Ladies what should a guy wear to the gym?

Options

Replies

• Mike02209
    Mike02209 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    Mike02209 wrote: »
    I'm going with wear what you like.

If you are going to the gym to meet women, then...well...I got nothin'.

I am not going to meet women, I am happily married. In fact I would say I am trying to not be noticed for wearing something the other gym-goers will look at and laugh to themselves, or make them cringe.

So......why solicit the opinions of women then? Would not asking guys yield better results? You know, if comfort and performance and actual experience with wearing the clothing is something that's important to you?

In retrospect I agree with you, I should not have placed a gender filter on this post. I was just curious about certain pieces of gym attire that women think should be avoided by men. I am still a noob at the gym and was trying to fit in (or not stand out) with some general advice. But your point is well taken.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    I wear a tank top or wicking t-shirt, with compression shorts under basketball shorts. It's kind of "conservative" by gym standards, but I'm comfortable and not overheated in it...
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    What do you see other people wearing at your gym? Wear that kind of thing.
    I'd say get clothes that are not too tight or revealing when you move. You want to be comfortable.
    If you are concerned about patterns, graphics or writing on clothes potentially offending or just looking silly then get plain solid colors. Neutral colored shorts like black, gray or navy go with any color top.
    If you want a woman's opinion on clothes and you are married why not ask your wife?
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Where whatever makes you feel good and comfortable!
    Regular tshirts are fine, it doesn't matter as long as you can get a good workout in it!
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options
    RWClary wrote: »
    I like to wear matching Adidas outfits, because a professional athlete I know got a new sponsor and could no longer wear any other brand but Nike. He gave me his entire wardrobe!

Suddenly, I am a fan of Adidas!
    hehe - :D

Haven't you posted these pictures before? Like...a thousand times over?
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options

I am not going to meet women, I am happily married. In fact I would say I am trying to not be noticed for wearing something the other gym-goers will look at and laugh to themselves, or make them cringe.

So......why solicit the opinions of women then? Would not asking guys yield better results? You know, if comfort and performance and actual experience with wearing the clothing is something that's important to you?

Because side chicks
  • DanSTL82
    DanSTL82 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Nobody cares what you're wearing at the gym.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    DYELB wrote: »
    RWClary wrote: »
    I like to wear matching Adidas outfits, because a professional athlete I know got a new sponsor and could no longer wear any other brand but Nike. He gave me his entire wardrobe!

Suddenly, I am a fan of Adidas!
    hehe - :D

Haven't you posted these pictures before? Like...a thousand times over?

lol

and whos the athlete?
  • saraAmcd
    saraAmcd Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Rage_Phish wrote: »
    lol at caring what people think of my gym attire
    So no more assless chaps?

are there non *kitten*-less chaps?

Yes. They're called pants. :)
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    This topic isn't as much fun as I'd hoped.
    I second the idea to wear superhero themed items.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Because women do the majority of eye rolling at the things that men wear.

As long as your shorts are long enough, not transparent, and don't show anything untoward when you do your exercises, you should be fine. Women really like clean looking clothes and lack of body odor too.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    My advice, don't worry about what others think. You are in the gym for you, and no one else.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Quite frankly as long as your d*ck is not hanging out- I'm fine with what you're wearing.

If you've got shorts on with no shorts on- and we can see the outline of your junk people are going to notice- same with girls who have a camel toe.

Does it bother me? nope.
    Will I notice? Yep.
    Do I care- not really.

Just be aware people my look at you if you have body parts out lined. But as long as everything is covered- whatever.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    pootle1972 wrote: »
    As long as your tackle.isnt swinging in the wind shorts are fine.....and possibly not tight lycra....there's a large guy in ours that wears ladies workout gear.....its an eye opener to say the least....

"tackle swinging in the wind" hahahahaha.

OP, whatever you want, but there's a lot of body builders at my gym who have taken to wearing the compression capri pants and nothing over it. That I find strange, especially when they have vibrant stitching outlining their sausage. Their pants just scream, "hey! Look at my d***"
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Stand in front of your wife in your proposed clothing. Do a couple of squats, jumping jacks and pushups. If she doesn't say "oh my gawd, you're not wearing that out anywhere are you?", you're golden.
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Avoid plaid. White belts with matching white shoes. Also, I don't want anything that looks like a newborn bird peeping out of the bottom of your shorts, so no male version of the Daisy Dukes.

Personally, I love the look of the T shirts with cut out sleeves.

BRNVrQU.jpg
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    Stand in front of your wife in your proposed clothing. Do a couple of squats, jumping jacks and pushups. If she doesn't say "oh my gawd, you're not wearing that out anywhere are you?", you're golden.

Best response, IMO.
  • abelcat1
    abelcat1 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    As long as your *man-parts*, sweat and chesthair is under control you can wear anything you like.... I never pay attention to others... unless they drip or shed ... I don´t look at shoes, I listen to my music and stay clear of others and especially their sweat.... Comfort and hygeine should be your focus in the gym ;-) in my opinion.
  • carmkizzle
    carmkizzle Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    cgvet37 wrote: »
    My advice, don't worry about what others think. You are in the gym for you, and no one else.

Exactly.
  • DearestWinter
    DearestWinter Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Be careful with the length of your shorts and make sure your apparel fits the activity. I had the misfortune of being in a yoga class with a gentleman who was wearing shorts that were too short and downward dog was not a pretty sight.