Most annoying things people say when your losing weight!!

Options

Replies

• Eddie__Jones
    Eddie__Jones Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    you can have that it won't hurt. you should have enough self control to eat one piece of candy. which is not the point, offer me a boiled egg a can of tuna or a cup of cottage cheese. There is no protein in a jolly rancher.

I prefer to pick when I eat treats. Not eat something because someone offered.

68892776.png
  • ldowdesw
    ldowdesw Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I was recently asked by a friend if we could go for an 'all you can eat' Chinese evening out! I said thanks but no, I'm counting calories, 'oh but you can have one night off!!!! Yes, I replied a can, but I don't want too.
  • Mike02209
    Mike02209 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    ldowdesw wrote: »
    I was recently asked by a friend if we could go for an 'all you can eat' Chinese evening out! I said thanks but no, I'm counting calories, 'oh but you can have one night off!!!! Yes, I replied a can, but I don't want too.

Oh, the damage I could do at a Chinese Buffet is considerable. Not sure my calorie tracker goes that high.
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I hate when I run into people I have not seen in a long time and they say "You look great, you should not loose anymore". Since when have I based my goals on your opinion.
  • MsBuzzkillington
    MsBuzzkillington Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Nothing! I have to say the fact that only two people at work have asked me if I've lost weight is really disappointing. I've lose 20 pounds. My clothes are falling off... it HAS to be noticeable. But nothing... no one says anything, ever.

It has to make you feel a little good about yourself if people are saying you're looking too thin, even if it's annoying, at least people notice and it means your hard work is showing. Be proud.
  • DearestWinter
    DearestWinter Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Nothing! I have to say the fact that only two people at work have asked me if I've lost weight is really disappointing. I've lose 20 pounds. My clothes are falling off... it HAS to be noticeable. But nothing... no one says anything, ever.

It has to make you feel a little good about yourself if people are saying you're looking too thin, even if it's annoying, at least people notice and it means your hard work is showing. Be proud.

I would never comment about someone else's weight loss unless they told me they were trying and they kept me updated on their progress. Particularly in a professional setting - it feels inappropriate, as if I was somehow seeing them in a superficial way instead of as a colleague. I would suggest you talk to your coworkers and tell them about your hard work. You may find some have noticed but didn't feel comfortable saying anything.
  • Microscopes
    Microscopes Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised people get upset with the "Youre getting too skinny" comment.

I would take that as a huge compliment.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options

I would never comment about someone else's weight loss unless they told me they were trying and they kept me updated on their progress. Particularly in a professional setting - it feels inappropriate, as if I was somehow seeing them in a superficial way instead of as a colleague. I would suggest you talk to your coworkers and tell them about your hard work. You may find some have noticed but didn't feel comfortable saying anything.

I wouldn't comment, either.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    "You work out too much." - okay, and? I'm trying to become an LEO. I have a fitness test I have to pass.

"You have to reward yourself sometimes." - No, the reward is not putting something into my body that I know is going to trigger me to binge for the next week, two weeks, month, and throw me off my goals.

"Don't get too skinny." - :unamused: I'll stop when I am comfortable with myself and can successfully reach my goals as an LEO.

"Wow, you eat a lot, how do you lose weight eating like that?" - because I portioned this ish out, measured it on a food scale, and it fits my calories for the day. I <3 eating a ton of food for a few calories. I'm sorry that your big mac and fries isn't filling at 1k calories, but my giant chicken breast (or steak..mm) and plethora of grilled veggies is..at like..400-500 calories. :)

I love my Big Mac and fries but I'm not a volume eater. I'm a eat what I want (in moderation), be satisfied and not give a crap what other people are eating eater.

The most annoying thing anyone said to me while losing weight was, "Are you getting skinny to spite me?" Said by my ex the day we signed the papers.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    MzManiak wrote: »
    osche731 wrote: »
    When average/thin people complain their fat to me...it's hurtful and discouraging.

That's your own insecurities. If they don't say anything about you, it has nothing to do with you. If a friend complains about getting grey hair, I don't take offense just because I have a bunch. If a friend complains about feeling so tired because of their kid, I don't feel offended and demean them just because I'm doing it with 3. We all have different levels of comfort and ideas of what our bodies should look like. If I want to lose weight, that's on me, and it wouldn't be right for anyone to tell me I'm being ridiculous, or roll their eyes, or get offended just because they are bigger than I am.

I like the way you think. I second this sentiment.
  • therealklane
    therealklane Posts: 2,172 Member
    Options
    Someone asked my how much I'd lost and I told him (at that time) 100 lbs. He said, "Wow! You must've been huge!"

:unamused:
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Because it's a criticism hidden in a compliment.
    @therealklane What a turd. Sensitivity training for that one.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,982 Member
    Options
    Afura wrote: »

Because it's a criticism hidden in a compliment.
    @therealklane What a turd. Sensitivity training for that one.

I agree. Skinny is not a compliment. Someone who needs to gain weight doesn't want to be fat and someone who needs to lose weight doesn't want to be skinny. I just want to be fit.
  • e_v_v
    e_v_v Posts: 131 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    "You're crazy for training for a marathon. Why would someone ever want to do that?"

Because it's been my lifelong fitness goal! Don't call me crazy for deciding to be committed to something so difficult.

"Just eat it! You deserve it after all your hard work!"

I really don't. I deserve to eat what I should eat in peace, thanks.

"Using a food journal is a huge waste of time. Just be disciplined about it!"

Yeah, and that's why using one is so successful, huh? I, personally, struggle to know how much I can and can't eat based just on food knowledge.
  • ldowdesw
    ldowdesw Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Mike02209 wrote: »
    ldowdesw wrote: »

Oh, the damage I could do at a Chinese Buffet is considerable. Not sure my calorie tracker goes that high.

Yep!! I don't have a cut off switch, imagine that, as much Peking duck as you like! Yummy yummy.. I need mfp to tell me that I've had my calories so stop eating. Not, keep going you're not chucking up yet!! Hahaha X
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options

I wish more people had this mindset!
  • AnthonyThrashD_
    AnthonyThrashD_ Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    "Less than 4% keep their weight off for 5 years, you are wasting your time, you're going to gain it all back"
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    People saying that I look great but they are too fat and need to lose weight (they are thinner than me).
    People telling me to stop losing weight because I'm getting too skinny. Seriously, do you know me? Not eating enough is NEVER going to be an issue for me. EVER.
  • Slowfaster
    Slowfaster Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    "Should you be eating that?" They have no idea what my plan is.

"You've lost weight! I can see it in your face!" The one place I didn't want to lose, my face is too thin.
  • lovemykiddos91
    lovemykiddos91 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    perkymommy wrote: »
    You don't even look like you need to lose weight!!!! I HATE that one. I don't care how you think I look it's about me and what's good for me and my height/weight and my health.

I get this often, and its really annoying.