Most annoying things people say when your losing weight!!

Options

Replies

• raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Wow you really have lost a lot of weight what are you doing.

I stop and show them the app and explain that it has been a lesson in self discovery and you can make changes that work for you. The look of disappointment is sad and then the worst
    " you probably are exercising too"
    I try not to get disappointed with their disappointment.
    I don't think they even hear that they could choose anything they want to eat.
  • chrislee1628
    chrislee1628 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    why not are you on a diet? um..., duh.... lol
  • HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    My now Ex-masseuse -

"Wow. I've never massaged anyone like you before.....you're ALL bones. I'm worried I might break you." :o
  • healthkickkath1
    healthkickkath1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    "You're fading away to a shadow"
    ... Uh, Thanks
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    brower47 wrote: »
    "You work out too much." - okay, and? I'm trying to become an LEO. I have a fitness test I have to pass.

"You have to reward yourself sometimes." - No, the reward is not putting something into my body that I know is going to trigger me to binge for the next week, two weeks, month, and throw me off my goals.

"Don't get too skinny." - :unamused: I'll stop when I am comfortable with myself and can successfully reach my goals as an LEO.

"Wow, you eat a lot, how do you lose weight eating like that?" - because I portioned this ish out, measured it on a food scale, and it fits my calories for the day. I <3 eating a ton of food for a few calories. I'm sorry that your big mac and fries isn't filling at 1k calories, but my giant chicken breast (or steak..mm) and plethora of grilled veggies is..at like..400-500 calories. :)

I love my Big Mac and fries but I'm not a volume eater. I'm a eat what I want (in moderation), be satisfied and not give a crap what other people are eating eater.

The most annoying thing anyone said to me while losing weight was, "Are you getting skinny to spite me?" Said by my ex the day we signed the papers.

Did you tell your ex yes, "Yes, yes, I am because the entire universe revolves around you."?
  • ashleyjongepier
    ashleyjongepier Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Your SO lucky, its so easy for you to lose weight!

Maybe at first because I was over 350 lbs so 3-4 lbs a week wasn't a big deal. But no, not luck, lots of hard work and if it were easy I wouldn't have stalled for 6 months.

• ericaconti
    ericaconti Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    osche731 wrote: »
    When average/thin people complain their fat to me...it's hurtful and discouraging.

When I started, I weighed almost 300 pounds. I'm currently maintaining at 135. There are days where I feel fat. There are also parts of my body that still have a lot of fat on them. So even though I'm average/thin, I wasn't always and I still have "fat" I'm working on.

You never really know a person's story.

• BiggDaddy58
    BiggDaddy58 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    My lord..a sensitive bunch on here? What does it matter what they say? It opens the door to conversation..and perhaps educating others about your diet/exercise/lifestyle etc? If they turn out to be a non caring person with nothing to offer..hey//another good thing you just learned? If you allow these little comments to bother you..a lot of you have pretty thin skin and should quit dieting until your skin gets thicker?(joke) I agree..some things said..can tick you off a bit..or maybe be a little annoying..so..turn it around and converse..talk..discuss..have a conversation..that's part of the problem in today's world..not enough conversation with any depth to it..people truly do not know how to communicate. If you want to be annoyed..I'm sure a regular day supplies plenty of opportunities for that? I know as I have gotten older..people in general irritate me..so..perhaps I should follow my own advice? Have a great day/or evening..as the case may be.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    cate320 wrote: »
    When average/thin people complain their fat to me...it's hurtful and discouraging.

This is the worst! Some people just lack any kind of self awareness.

Or they're fishing for compliments. "what are you talking about?" "You're not fat, you look great!" I just suggest if they're unhappy with their body, they can come workout with me. :wink:
  • sstout02
    sstout02 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    is that on your "diet"? me: I've told you A MILLION times I'm not on a diet...diets don't work, I've changed my lifestyle and I can eat anything I want :)

Love it . I say the same
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options

I don't know, by that logic unless you're the single most obese person on Earth, you shouldn't complain about your weight lest you offend someone heavier than you. I mean, I don't get upset when people on these forums are talking about needing to lose thirty or forty pounds, even though after losing 97 pounds, I still have more remaining to lose than they do.

Just because people are thinner than you or I doesn't mean they don't still have problems. Likewise, we shouldn't be afraid to talk about our own issues for fear someone else has it worse than we do.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Your SO lucky, its so easy for you to lose weight!

If anyone told me that, I'd follow up with "It was even easier for me to gain it".
  • sstout02
    Options
    Lol
  • sstout02
    Options
    My lord..a sensitive bunch on here? What does it matter what they say? It opens the door to conversation..and perhaps educating others about your diet/exercise/lifestyle etc? If they turn out to be a non caring person with nothing to offer..hey//another good thing you just learned? If you allow these little comments to bother you..a lot of you have pretty thin skin and should quit dieting until your skin gets thicker?(joke) I agree..some things said..can tick you off a bit..or maybe be a little annoying..so..turn it around and converse..talk..discuss..have a conversation..that's part of the problem in today's world..not enough conversation with any depth to it..people truly do not know how to communicate. If you want to be annoyed..I'm sure a regular day supplies plenty of opportunities for that? I know as I have gotten older..people in general irritate me..so..perhaps I should follow my own advice? Have a great day/or evening..as the case may be.

Ogosh...this is all fun. I agree turn it around and have fun.

• ScaryBrandon
    ScaryBrandon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    "You did it once, you can do it again."

Meant to be encouraging and is encouraging at face value... but also reminds me that i gained back all the weight I had lost.
  • sstout02
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I get that all the time. So annoying. I'd still go though, but just try to eat the healthier options (or make room in my day for something with more calories).
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I get that all the time. So annoying. I'd still go though, but just try to eat the healthier options (or make room in my day for something with more calories).
    I did spaghetti!! Lol

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    It's not something people SAY to me, but I was told by my boss that she could count my teeth through my cheeks... That really bothered me.
  • MichelleLea122
    MichelleLea122 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    For me, unless you're my doctor or my mother, don't comment on my weight, my body, or my eating habits. Hell, even my mother knows better.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    "You're not planning to lose any more weight, are you?"