How much weight did you lose in 8 months?

Options
I'm looking to lose quite a bit of weight by early December. I'm going on vacation and want to look good in a bikini. (I wanna be healthier too but this is something to keep me motivated) If you've been dieting for a while, how much weight did you lose in 8 months or around there? I just wanna see what's a realistic goal. I'm starting at 160 btw. (I'm 5'4)

Replies

• size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Aim for 1lbs a week as krisstastic said were all different you've about 35 weeks so could be 125lbs if you do this strict & don't deprive yourself :)
  • jandsstevenson887
    jandsstevenson887 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this for 6 months losing 1 lb/week so hopefully about 24-25lbs.
  • erinc5
    erinc5 Posts: 329 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I have lost about 15 lbs since Jan 2. (a bit over 3 months). I am 5'7" and started at 175 and am now 160, headed for 140ish. I know that the closer I get to my goal, the slower my loss will be. Once I reach 155, I'm gonna change my rate of loss from 1 lb per week to 0.5 lb per week. So far, I have been VERY consistently losing the 1 lb per week that I have MFP set to. Just set MFP to 1 lb per week and then keep at it! Soon, you'll be looking and feeling much better. Once you get down to around 15-20 lbs til goal, then set the loss to 0.5 lbs per week.

To look good, start a workout/resistance program. You can improve the way you look even without losing as much weight as you want.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I lost about 35 Lbs in that time...

Keep in mind that rate of loss is going to be very variable depending on one's starting point...someone with a lot of weight to lose is going to be able to safely sustain larger deficits and they will lose at a faster rate than someone who is leaner...this is really not something that is particularly productive in comparing.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    About 8 lbs in the last 8 months, but 80 altogether. In maintenance now for the last couple of months. :)
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Ten years ago at age 44 and before menopause, I lost 72 lbs in 8 months. After "finding" 60 of the 72 lbs I'd lost slowly creeping back over a 10-year period, I got serious in late July and at age 54 and after menopause, in 8 months I'd lost 50 lbs.
  • NesCastanon
    NesCastanon Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    85 lbs in 8 months. Could have been more if I was consistent.
  • ashleyjongepier
    ashleyjongepier Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    85 in the first 8 but sw was 305
  • conzackkadzoe
    conzackkadzoe Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I lost 40 pounds in 12 months by trying to create a "new normal" for the way I eat and the amount I exercise. Nothing crazy, just a lot fewer sweets and wheats, and increasing from 2-3 days of exercise to 4-6 days a week.
  • jumpingborderterrier
    jumpingborderterrier Posts: 16 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    The 2 times I got to goal: lost 55lbs in 11 months. Time 2: lost 30 lbs in 5 months. So that's an average loss of 1.3lbs a week for me. This has been good for me to think of this way. Sometimes I get frustrated with how slow it seems in the middle of trying to reach a goal.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    18 pounds.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I started at 170 and I lost about 30-35 lbs in 8 months and I am now at 40.8 lbs lost in over a year because I keep going off plan.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3". In eight months, I went from 139 pounds to 109 pounds. That even included a few weeks at maintenance.
  • Countryboy_83
    Countryboy_83 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    110lbs bxlh58bdrp2s.jpeg
    3pjfe7cbyzzu.jpeg
  • wsrep
    wsrep Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    60 lbs in first 8 months. 80 lbs in 1 year. SW 295 CW 215.
  • Fernando618G
    Fernando618G Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose quite a bit of weight by early December. I'm going on vacation and want to look good in a bikini. (I wanna be healthier too but this is something to keep me motivated) If you've been dieting for a while, how much weight did you lose in 8 months or around there? I just wanna see what's a realistic goal. I'm starting at 160 btw. (I'm 5'4)

i lost 62
  • Fernando618G
    Fernando618G Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    @markboone94 beat mode son! im jealous of the ab def no homo mines just shaping up like that
  • Countryboy_83
    Countryboy_83 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    @markboone94 beat mode son! im jealous of the ab def no homo mines just shaping up like that

Keep pushing you will get there
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    20 lbs in 2 months since I started. Another 10 to reach my goal weight. Giving it a month or a month and half. . I'm not tight with counting at all. Cheers.