Options
    xSPICYx wrote: »
    Oops 20 years not 30 years. ROFL

Don't lie. You meant 30 years, you old *kitten*

Haha I am old. I'm 42 but that's ok. :smiley:
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    It's the internet you will never know who you are talking to unless you meet them. That is a picture of me from about 6 months ago, but I would not have any problem posting pics of inspirational people. But I am not trying to pass my self off as them. Plus I don't have any intention of actually meeting anybody in RL, so I wouldn't feel that I was deceiving anyone.

• _EPIC_
    _EPIC_ Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    It seems like the only solution is that our profile photos are live feeds of us to ensure complete accuracy. No?
  • 1CountryGirl05
    1CountryGirl05 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    1wczd3tvi757.jpg

No overhead angle here. To be fair this photo was taken Decenter 20th and I have lost several pounds since then.
  • 1CountryGirl05
    Options
    _EPIC_ wrote: »
    It seems like the only solution is that our profile photos are live feeds of us to ensure complete accuracy. No?

WELL that could be fun. I think you submit that idea to the MFP gods
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    _EPIC_ wrote: »

Yep. Someone get on that.
  • Madame_Goldbrick
    Madame_Goldbrick Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Really what does it matter? I am who I portray myself to be. However I could be anyone online I choose to be. I could even be a guy. Who cares? Most of my FL have known me 1-3yrs. So they're pretty damn sure I'm an idiot! ;) Beyond that what does it matter...
  • Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    ald783 wrote: »
    If we're talking accuracy, one could make the argument that a selfie from a deliberately overhead angle is as inaccurate as an outdated picture.

Yup.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    You don't like people who use photos that are not of themselves. Glad we're not friends.

I'm not ashamed of myself or how I look. I have Richard Armitage as my avatar because my last one kept attracting pro-ana people despite it talking about depression to me.

I love the hypocrisy in your OP since you really are totally judging people:
    I'm not judging the people, I really just don't understand the thought process for this. I mean it's a fitness site so wouldn't it be more helpful to use your own photo and a current one?
  • readytochange42
    readytochange42 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    It has never crossed my mind to question what others are using as their profile pic. I'm too focused on myself and my goals to care . Some may use a old photo or even a photo of their favorite fitness trainer as a form of motivation. To each his/her own. Whatever gets you going!!
  • ThatLadyFromMN
    ThatLadyFromMN Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    My picture is current, but I angle it because I hate my nose. Hmm, my cheeks are probably chubbier in person too... but if anyone asks me, I'm a short, chubby, curvy girl with big ole tatas. :D
  • jenovatrix
    jenovatrix Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I am really a cartoon cat.
  • 1CountryGirl05
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I thought it was a legitimate question since I had "pals" claim photos as themself, especially the guy who tried to use Marc Fitt's body. You are right. I didn't like him because he lied to me. That clearly was not his body. Why do I care? Well because I added him hoping to get fitness advice and he lied about his appearance.

I'm not talking about people who state it's an inspirational photo. That's a totally different topic. I'm talking about the people who outright lie.

If it makes me judgmental to not enjoy being lied to then I'm ok with that.

Funny how sensitive some of you are about this. Then again, I'm pretty easily amused at how you are judging me by calling me judgmental. Thought I was back in church for a minute.

:) have a nice day ya'll.
  • 1CountryGirl05
    Options
    jenovatrix wrote: »
    I am really a cartoon cat.

I totally knew yours was real. I lie too. I'm actually Supergirl but I didn't want people to know. I guess the cat's out of the bag now though .
  • 1CountryGirl05
    Options
    i buy all my pictures from my next door neighbor same as everybody else.

Really, you haven't seen my neighbors!
  • 1CountryGirl05
    edited April 2016
    Options
    My picture is current, but I angle it because I hate my nose. Hmm, my cheeks are probably chubbier in person too... but if anyone asks me, I'm a short, chubby, curvy girl with big ole tatas. :D

I seriously need to learn about this angle business. You don't look chubby to me. You're cute and clearly being too hard on yourself.
  • ThatLadyFromMN
    ThatLadyFromMN Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Lol, chin slightly down and angled. :D I'm like 205 lbs (most of it is boobs, bahaha) I should hit up that 300lb chick though, apparently all I'd have to do is show a little cleave. :D:D
  • cap3737
    cap3737 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    et2zcxmdxnn5.jpeg
    Maybe we should do it this way
    image.jpeg 1012.2K
  • 1CountryGirl05
    Options
    Lol, chin slightly down and angled. :D I'm like 205 lbs (most of it is boobs, bahaha) I should hit up that 300lb chick though, apparently all I'd have to do is show a little cleave. :D:D

It's because once men see boobs they ignore everything else. :)