• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    synacious wrote: »
    macgurlnet wrote: »
    Hmm, that doesn't sound right.

What are you using to track your steps?

What are your height, current weight & gender?

I get something like 400 calories if I get my 10K steps, so I'm thinking something's not right here.

~Lyssa

Fitbit.

Would you mind providing a screenshot of what the MFP calorie adjustment looks like on the homepage?

Sure. See below.

tp65eadi0xop.jpg

yeah, something is definitely off.

Do you have both your fitbit and myfitnesspal set to lose weight? Same height, weight, goals, etc.? Can you try unsyncing and then resyncing your account?

edit: mine was doing this as well and it took me doing the above to fix it.
  • xXxWhitneyxXx
    xXxWhitneyxXx Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Weird. My fitbit is also synced to MFP and I've gotten 4340 steps in today and it only added 180 calories .... I agree with the others, somethings off.
  • Microscopes
    Microscopes Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »

I get something like 400 calories if I get my 10K steps, so I'm thinking something's not right here.

~Lyssa

Fitbit.

Would you mind providing a screenshot of what the MFP calorie adjustment looks like on the homepage?

Sure. See below.

tp65eadi0xop.jpg

yeah, something is definitely off.

Do you have both your fitbit and myfitnesspal set to lose weight? Same height, weight, goals, etc.? Can you try unsyncing and then resyncing your account?

edit: mine was doing this as well and it took me doing the above to fix it.

Exactly the same.

It can't be different.

Every time I update one (with my weight for example), it automatically updates the other.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I posted the screenshot above.

As you can see, it added 700+ calories for 1,700 steps.

Ridiculous!

I though he meant go into your exercise section and show the breakdown posted in there too.

Or he posted while you were posting.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options

~Lyssa

Fitbit.

Sure. See below.

tp65eadi0xop.jpg

Go to the website and make sure you don't have multiple fitbit adjustments in your exercise diary.

I recently had a few days where MFP'S website had several fitbit adjustments (only one would show in app...so check the website). Also click the little i next to your adjustment to see the math it's using to come up with that number.
  • Microscopes
    Options

Ridiculous!

I though he meant go into your exercise section and show the breakdown posted in there too.

o3uqqhiya52y.jpg
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Have you logged any exercise on Fitbit today?
  • Microscopes
    Options

~Lyssa

Fitbit.

Sure. See below.

tp65eadi0xop.jpg

Go to the website and make sure you don't have multiple fitbit adjustments in your exercise diary.

I recently had a few days where MFP'S website had several fitbit adjustments (only one would show in app...so check the website). Also click the little i next to your adjustment to see the math it's using to come up with that number.

Did that.

Posted a screenshot above showing only 1 entry.

Also, see below on Sunday where I had 7,000 steps. 2,300 exercise calories.
    Wowwwwe4f4gbh8votk.jpg
  • shadow2soul
    edited April 2016
    Options

Ridiculous!

o3uqqhiya52y.jpg

Tap where it says fitbit...then tap the number again... It should show you the math

You should see something like this
    6rxs6s63likk.png
  • rainbowbow
    Options
    According to MyFitnessPal:

Fitbit Issues - 4/3

Monday, April 4, 2016 1:13 PST

Hey Guys,

Sorry for the recent issues with the Fitbit integration. While yesterday we were not seeing steps syncing from Fitbit to MyFitnessPal, today the steps appear to syncing over again. We will continue to monitor the situation and post any updates here.

Some users also reported that their Diary was showing multiple Fitbit Calorie Adjustment lines, when viewing it on the website. We are also unable to reproduce this issue today, however, please let us know if you are still seeing multiple adjustments in your Diary entry for Today.

If your issue is not mentioned or you are still seeing more than one fitbit Calorie Adjustment line in Today's diary, please click the link, http://:http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/emails/new, to reach us via email so we may assist you further.

Best,
    Logan
    MyFitnessPal Staff

• Microscopes
    Options
    Have you logged any exercise on Fitbit today?

I've never logged exercise ever.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    Are you 200+ pounds overweight? The more you weigh, the more energy it takes to move.
  • Microscopes
    Options

Fitbit Issues - 4/3

Hey Guys,

Sorry for the recent issues with the Fitbit integration. While yesterday we were not seeing steps syncing from Fitbit to MyFitnessPal, today the steps appear to syncing over again. We will continue to monitor the situation and post any updates here.

Some users also reported that their Diary was showing multiple Fitbit Calorie Adjustment lines, when viewing it on the website. We are also unable to reproduce this issue today, however, please let us know if you are still seeing multiple adjustments in your Diary entry for Today.

If your issue is not mentioned or you are still seeing more than one fitbit Calorie Adjustment line in Today's diary, please click the link, http://:http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/emails/new, to reach us via email so we may assist you further.

Best,
    Logan
    MyFitnessPal Staff

I checked. I don't have multiple entries.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
  • shadow2soul
    Options

~Lyssa

Fitbit.

Sure. See below.

tp65eadi0xop.jpg

Did that.

Wowwwwe4f4gbh8votk.jpg

No you didn't. You checked the app. As I said above the website has been showing multiple adjustments while the app only shows one. You would have to go to myfitnesspal.com to check.
  • thunder1982
    thunder1982 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Ive done 2,000 steps so far and been given a grand total of 45 extra calories. I am set as sedentary on MFP and am 5"4 & 180pds. I usually get roughly 400 extra by the end of the day when I hit around 7-8k steps no purposeful exercise.

Looking back and Wed i did just over 6k and got 354, yesterday I got 990 extra cal and did 11k steps (that included a hard pace run of just over 2k steps and contributed 183 calories).

I would agree that seems very excessive unless your are very heavy.
  • Microscopes
    Options
    seska422 wrote: »
    Are you 200+ pounds overweight? The more you weigh, the more energy it takes to move.

180 pounds.

Do you think I really burn 800 exercise cals (on top of NEAT) With every 1700 steps? If so Ill walk 10,000 steps and burn 7,000 cal a day and eat like a king! Haha.
  • Microscopes
    Options

~Lyssa

Fitbit.

Sure. See below.

tp65eadi0xop.jpg

Did that.

Wowwwwe4f4gbh8votk.jpg

No you didn't. You checked the app. As I said above the website has been showing multiple adjustments while the app only shows one. You would have to go to myfitnesspal.com to check.

Ohhhh.

I didn't know the website and app would have different info.
  • shadow2soul
    Options

~Lyssa

Fitbit.

Sure. See below.

tp65eadi0xop.jpg

Did that.

Wowwwwe4f4gbh8votk.jpg

Ohhhh.

I didn't know the website and app would have different info.

It's not supposed to. That's the glitch that's been happening lately.
  • rainbowbow
    Options

Fitbit Issues - 4/3

Hey Guys,

Best,
    Logan
    MyFitnessPal Staff

I checked. I don't have multiple entries.

then i advise you click the link and report the issue. Have someone from MFP help you with the technical problem.

I don't think any of us are going to be able to give you a direct fix because as i stated i was also having funky problems with mine and they resolved themselves once i unsynced and resynced. I think it's probably better to ask them instead of try every possible thing every one on the forum could suggest.