After you reach your goal weight...

Options
curious what everyone is planning on doing after you reach your goal weight! For example, will you get a makeover, buy something new, show off your new figure? :) it's fun thinking about it.

Replies

• chrislee1628
    chrislee1628 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    lol no idea, probably go to a beach and swim naked
  • kyleliermann
    kyleliermann Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    curious what everyone is planning on doing after you reach your goal weight! For example, will you get a makeover, buy something new, show off your new figure? :) it's fun thinking about it.

Maintain so I dont die young :D
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Work on keeping the weight loss off by going on Maintenance.
    I will continue logging at MFP
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Recomp. Start to build some muscle- particularly upper body
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Work on maintenance, continue to log, etc. Focus on more fitness goals. Maybe have some pizza and ice cream and dance wildly to blaring music for all of 15 seconds before eating more pizza and ice cream. Then the next day the scale will be up because of sodium and carbs and then it's time to work on getting back to goal weight... lol
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,432 Member
    Options
    Stay healthy and strong - that's my best reward.
  • RWClary
    RWClary Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Stay healthy and strong - that's my best reward.
    Well said!

About 6 months before reaching my goal weight, I wrote out new goals in weight maintenance that began the very day I hit that coveted 180 pounds.
    That was 5 years ago. Each year I inch my body fat down which has been slow, steady progress.
    Day one at 180 pounds was just another day....and I bought all new clothes... >:)
  • JennieMaeK
    JennieMaeK Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I'm rewarding myself with a tattoo :)

But I know I will be still be logging and exercising and doing all the things I'm currently doing.
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    New clothes!!!
  • lgregory6540
    lgregory6540 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have a whole list. I agree with previous posters about maintenance etc but when I hit my goal I have things I have been too embarrassed or shy to do at my starting weight. Clothes shopping is a must - trying to buy as little as possible while body is changing because I would rather invest in items I plan to wear long term. I also want to do a beach vacation and kayak lessons!
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Plan to lift weights and get some muscles followed by putting that plan off till next week. Rinse and repeat :tongue:
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    3 years of maintenance here, didn't really do anything special except get new blood work done, and then regrouped and moved onto figuring out how to maintain (took about 6 months to transition, not a fun time). The whole thing was actually pretty anticlimatic :p
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Arriving at goal weight or whatever (I never had a particular number) is not the finish line...it's actually the starting line of the real race.

When I hit my goal, I decided to take a really good look at my fitness goals because I needed something else to keep me in the race...the only thing I really did for myself was buy a good bike.
  • Fernando618G
    Fernando618G Posts: 380 Member
    Options

hell yeah. showing off is part of it. thats why i wear muscle shirts...even when its cold :D
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,951 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

I hit my first goal almost a year ago.

I took a 1-month diet break ... and then decided to lose more.

I don't really have a definite second goal, but I reached something that could be my second goal just before Christmas. I took a 6-week diet break then. :)

I also went through all my clothes over the Christmas break so that I've got my slim selection in the closet rather than my heavy selection.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Try on the clothes I wore in my before photo, then go out & buy a few new clothes (after 2 yrs of living from Goodwill!) I will prob get s body fat measurement in a bod pod of hydro tank.
  • sarahspr91
    sarahspr91 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Shopping and start training for a 10k race!
  • Vanessalookingood
    Vanessalookingood Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I want to enjoy my new body, new clothes for sure. I especially want to learn to maintain when the time comes. I am sick of the yo-yo effect so I am hoping that my emotional state will be able to handle my new self. If that makes any sense?
  • Vanessalookingood
    Vanessalookingood Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Oh, and did I mention I wanna look HOT?
  • Samrny
    Samrny Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    After I hit 145 I want to gain back 5lbs of PURE MUSCLE.