doing something doesn't mean I want to do it too
  • Mike02209
    Mike02209 Posts: 301 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I am currently tattoo free. However, I had a good friend who owns several tattoo shops and he is a very talented artist. He came up with an original piece of art just for me. It was a guitar morphed into a sailboat, with some of my favorite books for sails and an engineers compass as the rudder, crewed by skogs (from a fav childrens book). It was beautiful, but with one issue, he used an acoustic guitar, and I play electric, I asked him to change it, but he said it wouldn't float with an electric, so it had to be acoustic. He was adamant, as some artists can be when it comes to their work. So I remain ink free.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    No tattoos but I really want to get a bunch because chicks think they're hot.
    Options
    hdatres wrote: »

Do you notice tattooed people get offended when you say you don't want any tattoos? Just because everyone else is doing something doesn't mean I want to do it too

Do you often have that conversation with tattooed people?
    FTR, not offended, just sharing my story.
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options

I've seen some beautiful artwork and wellll not so beautiful. don't think Ive ever had anyone question why I didn't want ink. Probably an age thing. In my younger years, tats were something for those with rough edges. Not the case anymore.

• Mike02209
    Mike02209 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Penn Gillette recently said that having a Tattoo used to mean you were on the edge and a bad *kitten*. Now it just means you have been to the mall.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    xxGws.jpg?fb
  • Escloflowne
    Options

I was diagnosed with bone cancer in my knee ,and thank God in heaven and prayers.The tumor was removed.
    I didn't say people that have tattoos are bad .I'm saying it's unique not to have any tattoos, because everyone is getting them.

You didn't go see a doctor?
    Options

ROFL. That was for me, wasn't it? :lol:
  • Escloflowne
    Options

ROFL. That was for me, wasn't it? :lol:

No, OP made it sound like she didn't receive medical attention and was curious what she did other than prayers?
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    That one guy will be in here soon to say that tattoos are the worst and get everybody fired up only to find out that he's full of them. It's a riot!!
  • Starman02
    Starman02 Posts: 181 Member
    Options

I don't think you have any idea what you are talking about. Paint us all into a corner much? I don't give two craps about what you do or don't do, but don't tell me how I act. You are small minded, lady.

^^^ This!
    I could give a *kitten* if you have tattoos
    I could give a *kitten* if you don't
    Who cares!?
  • Escloflowne
    Options
    Starman02 wrote: »

I don't think you have any idea what you are talking about. Paint us all into a corner much? I don't give two craps about what you do or don't do, but don't tell me how I act. You are small minded, lady.

^^^ This!
    I could give a *kitten* if you have tattoos
    I could give a *kitten* if you don't
    Who cares!?

Where are you getting all these cats!?
  • Pittshkr_
    Pittshkr_ Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I get offended when people tell me im offended for getting offended when im not offended that someone thinks its offensive.... oh and btw....

According to researchers from the University of Alabama, getting a bunch of tattoos is a lot like working out. When you first start, your body is weakened by the new stress. At the gym, this means sore muscles. For tattooing, the process often leaves you feeling generally exhausted because your body is wondering why you injected a foreign contaminant deep into your skin.

As it turns out, yes. The researchers were able to verify this by heading out to a local tattoo shop and recruiting volunteers for a study that examined how many tattoos a person had and how long each tattooing session was. With this data, they then analysed blood samples to gauge the participants' levels of immunoglobulin A, which is an antibody, and cortisol, a stress hormone.

The team found that people who were getting their very first tattoo had a large drop in immunoglobulin A thanks to rising cortisol levels. As for those who had been tattooed many times before, immunoglobulin A levels decreased only a tiny bit, which, according to the team, suggests that the body is strengthening its immunological response.
  • mstokes85
    mstokes85 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Twinsies! Tattoo free here! I just can't pull them off haha. Some people wear them very well..some seem a bit forced or awkward....but not for me to judge. ☕